Weapon and Armor Proficiency:
A Knight is proficient with all simple and martial weapons, all armors, all shields, and one exotic weapon (chosen at first level).Knighthood:
A Knight must not accept undue assistance from allies, even in combat. A Knight must refuse bonuses from Aid Another actions in combat. A Knight must refrain from the use of poisons of any kind. A Knight may not voluntarily change shape, whether he is impersonating a specific creature or not. A Knight may not steal. A Knight may not attack a foe during any surprise round in combat. Beginning at 3rd level a Knight gains a +2 circumstance bonus on all Charisma based skill checks. This bonus increases by +2 at level 7 and every additional 4 levels thereafter. The Knight also gains half this bonus to his leadership score (+1 at 3rd level and every 4 levels thereafter). If a Knight ever violates the code of Knighthood by performing one of the above actions, he loses all uses of his Knight Challenge ability for the encounter(s) in which he violates the oath and loses these skill and leadership bonuses for the duration of the transgression and 24 hours thereafter.Knight's Challenge:
A Knight can issue a challenge at foes during combat. The Knight begins play with 1 use of his Knight's Challenge per encounter and gains additional uses as indicated on the above table, until 9th level when the Knight gains the ability to use his Knight's Challenges at will. Using a Knight's Challenge is a swift action unless otherwise indicated and lasts 3+Cha modifier rounds (or until the foe drops unconscious) unless otherwise indicated. A Knight must have line of sight to a foe in order to issue a Knight's Challenge. The foe must have a challenge rating of at least one half of the Knight's character level (rounded up) in order for the Knight's Challenge to be effective. A Knight's Challenge is effective against any foe with an Intelligence score. Uses of the Knight's Challenge are indicated below.
Knight's Path (Ex):
- Knightly Proclamation (Ex): A Proclamation may be used against only one foe at a time. A Knight gains a +1 bonus on saving throws against the target of the Knight's Knightly Proclamation. This bonus increases to +2 at Knight level 8 and every 4 levels thereafter to a maximum of +5 at level 20.
- Fighting Challenge (Ex): This challenge may be issued against only one foe at a time. All attacks made against the target of the Knight's Fighting Challenge are smite attacks. They get + Cha to attack and + Knight level to damage.
- Bonds of Loyalty (Su): The Knight may use his Knight's Challenge to grant a single ally within 100' his Loyalty of the level indicated on the table. Thus at level 5, he may share his Loyalty (fear) aura only. This ability lasts for 1 round.
- Test of Mettle (Ex): All enemies within 100' of the Knight with LoS to the Knight must make a will save (DC 10 + Knight level + Cha) or be forced to attack the Knight over all others. All attacks/spells must be targeted at the Knight or centered on the Knight. For the purpose of this ability, any action that would end an invisibility spell is considered an attack.
- Call to Battle (Ex): The Knight grants an ally a second save against an ongoing effect (such as fear, petrification, domination, etc).
Beginning at second level, the Knight begins to follow the true path of the warrior. Studying the arts of shielded combat and mounted combat yields many results to the Knight over the course of his career.
- At second level, a Knight learns certain fundamentals needed to master both shield and horse. He gains Improved Shield Bash and Mounted Combat as bonus feats.
- At 5th level, a Knight's studies yield many results. The Knight gains the service of a special Knight Mount (see below) along with the benefits of the Mounted Mobility and Shield Ward feats.
- Upon reaching 8th level, while a Knight fights with a weapon in one hand and a shield in the other, he may make as many off-hand attacks with the shield as with his primary weapon, using the same attack bonus. This ability effectively functions as the two-weapon fighting feat tree, appropriate to the Knight's Base attack bonus. While using a full attack to make additional off-hand attacks with his shield, a Knight takes only a -2 penalty on all attacks that round, regardless of if the shield is light or heavy. Additionally, the Knight's mount gains a 20' circumstance bonus to its move speed.
- When a Knight reaches level 11, his training reaches a pinnacle. He now adds his shield bonus to his Reflex saves, and his shield bash damage increases by 1 step. A Knight's Mount becomes immune to fatigue, and the Knight establishes a Mind Link with his mount. (The Mind Link is a supernatural ability).
- At level 14, A Knight gains DR/- while he weilds a shield. The DR gained is equal to the bonus provided to his Armor Class by his shield, including and enhancement bonus to the shield. This DR stacks with DR from other sources. At level 17 and 20, the DR increases by +2.
