Author Topic: [3.X+PF+3rdPrty] Options to Improve Weapons Wielded by Others (No Spells!)  (Read 3113 times)

Offline TC X0 Lt 0X

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • The TC Storywriter
    • View Profile
So I am looking for options to improved weapons wielded by others for a Blacksmith kind of character.

Stuff like the Master (Dragonlance:WotL) line of 'Item of' knack class feature (though that particular one might be useless for this character) or the Hone Weapon feat (Located in Expanded Path of War or HERE)

I would prefer stuff that is not just casting spells on the weapon. Not necessarily non-magical, just not spells/powers/etc unless it is something particularly relevant. Duration is not necessarily a concern.

Ive been eyeballing the Blacksmith 3rd party class from Spheres of Might (Partially mentioned and linked to HERE but am hoping for other options).

3.X or PF acceptable, as well as DragMag and 3rd Party on a case by case basis.

Thanks for any help.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 10:08:18 AM by TC X0 Lt 0X »
Im really bad at what I do.
A+

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: [3.X+PF+3rdPrty] Options to Improve Weapons Wielded by Others (No Spells!)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 10:57:07 AM »
I clicked on this thread to mention the Blacksmith.   :lmao

Okay, have you looked at Spheres of Power?  It's magical but not spells.

The Armorist is equipment focused, it lets you create gear and hand it out (although that's probably not what you want).  The enhancement sphere has a bunch of equipment specific boosts.

I can't think of anything else although I'm sure there's other 3rd party stuff that could do it.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 01:57:03 PM »
As the guy who wrote the Enhancement Handbook for Spheres of Power... There are quite a few.

I can't, with any good graces, suggest it to you, because I'm still pretty pissed at Drop Dead Studios.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 02:38:36 PM »
As the guy who wrote the Enhancement Handbook for Spheres of Power... There are quite a few.

I can't, with any good graces, suggest it to you, because I'm still pretty pissed at Drop Dead Studios.

I've heard not great things about their internal balancing, why are you pissed at them?

Offline kitep

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Lookout World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 09:26:14 PM »
How about all those weapon crystals in the Magic Item Compendium?

Are you talking about taking a weapon they already have and improving it, or creating a new weapon from scratch that's superior to normal weapons?  If the latter, there's a whole host of special materials you can make the weapon out of, but I think you mean the former.

I think there's some oils that you can rub on the weapon to have a one-time effect.

Good luck!

Offline TC X0 Lt 0X

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • The TC Storywriter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 09:43:36 PM »
How about all those weapon crystals in the Magic Item Compendium?

Are you talking about taking a weapon they already have and improving it, or creating a new weapon from scratch that's superior to normal weapons?  If the latter, there's a whole host of special materials you can make the weapon out of, but I think you mean the former.

I think there's some oils that you can rub on the weapon to have a one-time effect.

Good luck!

Both actually.
In the case of creating new weapons, Im looking for stuff that isnt just crafting a magic weapon in the typical fashion but bonuses and effects that cant be duplicated by others (Like the Master crafting Super Masterwork Items).
A+

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 05:21:14 PM »

I've heard not great things about their internal balancing, why are you pissed at them?

Basically, it boils down to poor internal organization, poor communication, and how the end product looked like shit. Also, I want it on the record that I did not write the chapter fiction - I really hate that kind of thing, since it's really bloody pointless.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton....
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 01:59:31 PM »
Legacy weapons and artificers come to mind.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 05:12:07 PM »
Midgard Dwarf + Ironsoul Forgemaster PrC + Battlesmith PrC + a Major Bloodline + Legacy Champion PrC + Uncanny Trickster PrC (probably the feats version) = semi high Epic Armor and Arms without most of the typical spell based support.  Hands off Mjolnir-lite to whomever, and starts making another.

Midgard Dwarf ---> http://www.realmshelps.net/monsters/block/Dwarf,_Midgard
Uncapped ability, also have a CL 20 ability.
hmm ... I vaguely recall more to it, perhaps Frostburn has a detail or 2 more.
level 17 with 2 LAs bought off is :  (20+3) + {(2+3)*3} + <{(1+3) + (1+3) + (1+3)}*3> = 74
Might run into some serious dm congestion on this, and wbl.

Are you talking about specifically buffing a weapon, or buffing the dude wielding the weapon?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 05:32:11 PM by awaken_D_M_golem »
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline TC X0 Lt 0X

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • The TC Storywriter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 08:53:07 AM »
Specifically a weapon, though its not like I wont buff other characters if it is a option Im just not focusing in on that.

A+

Offline Captnq

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Haters gonna hate. Dragons gonna drag.
    • View Profile
    • Ask the Captain
By cannon? Weapon materials an weapon/armor templates in the PHB2

However, if you are willing to extrapolate, the Katana is a sword that is +2 by it's very nature due to superior craftmanship. Hey, is the EVD still up? Do I need to reload it?
If you have questions about 3.5 D&D, you might want to look at the:
Encyclopedia Vinculum Draconis

Currently: Podcasting

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton....
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
well, I'm downloading a file that claims to be the .07 version....