Huh, I forgot that I'd expressed interest in this game the first time around, too. I'm going to have to think about my original idea, too (anthropomorphic bat thaumaturge with a goal of cataloguing the sounds of magic).
Quill, is this okay? I know you okayed it for the original application, but I'd like to double check, being 2 years later and all that.
Assuming everything is still good, I'm trying to pick things.
- Ability scores: 6 Str, 12 Dex, 14 Con, 16 Int, 22 Wis, 6 Cha.
- Skills: Concentration, Knowledge (arcana), Spellcraft, Listen, and Spot. Spellcraft is +10 so I can take 10 on the DC 20 check to cast my cantrips at will out of combat. With 22 Wisdom and the +4 racial bonus, Spot/Listen are at +15, which seems pretty darn good for 2nd level.
- Feats: Improved Flight (from RotW) gets me to good maneuverability, which means hovering, among other benefits. I haven't a clue what to do with the two extra feats from flaws, though. Spell Focus (Conjuration), maybe, but there have got to be better choices. Any ideas?
- Flaws: I could go with Noncombatant (-2 on melee attack rolls) and Shaky (-2 on ranged attack rolls), since I'm not planning to ever attack, nor would I really do anything if I tried, but I feel a little dirty taking them since they're basically non-penalties for me.
- Traits: Nightsighted (+10 ft. darkvision, -1 Spot in areas of bright light) is interesting, and Passionate (+1 Fort, -1 Will) shores up a weak save in exchange for a very strong save.
- Equipment: A light crossbow is a gimme, even if it's close to useless with a +3 attack bonus (+1 if I go with Shaky) for 1d6 damage. That covers 35 gp of the 900 gp we have to spend. Any ideas?