Author Topic: Fun Finds v7.0 - Now with +15% more reposts!  (Read 55155 times)

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
Re: Fun Finds v7.0 - Now with +15% more reposts!
« Reply #600 on: April 07, 2018, 04:09:29 PM »
Those magic item effects are amazing. "The item appears much larger than normal but functions as a normal sized version" is straight up "here's your anime bullshit stop asking"
Extended Sig Index
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=4358.0

I'm a Game Design consultant. PM me if you want advice on your game!
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=9765.0

Offline SorO_Lost

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: April 07, 2018, 07:57:40 PM »
Those magic item effects are amazing. "The item appears much larger than normal but functions as a normal sized version" is straight up "here's your anime bullshit stop asking"
Combine it with the last one, your eyes become twice as large as normal with modified irises.
Would you die if you jumped from my perceived ego to your IQ? - Is 15secs of confirmation bias a goal post worth arguing for? - Ever asked a "victim" what they did to deserve it? - Are the words teen, SJW, & liberal synonyms? - "Only Sith deals in absolutes" contains a misspelled word.

Offline TiaC

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Is this to be?
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: December 05, 2018, 04:38:31 AM »
The Buffeting Fists graft (MoE) is just about the best anti-archer defense. It give you Deflect Arrows for 13k, except that it works 1+Dex mod times per round. Even for characters without dex focuses, this approaches immunity, because it automatically blocks them, and you only need to spend a use if it would hit normally.

Offline SorO_Lost

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 05, 2018, 12:05:41 PM »
The Buffeting Fists graft (MoE) is just about the best anti-archer defense.
Nice for mundanes I suppose, but a Wandhilt & UMD can do better.
Quote from: Friendly Fire, EoE27
Abjuration
Level: Drd 4, Sor/Wiz 4, Stf 4; Components: V; Casting Time: 1 immediate action or 1 full round (see text); Range: Personal; Target: You; Duration: Instantaneous or 1 round/level (see text).
With an arcane word, you create a shimmering field of golden light around your body that pulses and wavers before vanishing.
Whenever you are the target of a ranged attack or a ranged touch attack, you can cast this spell to deflect the attack toward another target within 30 feet. Use the same attack roll. If the redirected attack hits the new target, resolve it as normal. Otherwise, the attack fails. If you extend the casting time to 1 full round, the duration changes from instantaneous to 1 round per caster level.
Would you die if you jumped from my perceived ego to your IQ? - Is 15secs of confirmation bias a goal post worth arguing for? - Ever asked a "victim" what they did to deserve it? - Are the words teen, SJW, & liberal synonyms? - "Only Sith deals in absolutes" contains a misspelled word.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • Less Angry Than Before
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: December 05, 2018, 12:58:08 PM »
Unless you're shot more than once. It looks like the graft wins in that case.
Still short tempered.

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 05, 2018, 11:47:28 PM »
Except that the full-round casting works against every ranged attack, including ranged touch attack spells, for its entire duration.  Spell wins in that instance.
What do I win?
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

Offline SorO_Lost

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 06, 2018, 06:36:51 AM »
It can be instant cast if needed which is a nice option for versatility. But it can be buffed up, or even Persisted, for multi-round protection. And instead of just wasting your opponent's offensive action, it turns it against them.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 08:10:14 AM by SorO_Lost »