It seems to me that the Pathfinder Wilder
is infinitely better as a class.
0. Favored class boni can give you more powers known.
1. New surge mechanics. Enervation is now fixed at 15% and you can use surge to freely manifest a power 1/10min.
2. Surge types. The big two are Student's surge, which is Educated Wilder + Psicrystal + no daze, and Raging surge, which is Rage + rage powers + enervation just deals a bit of damage. However, most of them are improvements over the 3.5 Wilder.
3. Psychic Reformation
is much better in PF. It has no XP cost, but if you go back more than one level you take a temporary negative level for 24 hours. However, a 2-point augment reduces that to 8 hours and a 6-point augment removes them completely.
4. Surging euphoria is a morale bonus. Take Raging Surge and add a Courageous weapon and it's really impressive.
Now we get to things that aren't yet on d20pfsrd. (this thread
has links to a bunch of material that appears unchanged at publication)
5. Surge crystals. For 15,000g (+1), 30,000g (+2), or 60,000g (+3) and 2 points of Con, your wild surge increases by the listed amount. (with these, an 11th level Wilder can use their free manifestations to manifest a fully augmented Psychic Reformation)
6. Circlet of the Sheltered Mind. 7.5k for reducing enervation chance by 5% sounds pretty good.
7. Mental Equilibrium, Biokinetic Feedback, Piercing Surge, Countersurge...
These feats from Psionics Augmented: Wilder are amazing. Mental Equilibrium removes any consequences of enervation except HP/PP damage. Biokinetic Feedback turns PP loss into HP loss and allows stacking with Overchannel. Together, these allow you to basically ignore enervation. Add some Boots of the Earth
and you're golden.
8. New powers
that are boosted if you surge while using them. My favorite is Euterpe’s Prophetic Song, which turns you into a better buffer than the Bard.
9. Mind Stones. For 2000*level squared, these add a power to your powers known. It says it is supposed to be from your list, but that's why you have UMD.
So, in conclusion, the Pathfinder Wilder can surge for more with less consequences, can rewrite their powers easily, can know more powers, and has a great deal of support making it more awesome.