Author Topic: [3.5] Martial Techniques from Blazblue  (Read 33592 times)

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
[3.5] Martial Techniques from Blazblue
« on: November 20, 2011, 06:12:45 PM »
Porting this thread here.

Index

Soul Eater (Ragna the Bloodedge)

Feats: Grim Reaper, Rebellion
Associated Skill: Intimidate
Preferred Weapons: Falchion, Greataxe, Greatclub, Greatsword, Scythe

(click to show/hide)

Frost Bite (Jin Kisaragi)

Feats: ?, Lust Sin
Associated Skill: ?
Preferred Weapons: Elven courtblade, Elven thinblade, Longsword, Rapier, Scimitar

(click to show/hide)

Chain Revolver (Noel Vermillion)

Feats: Opportunistic Shot, Bullet Dance
Associated Skill: Tumble
Preferred Weapons: All crossbows

(click to show/hide)

Burning Heart (Bang Shishigami)

Feats: Burning Will, Gale
Preferred Weapons: Dire pick, Heavy pick, Shuriken, Unarmed strike, ?
Prestige Class: Ikaruga Disciple

(click to show/hide)

Mantenbo (Litchi Faye-Ling)

Feats: Reversed Pung, Oriental Flower
Associated Skill: Concentration
Preferred Weapons: Unarmed strike, quarterstaff, longstaff

(click to show/hide)

God Slash (Hakumen)

Feats: Opportune Cut, Susanooh
Associated Skill: Sense Motive
Preferred Weapons: Bastard sword, Falchion, Greatsword, Longsword, Scimitar

(click to show/hide)

Voltic Battler (Tager)

Feats: ?, Motor Head
Associated Skill: Knowledge (science)
Preferred Weapons: Unarmed strike, Slam, Gauntlet

(click to show/hide)

Silpheed (Rachel Alucard)

Feats: Silpheed Summoner, Queen of Rose
Associated Skill: Diplomacy
Preferred Weapons: ?

(click to show/hide)

Ouroboros (Hazama)

Feats: ?, Gluttony Fang
Associated Skill: Bluff
Preferred Weapons: Dagger, Katar, Kukri, Kusari-gama, ?

(click to show/hide)

Sword Summoner (Nu-13, Lambda-11)

Feats: ?, Awakening the Chaos
Associated Skill: Knowledge (the planes)
Preferred Weapons: All swords

(click to show/hide)

Crimson (Arakune)

Feats: Mad Reflexes, Thin Red Line
Associated Skill: Knowledge (arcana)
Preferred Weapons: All natural weapons

(click to show/hide)

Dancing Edge (Taokaka)

Feats: ?, Catus Carnival
Associated Skill: Jump
Preferred Weapons: Claws, ?

(click to show/hide)

Automaton (Carl Clover)

Feats: ?, Marionette Purple
Associated Skill: Knowledge (architecture and engineering)

(click to show/hide)

Install (Tsubaki Yayoi)

Feats: Blind Justice, Condemnation Wings
Associated Skill: Spot

(click to show/hide)

Impact (Makoto Nanaya)

Feats: ?, Alexandrite

(click to show/hide)

Steingunner (Mu-12)

Feats: ?, Sword of Doom
Associated Skill: Knowledge (religion)

(click to show/hide)

Wehrwolf (Valkenhayn R. Hellsing)

Feats: ?, Howling Moon
Associated Skill: Control Shape
Preferred Weapons: All natural weapons

(click to show/hide)

Magical Symphony (Platinum the Trinity)

Feats: ?, Active Angel
Associated Skill: Perform
Preferred Weapons: Greatclub, Greathammer, Quarterstaff, Lucerne hammer, ?

(click to show/hide)

Detonator (Relius Clover)

Feats: ?, Plastic Knight

Spiral (Amane Nishiki)

Feats: ?, Bushin (The God of Dancing)
Associated Skill: Perform

Lockon (Bullet)

Feats: ?, Spirit of Fire
Preferred Weapons: Gauntlet, unarmed strike, ?

The Terror (Azrael)

Feats: ?, The Tyrant
Preferred Weapons: Unarmed strike, ?

Scarlet Justice (Izayoi)

Feats: ?, Justice Sword
Associated Skill: Spot?

Black Gale (Kagura Mutsuki)

Feats: ?, Black Aggression
Preferred Weapons: Bastard Sword, Great Sword, ?

