So breaking it down
Acid ... Cold ... Electricity ... Fire ... Light ... Dark ... Mech.
It'll eliminate the need to "list dip" while letting them play around.
Anyway I must say you digged out quite a bunch of interesting flavourful spells.
Cherry picked and abbreviated, but the tl;dr is the Arcane Pilot's butched core-only spell list sucked so I wrote alternative options for the Arcane Pilot using key Spells from D&D, including the PHBII/CM's "Channeled" spell such as Channeled Pyroburst. They were allowed for his game and he later copied his "own" version.
1. Second, there's not supposed to be a big villain with a share in everything.
2. And Dark Force is the thing slipping through the cracks, feeding in everybody's evil emotions, ... it is revealed that Dark Force was actually letting itself be destroyed just to grow stronger
Also you seem to have misunderstood Dark Force. First it is not a fourteen billion years old, its existence can probably be measured in just thousands of years. A lot of stuff happened before Dark Force ever came into existence.Nah, I grabbed my info from the PH wiki. ... The "Dark Force" is a fragment of the "Profound Darkness". Mr Profound is billions of years old and sealed away, which from the shiny rock-seals presented in game that is who we are supposed to be dealing with. Mr Force on the other hand is just a tiny unsealed fragment bearing the same title as the last one and it breaks loose ever 1,000 years. ... It sounds like you're combining them. Here is the diehard nerd entries: Dark Force & Profound Darkness.
Plus in case I did not make myself clear old cliches of ancient masterminds and ancient stuff being the best are to be avoided like the plague here.
Shinru lives in a really long time loop yeah, but he's incapable of doing anything. Lev lives in a time loop too, it's shorter and he's new to it, every repeat he changes something and through the chaos effect it changes hundreds of thousands of things that are seemingly unlinked to one another.
Oslecamo's PH campaign now includes time loops, a single BBEG, and a future of Undead ruling everything.
Developing on our discussion so far, I believe a good basis is that there was some cataclysmic event in the past that wrecked most magic stuff and gods, allowing for a fresh restart where technology gets a chance to shine because every wish-granting creature went extinct most, deities were erased, planes except the material collapsed into a corrupt dimension of entropy and decay, and spells like gate/clone/shapechange/PaO/Ice Assassin and whatnot just don't work anymore in this universe. Dark Force also starts at that time, not sure if it's a cause or effect, maybe both.Sounds pretty unoriginal and it also creates more work because now you have to patch stuff.
Like let's take that one plane idea.
* Anomander can contact the dead, obviously there is a plane for the afterlife.
* You went nuts and added every extra dimensional safe house in core to the Arcane Pilot, those all use the Astral Plane.
* You have ghosts & Ethereal Jaunt, the Ethereal Plane exists.
* Speaking of ghosts, you gave them Shadow Walk so the Plane of Shadow exists too.
* Dimensional Anchor is a huge thing to prevent warp drives, so we know "warp" is just another plane too.
Just off that one contradiction now you have to patch a dozen little things.
No seriously, I never undestood the difference between Astral and Ethereal and I realized I don't care,
I love that line, I must have forwarded it to a dozen people as my single explanation of why he does some of the things he does. Anyway, and then Oslecamo removed the extra dimensional spells from Arcane Pilot and wrote this.
Some scholars present the theory that in the past there were indeed a lot of different planes, but whatever event spawned Dark Force also made the planes collapsed into a single one.
Magitech Knight (SWR-table)
That is a pretty creative name there. It's not even subtle and I think that's the point.
|4||8||Might Makes It Right||add your strength modifier to save DCs but your opponents add their strength modifier to saves against your spells|
Bolts of Frost: Project one bolt of frost per attack for the duration of the spell
Level: Drd 3, Sor/Wiz 2; Components: V, S; Casting Time: 1 standard action; Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft. 2/levels); Effect: Ray; Duration: 1 bolt of frost/level; Saving Throw: None; Spell Resistance: Yes.
With this spell, you become able to project one bolt of frost per attack for the duration of the spell at any target within range. If your base attack bonus is high enough and you take the full attack action, you can project more than one bolt per round. You must succeed at a ranged touch attack with a bolt to deal damage. A bolt deals 2d6 points of cold damage and +1 point of piercing damage per two caster levels (maximum +10). All bolts of frost must be expended within 10 minutes per caster level of the initial casting.