- At 17th level, the Knight has mastered all manner of mounted combat. As long as his mount does not exceed its speed, he may take a full attack action at any point(s) during the mount's move. This ability is similar in effect to the Spring Attack feat tree, but functions only while mounted. Furthermore, a Knight no longer provokes Attacks of Opportunities for movement while mounted, except to a Knight of higher level.
A Knight is so loyal to his cause (whether it be a purpose, lord, or law) that it alters his very being. He gains immunity to fear at level 3. At level 7, the Knight gains immunity to charm effects. At level 11, the immunity extends to all compulsion based effects. Finally, at 15th level, the Knight is so loyal that he is immune to any mind-affecting effect. The Knight may willingly choose to be affected by a mind-affecting ability/effect at the time it is used on him, although once that choice is made, it cannot be altered (thus he may be affected by the morale bonuses of a bard, for example).Armor Mastery (Ex):
A Knight's movement speed is no longer hindered by any armor he wears. Furthermore, a Knight reduces the ACP on Balance, Climb, Jump, and Swim by his Strength modifier (maximum reduction = Knight level).Bulwark of Defense (Ex):
As long as he is conscious, any movement through a Knight's threatened area provokes an Attack of Opportunity including withdrawing and 5-foot steps. When this ability interacts with the Knight's Path (Mounted Master) ability, the ability belonging to the highest level Knight takes precedence.Guardian of the Weak (Ex):
A Knight may, once per round, after an adjacent ally has been struck, but before damage is rolled, choose to absorb 1/2 of the damage that would be dealt to the ally (rounded up).Impetuous Endurance (Ex):
A Knight's fighting spirit enables him to push his body beyond the normal limits of endurance. He no longer automatically fails a saving throw on a roll of 1.Defender of the Weak (Ex):
All allies in a Knight's threaten range gain the benefits of cover (+4 AC, +2 reflex saves)Daunting Prescence (Ex):
A Knight gains Frightful Presence (as a true dragon's ability). This is not a fear effect. This is not a mind-affecting effect. A Knight is immune to the Daunting Presence of another Knight of his Knight level or lower.Impetuous Combatant (Ex):
A Knight's fighting spirit enables him to push his body beyond the normal limits of combat prowess. He no longer automatically fails an attack roll on a roll of 1.Protector of the Weak (Ex):
A Knight may, once per round, after an adjacent ally has been struck, but before damage is rolled, choose to absorb the damage that would be dealt to the ally. This is in addition to the Guardian of the Weak's ability.Loyal Beyond Death (Su):
Once per encounter, when an effect would reduce the Knight to 0 Hit points or below, he may continue to function. His loyalty to the cause, even beyond death keeps him fighting this battle. This ability is similar to Deathless Frenzy, except the Knight is in complete control, unlike in a frenzy. This ability occurs automatically and lasts for 3 + Cha rounds, after which, if a Knight has not been healed, he may still die.Savior of the Weak (Su):
As a free action, during his round, a Knight may designate any number of allies in his threaten range as targets of this ability. The Knight automatically absorbs 1/2 of the damage dealt to any of the targets, so long as they remain within his threaten range. This effect is similar to a Shield Other spell, except the damage remains the same as with the initial attack. (For instance, if it was a fire spell, it will be fire damage and the Knight's resistances, if any will apply. If it came from a weapon, the Knight's DR will apply)Knight Lord (Ex):
A Knight's fame and force of personality are so strong, they even influence his combat prowess. A Knight adds his Charisma modifier as an insight bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls and his Armor Class.Master of the Knight's Path (Ex):
A Knight has mastered shield combat and mounted combat. He may use his Knight's Path (Mounted Master) ability in combination with a charge, assuming his targets are all in a straight line (or all his attacks are against a single foe). This allows effects like Spirited Charge to function with the ability. Furthermore, a Knight blocks LoE from any foe outside his threat range to any ally within his threat range as long as he weilds a shield. This LoE block works to hinder foes only. An ally does not have LoE blocked for its abilities.Legendary Knight (Su):
Legendary Knights fight entire armies by themselves. A Legendary Knight walks into battle tired and beaten, but leaves refreshed and reborn, after defeating worthy foes. When in combat with a foe whose CR is equal to 1/2 the Knight's level (rounded down) or greater, a Legendary Knight gains certain abilities. He gains Fast Healing equal to his Charisma Modifier. He also becomes immune to death effects, necromancy spells, and ability damage and drain. Furthermore, he may automatically resist combat maneuvers made against him if he so desires (gapples, bull rushes, trips, etc).