Force Eater (Yuuki Terumi)

Feats: ?, Endless Despair
Associated Skill: Bluff?
Preferred Weapons: Dagger, ?

Graviton (Kokonoe)

Feats: ?, Science Fiction
Associated Skill: Knowledge (Science)
Preferred Weapons: claw, gauntlet, ?

New Descriptor: Aerial

This descriptor is used on maneuvers where the initiator must be airborne or used a move action to jump before initiating such maneuver.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 10:34:34 PM by Risada »

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
Re: Martial Techniques from Blazblue
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 06:13:25 PM »
Soul Eater

"I'll show you there's no Hell; only darkness!" - Ragna "the Bloodedge", Soul Eater master

Feats: Grim Reaper, Rebellion
Preferred Weapons: Falchion, Greataxe, Greatclub, Greatsword, Scythe

Feat Descriptions
(click to show/hide)

Level 1
(click to show/hide)

Level 2
(click to show/hide)

Level 3
(click to show/hide)

Level 4
(click to show/hide)

Level 5
(click to show/hide)

Level 6
(click to show/hide)

Level 7
(click to show/hide)

Level 8
(click to show/hide)

Level 9
(click to show/hide)

New Legacy Weapon: Bloodscythe

Nonlegacy statistics: +1 greatsword

Penalties from Table 4-2 (save penalty on Reflex)

5: +1 on intimidate checks (Competence), Fang of the Black Beast
6: +2 on intimidate checks (Competence)
7: +3 on intimidate checks (Competence), +1 Soul Eater greatsword
8: +4 on intimidate checks (Competence), Sanguine Feast
9: +5 on intimidate checks (Competence)
10: Relentless Assault
11: +1 Soul EaterToB Stunning SurgeMIC greatsword
12: Hungry Beast
13: +1 Strength, +1 Constitution (Enhancement)
14: +2 Strength, +2 Constitution (Enhancement)
15: +3 Strength, +3 Constitution (Enhancement)
16: +4 Strength, +4 Constitution (Enhancement)
17: Ravenous Beast
18: +2 Keen Soul EaterToB Stunning SurgeMIC greatsword
19:
20: Void Soul

Fang of the Black Beast (Su): The Bloodscythe can change between greatsword form and scythe form as a swift action, gaining the respective weapon's stats. The weapon's abilities are active on both forms normally, except that Sanguine Feast heals an additional 4 hit points instead (see below) while in Scythe form.

Sanguine Feast (Su): whenever you use a Soul Eater maneuver that heals hit points, increase the amount of hit points healed by 2.

Relentless Assault: grants the stance with the same name. If you already know this stance, the bonus granted by it is increased by 1.

Hungry Beast (Su): all hit points healed by a Soul Eater maneuver that exceed your maximum hit points becomes temporary hit points that last for 1 minute. The total of temporary hit points granted by this ability can't exceed your character level.

Ravenous Beast (Su): all hit points healed by a Soul Eater maneuver that exceed your maximum hit points becomes temporary hit points that last for 1 minute. The total of temporary hit points granted by this ability can't exceed twice your character level.

Void Soul (Su): You are continuously under the effects of a mind blank spell.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 12:13:30 PM by Risada »

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 06:54:45 PM »
God Slash

"I am the White Void, I am the Cold Steel, I am the Just Sword. With blade in hand I will reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the Fires of Destruction! I am Hakumen. The end has come!" - Hakumen, God Slash master

Feats: Opportune Cut, Susanooh
Associated Skill: Sense Motive
Preferred Weapons: Bastard sword, Falchion, Greatsword, Longsword, Scimitar

Feat Descriptions
(click to show/hide)

Level 1
(click to show/hide)

Level 2
(click to show/hide)

Level 3
(click to show/hide)

Level 4
(click to show/hide)

Level 5
(click to show/hide)

Level 6
(click to show/hide)

Level 7
(click to show/hide)

Level 8
(click to show/hide)

Level 9
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 01:13:11 PM by Risada »

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 07:05:33 PM »
Voltic Battler

Feats: Scientific Brawler, Motor Head
Associated Skill: Knowledge(Science)
Preferred Weapons: Unarmed strike, Slam, Gauntlet

Feat Descriptions
(click to show/hide)

New Condition: Magnetized

The creature is emitting static energy from his body, possibly the remainder of some strong electrical discharge it received. This effect does not have direct negative penalties; however, this condition is used by the various maneuvers from Voltic Battler discipline.

