Author Topic: Fear the Witch  (Read 6753 times)

Offline dna1

  • PbP Game Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 1229
  • Sage of Herbology
    • View Profile
Re: Fear the Witch
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2011, 02:33:05 AM »
SMITE nods in acknowledgment to Quint as she rises. Then turns back to the Priest. " Thank you sir, something along the lines of a Vox Legi-Pattern combat shotgun should do fine :devil. Although Im sure your resources are strained,... those of us from the House,.. always remember where our friends are. "(fellowship (1d100=1) = 5 DoS.) She says respectfully in a smooth and quiet tone.  While eyeing the inquisitor priest with a mischievous grin

((THE DARKSIDE DICE HAVE SENT ME THERE MOJO VIA THE NET~!!!! Seriously thats awesome :P you can check roll history to its my first attempt. This also confirms my immortal essence has transferred to da interwebz  :lol
Question, not sure if my peer academics or nobility would count for this guy... but if they do thats another DoS.
Basically Smite is trying to use her scary Nobility status being from the House of Iron Spires to help get her a big gun of epic badassery ))
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 03:00:24 AM by dna1 »
Roses are Red. Gaming is fun. You're over encumbered and cannot Run.

Offline Calchexxis

  • Honorary Mod
  • *****
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
Re: Fear the Witch
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2011, 01:45:21 PM »
@dna1 & Nanshork

The priest scratches his chin for a moment while looking around, "I may have something... I was saving it for my personal use but I could always use a favor down the line if you get my meaning." Sigmus disappears into the back before emerging with a well-cared-for example of the weapon you requested. "Take good care of her, she's an old bitch but she's never let me down." He passes you 2 clips of ammunition to go with it.

(click to show/hide)

Offline einherjar

  • Lurker
  • *
  • Posts: 26
    • View Profile
Re: Fear the Witch
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2011, 05:13:54 PM »
Ok, sorry I haven't updated in a few days, I've been Christmassing...freakin' relatives. :banghead Anyway, here goes.

I'll bow to Artisan Lokas, and make the sign of the cog.

+THEN I MUST GO+ +I HOPE TO INTERFACE WITH YOU AGAIN IN THE FUTURE+

After that I'll take my leave and go to meet the rest of the team.
Till we meet again in Valhalla...

Offline dna1

  • PbP Game Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 1229
  • Sage of Herbology
    • View Profile
Re: Fear the Witch
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2011, 04:32:58 AM »
S M I T E  graciously takes 'the old bitch'((totally awesome name for my new~old shotty)) with a wide smile on her face. She carefully examines the fine details on it for a moment before regarding the inquisitor priest once more. " The House will always back those that are faithful servants of the Emperor. You're gesture of faith will not be forgotten. " Smite looks back and forth between the two for a moment before speaking to Quint again.
" Well Im ready when you are. First I would like to go down to alpha-12 and take a look around,... More than likely we can find some good leads down there. Then after we meet our gearhead he can check out the logs regarding the ship. " Smite turns back to the priest " You say no one in the main office is claiming responsibility for sending the order,....  If I cant find anything useful down on the outer-ring then I may need to interr.. Ehrm. Question some of them as well."
She begins to gather her things and says to Quint " Good to go? "

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 04:37:15 AM by dna1 »
Roses are Red. Gaming is fun. You're over encumbered and cannot Run.

Offline Nanshork

  • Homebrew Reviewer
  • Epic Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 11209
    • View Profile
Re: Fear the Witch
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2011, 02:07:49 PM »
Quint nods.  "That plan sounds good to me.  Lead the way."

Offline Calchexxis

  • Honorary Mod
  • *****
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
Re: Fear the Witch
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2011, 12:24:21 AM »
@All

Quint and Smite arrive at the eastern section to find the red-robed tech-priest they traveled with on the transport awaiting them, the air in this section of the Outer Ring is stale, most likely from ill-maintained recycling systems, this area doesn't look as though the mechanicus has sent an enginseer or even a lay-priest in some time.

A message breaks in over the comm-bead the three of you were issued upon receiving the assignment, the channel is a secure inquisitorial channel:

This is Inquisitor Korvan, I see you've arrived at Alpha-12, good. Be careful there, I've received word from Artisan Lokas down in the Refinery that the Mechanicus rarely enter Alpha- 11-13 because it's held as 'holy ground' by the Binary Collective, a fraternity of the Cult Mechanicus here on Waymeet that is taciturn to even their own kind outside their brotherhood, and outright hostile to anyone not 'sanctioned' by their fraternity to enter the area. I believe this is why no one questioned the deaths of the work crew, seems like most simply assumed they'd crossed the Collective. At any rate the Collective is apparently quite dangerous if provoked. I'm told the Mechanicus has no up-to-date maps of the 11-13 sections due to the influence of this splinter faction, you'll have to find a main hub if your going to get data any more recent than a century ago.

