Author Topic: Videogame Discussion III - Snake Eater  (Read 61047 times)

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
  • Trapped on another Earth that isn't home
    • View Profile
Re: Videogame Discussion III - Snake Eater
« Reply #740 on: May 09, 2018, 11:09:04 PM »
I don't think I was fair to Vegas when I used them in my post...At least Vegas is willing to admit it's all gambling.....even if they include the odds of winning   

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: May 21, 2018, 02:22:02 AM »
Tencent has acquired majority stake (80%) of Grinding Gear Games, the makers of Path of Exile

Felt the need to share this since I'm...  Unsure and hesitant on what to think, though that's partially due to the late hour.  Tencent has been good about letting strong-performing companies keep their monetization models such as LoL has, but it's still Tencent and anything to do with them I take with a massive grain of salt.

Thoughts?

Online Nanshork

• Homebrew Connoisseur
  • Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 21, 2018, 11:15:23 AM »
I trust the press release, GGG has always been very forthright.  Also apparently Tencent was already publishing the game so they my assumption is that this is about money, not creative control.

Edit: This is all about money, not control.
Grinding Gear Games is still an independently-run company in New Zealand. All of its developers still work for Grinding Gear Games and have not become Tencent employees. The founders (Chris, Jonathan and Erik) are still running the company, just like we have been for the last 11 years. Going forward, we will have financial reporting obligations to Tencent but this will have minimal impact on our philosophy and operations.

Edit edit: My god the comments to that announcement.  The entitlement of some of those people....
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 11:22:53 AM by Nanshork »

Offline SorO_Lost

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 21, 2018, 01:37:43 PM »
Edit edit: My god the comments to that announcement.  The entitlement of some of those people....
I guess you've never been to Reddit then? It's pretty much the standard these days, most people are delusional self-entitled narcissistic idiots with an attitude incontinence problems on social media. See also my current signature: "Are the words teen, SJW, & liberal synonyms?"

As far as my thoughts on the company, a lot of companies create different brands to appeal to people and maybe half the time those brands were acquired. Like Ford owns Chrysler which makes Dodge owners Ford lovers depending on your viewpoint.
Would you die if you jumped from my perceived ego to your IQ? - Is 15secs of confirmation bias a goal post worth arguing for? - Ever asked a "victim" what they did to deserve it? - Are the words teen, SJW, & liberal synonyms? - "Only Sith deals in absolutes" contains a misspelled word.

Online Nanshork

• Homebrew Connoisseur
  • Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: May 21, 2018, 06:36:31 PM »
I guess you've never been to Reddit then? It's pretty much the standard these days, most people are delusional self-entitled narcissistic idiots with an attitude incontinence problems on social media. See also my current signature: "Are the words teen, SJW, & liberal synonyms?"

As far as my thoughts on the company, a lot of companies create different brands to appeal to people and maybe half the time those brands were acquired. Like Ford owns Chrysler which makes Dodge owners Ford lovers depending on your viewpoint.

I go to Reddit for procurement advice, things like "Which WiFi analyzer app for android is the best" and "Is so-and-so better than so-and-so".  Not to read people's opinions on events.

Yes yes, you have a signature that I block out because it enrages me.  Surprise surprise.

Offline SorO_Lost

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 21, 2018, 10:39:15 PM »
I go to Reddit for procurement advice, things like "Which WiFi analyzer app for android is the best" and "Is so-and-so better than so-and-so".  Not to read people's opinions on events.
It's probably for the best, I feel like I have to actively avoid scrolling down on r/news.

Yes yes, you have a signature that I block out because it enrages me.  Surprise surprise.
I wouldn't be surprised, you seem to be my polar opposite, but chillax a little.

Think of it this way, if you don't fall in X or X doesn't apply to you for Y reasons, then why be offended if Z wouldn't apply anyway for the same reasons?
Would you die if you jumped from my perceived ego to your IQ? - Is 15secs of confirmation bias a goal post worth arguing for? - Ever asked a "victim" what they did to deserve it? - Are the words teen, SJW, & liberal synonyms? - "Only Sith deals in absolutes" contains a misspelled word.

Online Nanshork

• Homebrew Connoisseur
  • Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: Yesterday at 01:36:35 PM »
I'm not offended, I'm angered. It's different.

I could agree on the polar opposites thing.

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
  • Trapped on another Earth that isn't home
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: Yesterday at 11:51:50 PM »
https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/japanese-trademark-filing-hints-nintendo-64-classic/

If it does happen, it won't have one of the main reasons why folks bought the N64..goldeneye...

Online Nanshork

• Homebrew Connoisseur
  • Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: Today at 01:29:14 AM »
Perfect Dark was better.  :P