Level 1
(click to show/hide)

Level 2
(click to show/hide)

Level 3
(click to show/hide)

Level 4
(click to show/hide)

Level 5

(click to show/hide)

Level 6
(click to show/hide)

Level 7
(click to show/hide)

Level 8
(click to show/hide)

Level 9
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 07:08:27 PM by Risada »

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 07:20:48 PM »
Reposting from the other thread...

Quote from: Risada
Soul Eater, a Review
Quote from: bkdubs123
1) Gauntlet Hades is ridiculously powerful for a 1st level maneuver. Compare to the other 1st level Soul Eater maneuver Life Draining Swipe (which is appropriately powered, btw) to see why. This thing just does it all! A chance for two attacks, maybe some self healing, and knockdown (maybe two shots at it)! WAY too good. Thankfully, this was the only maneuver that was OMGWTF here.

Would pushing it to 2nd level solve it? Since Hell's fang is similar and you didn't mention it...
2) Infernal Divider already knocks fools prone if you hit, so when Infernal Drop Kick knocks them prone again it does nothing. I'd suggest replacing the second iteration of prone with something more relevant. Maybe they lose their next move action (aka they get knocked prone hard)?

Considering this action denial route: using the effect you proposed, the guy would still spend his standard action and get up, or attack while prone (taking -4 to hit). What if it stunned the target for 1 round instead?

3) Infernal Push, pushes fools, but I'm a bit hazy on how you want it to work. Divider knocks them ten feet into the air, and then you use Push. Did you mean for Push to knock them higher into the air or just throw them 10ft horizontally?

Yeah.... it was meant to push them horizontally...

Fixed.

4) Death Spike's reminder text is somewhat misleading. The way it's written could make some newbies think that, for each creature in the area, you heal 2d6/creature. Which is a lot of healing, and surely not what you meant.

Hum.... What would you say if I said "that was exactly what I meant"?  Laugh

Reducing it to 1d6 per creature might look nice if hitting 4 targets, but not so hot against a single target... Maybe start with 2d6 and increase to 1d6 per additional creature affected?

5) Death's Grasp is underpowered in my opinion. It has the advantage over Dancing Blade Form of adding to your reach even when it isn't your turn, but DBF always seemed underpowered to me as well and it's 1 level lower.  Shrug

What do you think of putting Death's Grasp at level 4 or 5? Can merely lowering the level solve the problem?

6) Belial's Edge II could use a little extra love. It's pretty boring and a smidge underpowered to just deal 12d6 extra damage at 13th level. Maybe add a save or be shaken effect?

Sadly, Belial's Edge have no other secondary effect. Ingame, it is used to lenghten Ragna's combos, while dealing some damage. Besides, fear effects at 13th level are not very effective anymore...

...I guess increasing the damage won't cut it, right?  Rolls Eyes

7) Black Onslaught has a lot going on and could maybe use powering down just slightly. Also, it appears to target just one creature, but sometimes the wording makes me wonder if I can full attack and spread my attacks and cause lots of creatures to save or die. Which, honestly, could be pretty cool, but then the maneuver would need a big overhaul.

Fixed text to affect a single target.

God Slash, a Review

1) Delayed Strike is going to stress DMs out. Most DMs I know think that Mountain Hammer is already too powerful and this, for the price of a full round action, is more accurate and deals more than double the damage. I would rethink this, possibly making it ready an attack, possibly making the initiation 1 entire round, I'm not sure. The answer here is difficult, because Mountain Hammer is already powerful enough and already uses the flavor of one powerful strike, which God Slash is built around.

Hmm... I never heard about Mountain hammer being overpowered (aside from it cutting through adamantine like a hot knife would cut a piece of butter)...

Would it help if the bonus to hit was removed, and the damage decreased to 3d8 (or even 2d8... but I would be very sad  Sad Tongue)?

2) Horizontal Stab, having a silly name notwithstanding, mentions that it can be used as an attack of opportunity. Technically, you won't be able to benefit from the extra reach of the strike when you use it as an attack of opportunity, something you may have already known, but most players would not know this and it would become a confusing headache in play. Again, I'm not sure what the best solution here is.

Laugh as mush as you want, but the name describes it exactly how it is... a stab with a bigass sword...

What if I add the following to the end of the maneuver: "Additionally, if a creature moves within 15 ft. from you, you may use this maneuver as an attack of opportunity against that creature."