Level: Magitech Knight 2
Mechas must make a Fort save or lose 1d12 HP per CL and are Dazed for 1 round instead. Either way you can add your Str mod to the save DC and non-mindless targets can add their Str mod to their save roll. You can make a total of 3 such attacks per CL until this Magitechnique is expended or until its duration is over, whichever happens first.
And this is far from a new discussion too if you are familiar with the older discussions with the Arcane Swordsage, my Blue Mage, and my UPS build. The main idea is to avoid players breaking the metamagic system for persisted spells and instead offer longer lasting spells or ones with multiple uses like Snilloc's Snowball or Storm Touch. After having yet another such a conversation in chat one day he "created" those.
|Heritage: As part of the process to learning how to summon the incarnate needed to forge a mail the Pilot discovers any magical heritage in their blood from decades of interbreeding and criss-crossed ancestry. However the dominant trait isn't a reflection of genetics but of spiritual choice. Consult the table to the right to discover your heritage (true neutral characters may choose any one). It influences part of the Ragna-Mail's visual design (such as appearing brightly colored for celestials or scale-patterns for dragons), and it can provides a +2 racial bonus to a skill or other bonuses, such as wings (30ft good), depending on your level.|
The Aura Manaketes are living proof of the dangers of trying to mix magic with technology too much. Originally normal humanoids, they saw their population swiftly die during an escalating war where both sides kept using greater combinations of science and spells that contaminated the environment to a point where not even the deepest bunkers nor alternate dimensions provided a safe haven. The Aura Manaketes were the only survivors from their population due to changing their very genetic codes and souls to allow them to change into the form of giant beasts that could consume and purify the contamination they had created, but it was still a pretty close call and left them locked into beings that cannot be easily satisfied, plus hunted down by many other civilizations that want to research their exotic bodies.
Aura Arcana[Aura Manakete][Racial][Pilot]
Prerequisites: Aura Monster racial feature.
Benefit: Pick a sorceror spell with no expensive exp/gold components of a level no higher than ï¿½ PL, or in alternative two sorceror spells of one level lower than that or four spells each 4 levels lower and so on (0th level spells count as one level lower). You can now use it as a SLA 3/day, any DCs are Cha-based and channel it through any mecha you pilot. Each time you level up you may change those choices.
Special: You may pick this feat multiple times, each time choosing new spells or picking old ones for extra uses.
Now I had been talking about Cross Ange on Discord prior to the release as I do some reviews through PMs but he posted the initial outline of his race the day after I released Ragna-Mail Pilot. By October it gained SLAs. >.>
The emotional discipline is all about harnessing, indulging, and using your emotions. Users of this discipline forge a "mood ring" that supernaturally glows various lights based on it's wearer's moods that helps them focus their abilities (through the ring does not use up a magical ring slot). Most of the maneuvers are boosts or counters rather than strikes and stances that primarily affect the user and are an excellent method of proving temporary increases.
15/9/2018-Divided spirits in tiers I, II and III, pilots must first now learn three from I, then two from II and the last one will be from III. Attunne and Guard costï¿½s changed to 30. Continuous attack can now only trigger from single-target attacks and gives back the action spent for the attack up to a fullround. Added Cerulean Circuit super upgrade. Attacker, Guardianand Predict feats no longer auto-scale, but bonus per round increases with extra takes.
Is my Emotional Discipline Oslecamo's Spirits? Well, my expression of a powerful emotion system, themed from Rondo which has emotional responding mechs, was to use level based collection of supernatural maneuvers boosts and counters that provide non-stacking luck bonuses, it can reverse conditions, and alter circumstances such as offering penalties and bonuses at the same time. Oslecamo's expression of emotions includes name allusions to stuff like fate, destiny, & weather. It is an extraordinary point-based system that provides multiple stacking untyped bonuses as a free action limited to your turn exclusively and it had no coherent level assembly to it until I released my Maneuvers and he started plagiarizing the concept. I'd like to think we mechanically portrayed the same things in extremely different ways.
