VENANDI "A Lion runs the fastest when he is hungry."
Venandi are tall, thickly built humanoids with leonine feet, ears and tails. Their hair extends into something like a traditional Lion's mane, even in females. Their fingers have retractile claws.VENANDI RACIAL TRAITS
· +2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Con, -2 Int, -2 Cha
· Size Class: Medium
· Base speed 40 ft.
· +3 Natural AC Bonus
· Low-light Vision
· Pounce (Ex): When a Venandi makes a charge, it can follow with a full attack—including rake attacks.
· Rake (Ex): A creature with this special attack gains extra natural attacks when it grapples its foe. Normally, a monster can attack with only one of its natural weapons while grappling, but a monster with the rake ability usually gains two additional claw attacks that it can use only against a grappled foe. Rake attacks are not subject to the usual -4 penalty for attacking with a natural weapon in a grapple. A monster with the rake ability must begin its turn grappling to use its rake—it can’t begin a grapple and rake in the same turn. The Claws do 1d6 plus Str Modifier.
· Scent (Ex): Identical to the ability listed in the MM.
· Powerful Build (Ex):
Whenever a Venandi is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the Venandi is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him.
A Venandi is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A Venandi can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.
· Venandi have a Primary Claw attack doing 1d4 plus Strength Bonus, with two Claws on a Full Attack.
· Venandi have a +2 Racial Bonus on Balance, Hide and Move Silently Checks. They also gain Track as a Bonus Feat.
· Venandi automatically speak Venandi. Bonus languages include any nearby race.
· Level Adjustment: +1
· Favored Class: Barbarian or Scout.STARTING AGE Adulthood
: 30 Barbarian, Rogue, Sorcerer
: +1d6 Bard, Fighter, Paladin, Ranger
: +2d6 Cleric, Druid, Monk, Wizard
: +4d6AGING EFFECTS Middle Age
: 60 Old
: 80 Venerable
: 120 Maximum Age
: +2d20 yearsHEIGHT AND WEIGHT Base Height
: Male: 6'4" Female: 6'1" Height Modifier
: +2d12" Base Weight
: Male: 220 lbs. Female: 180 lbs. Weight Modifier
: x(2d6) lbs.VENANDI CHARACTERS
Quick generalization of what this race is good for as far as characters go.. Adventuring Race
: Why members of this class go on adventures. Character Development
: Give suggestions for making a character with this race. Character Names
: Give examples of names by gender or other arrangement.ROLEPLAYING A VENANDI
Quick generalization about playing a member of this race. Personality
: Give general stereotype of the personality of a member of this race and some roleplaying applications. Behaviors
: Typical behaviors for a member of this race.. Language
:Notes on this races language..VENANDI SOCIETY
The Venandi are nomadic hunter-gatherers who are always on the move. They tend to follow herds of prey and never stay anywhere for long. Alignment
: Most Venandi are Neutral as they keep to themselves. Being a pack society they have many who are Lawful as well. Lands
: The bulk of Venandi live in warm grasslands. Settlements
: Venandi travel a lot, and many will go anywhere their prey goes. Beliefs
: The Venandi tend to worship nature deities, particularly hunting and community leaning gods. Relations
: Venandi treat all other races as individuals, but insist they must all be able to keep up and fend for themselves.VENANDI ADVENTURES
Give at least three examples of an adventure for or involving a member of this race