3) No Escape seems underpowered. Spend an immediate action for an extra 5ft step and only when a foe provokes an AoO? I don't think I'd ever go for this. Might work as a stance where you get a free 5ft step whenever you make an AoO?

Thinking about it....

4) I can't decide if I think that Enma is overpowered or that Hotaru is underpowered. Honestly, I'm starting to think it's a combination of both. I think if you modified Enma so that it was a normal Bull Rush attempt with an automatic 10ft push on top but you lose the knocked prone part that would work for Enma, and if you just gave Hotaru +2d6 damage that would work there.

Removed the knock prone from Enma, and added 2d8 extra damage to Hotaru.
5) Cut Magic seems a little unclear and a little overpowered. It says you can counterspell stuff within 30ft, but it doesn't specify how this works. I assume you mean that the initiator can ready actions to make Sense Motive checks which in turn mimic Greater Dispel Magic, but I'm only able to assume that because (not to toot my own horn) I know so much about how the game works.

My suggestions here would be, first, to lose the evasion part, and second to allow the initiator to ready actions to counterspell (as described here) only against spells cast within his threatened area or targeting creatures within his threatened area.

What about this?

Quote from: Cut Magic
Whenever you hit with a melee attack while in this stance, you may attempt to dispel magical effects on the target. Make a Sense Motive check at a -10 penalty in place of a dispel check. This otherwise function as the targeted version of greater dispel magic. Additionally, you may use an immediate action to counterspell a spell cast by a creature within your reach or affecting one or more creatures within your reach (including yourself) as if using a greater dispel magic against the spell.

6) Zantetsu is another example of taking a maneuver that most DMs see as overpowered and turning it up to 11! In Devoted Spirit we have the Divine Surge maneuver at 4th level which is a single strike that deals +8d8 damage and everyone I know thinks that's too strong anyway.

I never actually met someone who thought like that... must be because I know so few DMs 

By comparison, even against a creature with DR 10/--, assuming Crusaders with Greatswords and Str 22, Divine Surge deals an average of 42 damage after DR while Zantetsu will deal an average of 57 damage after DR a pretty sizable difference which can only increase against less protected targets.

Lowering the damage to 4d8 per hit is enough, or it's still overpowered?

7) Tsubaki, again, just deals a bit too much damage. With the potential trip attempt, with bonus, something as small as 6d6 would suffice.

Reduced Tsubaki's bonus damage to 6d8...

8) Kokuujin Ougi: Mugen is completely over the top and actually WAY better than the 9th level maneuver. Due to how it's worded, I don't think you meant for it to work this way, but you can just spam the same manevuer twice. So Zantetsu(x2) for four attacks and 20d8 extra damage to kill just about anything with standard action, or simply unleash a double strength Kokuujin: Shippuu for 26d8 area effect damage. It's a bit less than Zantetsu, but you will reliably deal the damage and to a few targets at once. The "not expended" clause is just moar power on an already too-powerful effect.

I don't think there is a solution to this one, other than scrapping it. If it allowed two standard action strikes as a full-round action, and if they were expended as normal, it might be okay.

Sadly, that's exactly how it works ingame. Maybe putting a level limit.... like only maneuvers from 5th level or lower? And/Or maybe making the initiation time of both maneuvers a full round action (without expending them)?

@the 9th maneuver: you think it's weak? Maybe adding some extra damage on each attack?

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 07:21:43 PM »
For my part... that's it for now.

Prime, you can post your works here, if you want...

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5] Martial Techniques from Blazblue
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 12:42:01 PM »
Most of the random stuff I posted in the old thread:
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 08:27:46 AM »
Expanding on Silpheed:

Feats: Silpheed Summoner, Queen of Rose
Associated Skill: Diplomacy

Silpheed Summoner
Prerequisites: Ability to summon creatures (via a spell or other ability), One Silpheed stance
Benefit: Whenever you summon one or more creatures, you can reduce the action required to 1 swift action (as long as it was not more than 1 round). The summoned creatures vanish at the start of your next turn. The summoning must have a duration of at least 3 rounds to use this option.
Special: Silpheed Summoning can be used in place of the Spell Focus (conjuration) feat to qualify for a feat, prestige class, or other special ability. You can possess both this feat and Spell Focus (conjuration).