Heart Hybrid Gear: At the 1st level the Magitech Knight can summon or dismiss a powered exoskeleton simply referred to as a mecha by calling out it's name (determined by the player) as a swift action. ... and a number of hit points equal to the Magitech Knight's constitution modifier times five,
|1||5||Andesine: Invigorated Mesh||Add your charisma score to your mech's hit points.|
Mashin Mecha: However so deep is the connection between Mashin Mecha and pilot that half any damage the Mashin Mecha takes is inflicted to the pilot as well, ... The Mashin Mecha can be called forth as a fullround action to any adjacent space big enough to contain it and may beam in the Magic Knight inside the cockpit right away. The Mashin Mecha may be dismissed as another fullround action, laying in wait between the planes. ... She can add her Cha mod to HP per Magic Knight level (on top of normal Con mod)
Magically summoning your mech armor and dismissing it is as old as Power Rangers but he released the Magic Knight (notice the increase in image usage?) and rehualed his Spirits after Ragna-Mail Pilot came out and you can see bits of my influence in it.
The full content of this thread it's self is a little WIP, I plan to make four classes (caster, martial adept, skilled solider, and brute) and one PrC (pilot) that incorporates modified Modern/Dragonstar content as well as some customs to better address mecha-media.
*** Azi Dahaka gets steal SLA/Maneuver.
"Fortifications take a full ten minutes to set up using a combination of Magtitech-powered extradimensional storage and mass-defying collapsible sections and they designed to create secure mobile bases."
|1||5||Camouflage Cover||-20 spot/scan to locate||1 fortification|
|2||6||False Unit Emitter||projects hd images of knights||1 5x5 structure|
|2||6||Active Camo Projectors||-20 spot/scan to locate||1 40x40 area|
Stealth Knight-Specialized in both stealthing around and protecting others and hitting hard even while remaining hard to find even when on a mecha.
Mecha Thief-Can temporally steal weapons/accessories/spirits/maneuvers, find secret passages even if there weren't supposed to be any.
A rogue-archetype Class stealing Maneuvers and emotional powers with his own extra dimensional spaces just has too many unique things in it to be luck of the draw.
* However it drains 2hp per round and you are exposed to the dangers of your enemy's attacks.
* a d4 which is rolled and added to any attack or damage roll made while transformed.
* By expending half their hit dice in hit points as a free action as part of an attack they can add their charisma bonus to an attack roll and their Quixotic Slayer level to a damage roll for a single attack. Half of this bonus damage is dealt as corruption damage and the damage gains their alignment descriptor allowing them to bypass some forms of damage reduction.
* Also whenever you'd make a save against an effect that would kill you outright, if you are augmented you can add your augmented die to the roll.
* by expending 20hp you can cause one target to take the value of his fortitude, reflex, and will save modifiers as damage (min 0).
* Divine Guidance: These upgrades grant a special attack. You make only benefit from one such upgrade per round no matter how many you have. If they add your augment to something, the initial attack must be successful. All benefits, unused or not, end at the start of your next turn.
* 5 5 True Grace Special Attack, add your augment to all adjacent allies saves & resistance.
* To gain Engineering Jobs is a matter of hard intensive work that takes its toll in oneï¿½s body and mind, so the pilot must sacrifice either 5 from their max HP or 5 skill points.Sacrifice HP for bonuses to damage. Apply your X modifier to defense or damage. And as a special attack once per round apply your X bonus to an ally.
* When Ultimate Engineering refers to a slot stat, it means a choice between DR, damage rolls, Dodge bonus to AC or resistance to all of Fire/Acid/Cold/Electricity/Sonic. The choice of slot stat must be made when the slot is created and can be changed when the slot would be changed.
* Platingslayer MK III-Weapon gains the power property and can convert all the damage to fire. Costs 3 engineering jobs.
* Basic Advanced Retro Rotating Impulse Electronic Rapid Blade-Melee weapon only. Grants +4 to resistance against Fire/Electricity/cold/sonic/electricity when itï¿½s not your turn and all damage may be converted to fire. Costs 3 engineering points.
* Impulse Iceberg(2)-One attack from you deals extra damage equal to 50% of mechaï¿½s highest resistance to fire/acid/cold/electricity/sonic. Costs two engineering jobs.
* Impulse Ignis(3)-One attack from you deals extra damage equal to mechaï¿½s DR. . Costs two engineering jobs.
* Retro Retribution(2)-One attack from you deals extra damage equal to 1/3 your lost HP.
* All of the below may be used as a standard action and only on willing adjacent targets unless noted otherwise.
* Reinforcing Engine-The target gains +4 to a slot stat of their choice for 1 round. May be taken up to two times, the second either granting +3 to two different slot stats instead or granting the benefit to all allies other than yourself whitin 15 mu of the target.