Offline einherjar

  • Lurker
  • *
  • Posts: 26
    • View Profile
Re: Fear the Witch
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2012, 05:22:03 PM »
I turn to my fellow acolytes.

+GREETINGS+ +I AM ENGINSEER DARIUS+ +LET US EXERCISE OUR DIRECTIVE+

Which lore do I use to know more about the Binary Collective, and do I know where to find the data ports to access the surveillance cogitator matrices for this section? If this Collective is based here, then they ought to keep them in good repair. Hopefully I can worm my way into their data vault.
Till we meet again in Valhalla...

Offline dna1

  • PbP Game Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 1229
  • Sage of Herbology
    • View Profile
Re: Fear the Witch
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2012, 10:34:51 PM »
S M I T E will approach Darius and hail him " Greetings 'cogboy'. Have you managed to find any pertinent information yet? "
Roses are Red. Gaming is fun. You're over encumbered and cannot Run.

Offline Nanshork

  • Homebrew Reviewer
  • Epic Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 11209
    • View Profile
Re: Fear the Witch
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2012, 11:30:45 PM »
Quint nods in greeting to Darius.  "Agreed, let's head out.  Please try to keep this as low-key as possible you two, I'd rather not get shot at unless I absolutely have to."

Offline einherjar

  • Lurker
  • *
  • Posts: 26
    • View Profile
Re: Fear the Witch
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2012, 03:18:36 PM »
I turn to Smite.

+I WAS CALLED TO ASSIST YOU BEFORE I WAS ABLE TO STREAM THE DATA VAULTS+ +ALL I HAVE ACQUIRED ARE MORE RECENT AND ACCURATE SCHEMATICS OF THE AREA+ +IF YOU DESIRE ACCESS I CAN DOWNLOAD THEM TO YOUR DATASLATES+
Till we meet again in Valhalla...

Offline dna1

  • PbP Game Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 1229
  • Sage of Herbology
    • View Profile
Re: Fear the Witch
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2012, 01:23:01 AM »
" No that's not necessary,.. lets just find a data port so we can get a more accurate map. From there we should move down to the areas surrounding this 'Collective' and see what we can find out. "
Roses are Red. Gaming is fun. You're over encumbered and cannot Run.

Offline einherjar

  • Lurker
  • *
  • Posts: 26
    • View Profile
Re: Fear the Witch
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2012, 07:20:24 PM »
+INADVISABLE+ +I HAVE FOUND THE STATION'S DATAPORTS TO BE OUT OF DATE AND IN DISREPAIR+ +THE SCHEMATICS PROVIDED BY THE OMNISSIANIC REFINERY ARE MORE RECENT+
Till we meet again in Valhalla...

Offline dna1

  • PbP Game Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 1229
  • Sage of Herbology
    • View Profile
Re: Fear the Witch
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2012, 05:47:50 AM »
S M I T E   gestures for the cogboy to lead the way " Very well then,.... "
Roses are Red. Gaming is fun. You're over encumbered and cannot Run.

Offline Calchexxis

  • Honorary Mod
  • *****
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
Re: Fear the Witch
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2012, 05:50:30 PM »
@all

The section of the dock you've entered is extremely decrepit although as near as you can tell all the vital systems are still functioning. The primary hub will be in the dock section. Your schematics show where the primary hub is, whatever changes might have been made over the years it's highly unlikely that the location of the hub would've changed.

Darius:
(click to show/hide)

Offline einherjar

  • Lurker
  • *
  • Posts: 26
    • View Profile
Re: Fear the Witch
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2012, 12:24:09 PM »
Common lore: tech - modified score 37 - 1d100=85

I know nothing! NOTHING!!!
Till we meet again in Valhalla...

Offline Calchexxis

  • Honorary Mod
  • *****
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
Re: Fear the Witch
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2012, 03:01:55 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline dna1

  • PbP Game Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 1229
  • Sage of Herbology
    • View Profile
Re: Fear the Witch
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2012, 03:50:38 AM »
S M I T E  after waiting a moment or two for the TechPriest to figure out whats going on, will get impatient and start to march off towards Alpha-12.
((To the outer-ring specifically. She will try not to get into that dangerous territory yet, but will if its not possible. Also she will gear up, wearing most of her armor and what not. pretty much everything except the helmet, though she has a large cloak on to disguise her self))
Roses are Red. Gaming is fun. You're over encumbered and cannot Run.