Queen of Rose [Tactical]
Prerequisites: Silpheed Summoner, base attack bonus +6, two Silpheed maneuvers.
Benefit: The Queen of Rose feat enables the use of two tactical options, both of which are supernatural abilities.
  • Sprout: Whenever you summon a creature, cast a conjuration spell or use a Silpheed strike, you may create a rod in one of the affected squares that lasts for 1 minute. Enemies within 5ft of a rod take a -2 penalty to AC and saving throws (the penalties from multiple rods do not stack). You may have one rod in existence +1 per five initiator levels, and may dismiss them as a free action. Each rod has hardness 10 and hit points equal to your initiator level - if exposed to electricity damage they detonate (see below).
  • Sword Iris: As a move action, any enemy adjacent to one of your rods takes electricity damage equal to your ranks in Diplomacy (Reflex half, DC = 10 + half your initiator level + your Cha modifier). This destroys all your rods. A creature adjacent to multiple rods sums the damage before applying energy resistance. (i.e. a creature with electricity resistance 5 and adjacent to two 20-damage rods would take 35 damage, not 30)
Clownish Calendula
Silpheed
Level: 9
Prerequisite: Five Silpheed maneuvers
Initiation Action: 1 full-round action
Range: 20ft
Area: 20ft burst centred on you
Duration: Instantaneous

This maneuver deals 100 points of damage in a 20ft burst centred on you, and knocks affected targets prone (Reflex save halves the damage and negates knockdown, DC = 19 + your Cha modifier). This damage is half electric and half divine. You are not harmed by your own clownish calendula.

This maneuver is a supernatural ability.
Beauty is Never Tarnished
Silpheed (Counter)
Level: ?
Prerequisite: ?
Initiation Action: 1 immediate action
Range: 10ft
Target: One willing creature

When you are targeted by an attack or must make a saving throw, make a Diplomacy check. If the result exceeds the attack roll or save DC, the effect is redirected to one willing creature within 10ft (who must defend against it as normal).
By My Command
Silpheed (Counter)
Initiation Action: 1 immediate action
Range: 60ft

You may initiate this maneuver when an ally within 60ft attacks and misses. Make a Diplomacy check and recalculate the results of the attack using your Diplomacy check result in place of the ally's attack roll.
A Lady's Shield
Silpheed (Stance)
Initiation Action: 1 swift action
Range: 10ft
Duration: Stance

As a free action once per round, select one willing creature within 10ft. You are protected from harm as if that creature had cast a shield other spell on you, except that it has a range of 10ft.
Summoner's Stance
Silpheed (Stance)
Range: Personal
Target: You

Select one class which grants you the ability to cast summon monster or summon nature's ally spells (or a similar chain such as conjure ice beast). For every two levels by which your initiator level exceeds your caster level, you may summon creatures with these spells from a list one level higher than normal. (eg. a character with 3 levels of druid and IL7 could use summon nature's ally I to summon creatures from the summon nature's ally III list, and summon nature's ally II to summon creatures from the summon nature's ally IV list)
?
Silpheed (Stance)

Whenever you could make an attack of opportunity, you may instead choose for a willing creature within 10ft to attack the provoking creature. This may be a melee or ranged attack. This counts as one of your attacks of opportunity per round as normal.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 06:27:35 PM by Prime32 »

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 07:05:13 PM »
Steins Gunner stuff

Feats: ?, Sword of Doom
Associated Skill: Knowledge (religion)

Whenever you initiate a Steins Gunner maneuver or enter a Steins Gunner stance, you may place a Stein at any point within 60ft (appearing after the maneuver is resolved). A Stein is a Small Construct with AC ? and ? hp which cannot move or attack, though it can float in mid-air and can provide flanking. A Stein grants adjacent allies a +2 shield bonus to AC (the bonus from multiple Steins stacks).
You may have 1 Stein in existence at a time, +1 per four initiator levels, and may dismiss a Stein as a free action. A Stein winks out if is ever more than 60ft away from you.

?
Steins Gunner (Boost)

After initiating this maneuver, create two Steins rather than one. This does not allow you to exceed your normal limit of Steins.

?
Steins Gunner (Boost)

For 1 round, you can make a ranged touch attack dealing 1d8 damage per two initiator levels; this is considered a normal attack and can be used as part of a full attack. This attack originates from one of your Steins rather than you (you may choose a different Stein for each attack), thus you cannot use it if you do not possess a Stein.

Unlimited Gunner
Steins Gunner (Stance)

Your Steins gain a fly speed of 20ft with perfect maneuverability, a slam attack dealing 1d6 damage +1 per initiator level, and the benefits of the Flyby Attack feat.

