This will be an E6 Pathfinder/3.5 game (using pathfinder sheets and leveling), with the following rules:Allowed Content
- Most 3E/3.5/Pathfinder content, just run anything particularly cheesy by me first.
- My homebrew
- Oslecamo's Monster Classes
Your race and class determine your setting-specific content availability during character creation, but not during play. This is mostly to prevent excessive cherrypicking of stuff from Kalamar or Dragonlance, but those things ARE available in-universe. If your race or class is from a non-eberron setting, you are assumed to have dropped in during a time when your home plane was coterminous with Eberron, and are therefore a stranger in a strange land. This can be good or bad for you, depending on the situation. Non-Eberron characters may have a little bit harder of a time with knowledge checks for example.
- Too many bodies. Having a cohort or similar is fine, fielding a platoon and having to resolve 5+ extra attacks/moves/etc every turn isn't. If you want to play at group of characters (via collective or similar) you will need to limit their collective efforts in some way to streamline things.
- Long-Range teleportation: Part of E6's challenge comes from a lack of certain D&D staples. Distances still matter here.
- Traditional extradimensional storage: The Handy Haversack and similar items are effectively artifacts in E6, as they aren't craftable by E6 rules. They are however JUST out of reach of artificers, so there is active research on the concept.
- Painless Resurrection: Rez still exists in the form of expensive ritual casting, but it's not easy or cheap.Prestige Class Requirements
As long as a character has maximum ranks in a skill, they may ignore the skill for the purpose of meeting prestige class requirements.
As long as a character has maximum BAB for their level, they may ignore BAB for the purpose of meeting prestige class requirements.
As long as a character has full casting for their level, they may ignore spell level for the purpose of meeting prestige class requirements.Taint
- Taint isn't explicitly Evil, but it IS "wrong". Things that can't be explained by a simple spell effect or creatures that shouldn't exist are almost always Tainted. The primary church in Eberron has a sect dedicated to containing tainted objects/creatures, and the Silver Flame will purge anything that detects as Tainted on sight.
- Taint resistant items such as Jade are binary. Possessing multiple tainted objects will not accelerate the effects of taint, and possessing multiple taint-blocking items will not protect you for a longer period.
- 2x strength Protection From Evil effects (like those of good outsiders) block the passive effects of Taint of being near taint, but not the effects of possessing a tainted object.
- Aberrations and Undead always detect as tainted, but gain no benefit or penalty from taint.Magic
- Metamagic can be used by consuming additional levels of spell slots (from the same class) equal to the level of the metamagic adjustment +1, instead of raising the slot level.
- Due to being a 3.5/PF hybrid game, 3.5 classes DO have 0-level spell slots for their 3.5 cantrips, but can't learn Pathfinder Cantrips. The opposite is true for Pathfinder classes.Combat:
Add BAB to initiative.The Hook:
- You are either a monster, or someone opposed to the monsters being captured or killed by the continent-spanning religious organization dedicated to containing them at all costs. Will you run and hide, seek conflict, or try to release the rest of the other monsters from containment?
Character Creation Basics:
- 32 point 3.5 point buy (Because of compatibility issues with the E6 LA reduction mechanic)
- Pathfinder base (CMB/CMD, Feats at 1,3,5, perception instead of listen/spot, etc)
- Compatibility fix: Treat the +3 class skill bonus as skill ranks when dealing with 3.5 content (since it expects HD+3 as the skill cap).
- XP Tracking: Don't bother. If you have an ability that requires XP expenditure, it is assumed that you are instead expending a magical reagent worth 5gp/1xp in the cost.