Divine Wrath of the Heavens
Steins Gunner (Strike)
Initiation Action: 1 standard action
Area: One or more 10ft bursts

Each of your Steins detonates in a 10ft burst, dealing ? damage.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 09:53:16 PM by Prime32 »

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 05:28:21 PM »
Prime! It's good to see you back in this work!   :clap :P

If I wasn't so fucked up with work, I could have finished God Slash and Voltic Battler already...

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 07:47:30 PM »
Greater Necromancy!

Finished God Slash... finally! Added Void Sphere (level 6) and God's Insight (level 5). Also edited Renka and Zantetsu.

Next, finish Voltic Battler then put up a index on the first post.

Edit: I am thinking here... does the lack of a high level stance pose a problem? As it is, God Slash's last stance comes at 5th level...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 08:13:08 PM by Risada »

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 08:47:27 PM »
Void Sphere
Requiring another maneuver in order to have any effect is kind of weird. Couldn't you just make it a higher-level version of that stance? I mean, you just said that you need more high-level stances anyway. :p

Also... is it really a good idea to include Jump checks (which you'll likely succeed on anyway due to the fixed DC) when Jump isn't even the associated skill of the discipline?

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 07:27:35 AM »
Void Sphere
Requiring another maneuver in order to have any effect is kind of weird. Couldn't you just make it a higher-level version of that stance? I mean, you just said that you need more high-level stances anyway. :p

Also... is it really a good idea to include Jump checks (which you'll likely succeed on anyway due to the fixed DC) when Jump isn't even the associated skill of the discipline?

How am I supposed to portrait a move that can only be used while in the air? Use a Sense Motive check in place of said check?  :rolleyes

Edit: made Void Sphere become the Void Magic stance.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 07:32:06 AM by Risada »

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 04:23:12 PM »
How am I supposed to portrait a move that can only be used while in the air? Use a Sense Motive check in place of said check?  :rolleyes

Reading this, I guess it might not be the best answer I could have thought of... Sorry if it sounded offensive, Prime...

Also, updated God Slash a little more... Renamed Horizontal Stab into Stunning Stab and made No Escape into a stance. And began the index on the first post...

Edit: I am thinking on adding a few quotes to portrait each discipline. God Slash already got one... currently thinking on one for Soul Eater and Voltic Battler. Below are a few lines from the game:

Soul Eater (all of them by Ragna)
-"TERUMIIIIIIIIIIIII~! You're gonna like this!!!"
-"Restriction 666 released. Dimensional Interference field deployed! Now engaging the Idea Engine! It's time I showed you...the TRUE power of the Azure!" - Ragna using Blood Kain after a certain part of the story., spoilered below.

(click to show/hide)

Voltic Battler
-I wouldn't do that if I were you... I've already analyzed your abilities. The result will be the same.
-You're within my estimates.

Which ones would you guys choose?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:30:32 PM by Risada »

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2012, 04:43:22 PM »
-"Restriction 666 released. Dimensional Interference field deployed! Now engaging the Idea Engine! It's time I showed you...the TRUE power of the Azure!" - Ragna using Blood Kain after a certain part of the story., spoilered below.
Those lines only really mean anything if you've played the games. Without context, for all you know he could be cooking this "Terumi" person's lunch.

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 04:57:33 PM »
Those lines only really mean anything if you've played the games. Without context, for all you know he could be cooking this "Terumi" person's lunch.

Checking here reveals that over half of Ragna's lines revolve around calling other people names or swearing... not even one line with the same impact as Hakumen's...

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 08:05:10 PM »

Checking here reveals that over half of Ragna's lines revolve around calling other people names or swearing... not even one line with the same impact as Hakumen's...
Quote from: Ragna
I'll show you there's no Hell; only darkness!

Offline Ziegander

• bkdubs123 reborn
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 10:50:14 PM »
I'm definitely going to get back to critiquing this. There is some awesome work being done here!

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 11:13:20 PM »
Quote from: Ragna
I'll show you there's no Hell; only darkness!

Added to Soul Eater's entry. Thank you for the suggestion, Prime.

I'm definitely going to get back to critiquing this. There is some awesome work being done here!

Please do. Your post from the other thread has been ported over, in case you want to pick up from where we left...

Offline Prime32

• Over-Underling
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2012, 07:39:25 AM »
Add an [Aerial] descriptor, and explain in the first post that such maneuvers can only be used if you're flying or have made a Jump check within the round?