Hello Min/Max Boards. I'm new here (fresh acc, but reading for a few years) and want to backup a few of my builds published on another board. Further I seek for feedback, so any comments are welcome =) This will be the first of the builds.
Note, that the text is only copy&paste. atm, but I way change it in future for better visibility and reading when I have time for it^^
This is just a Theoretical Optimization build and not meant to play. Only if you want a race between your DM and you (can & will he kill you before you become godlike? I would assume so
Hi everyone, I want to show you some refreshed old TO cheese I stepped upon a few days ago. The goal of this build(s) is(/are) to get near pun-puns power-level in 20 levels.
The cheese comes from the spell "Body outside Body" mainly. I spent the last week with tinkering cheese around the spell and googling for additional abuse information. I haven't played a wu-jen so far and didn't even know about the spell a week ago, but the abuse potential is so obvious, that it was just a matter of time until I got results.
This was the 1st thread about a Beholder Mage build relying on BoB cheese, which inspired
me to play a bit with BoB around myself.
LordofProcrastination's Dirty Tricks
After I got interested into BoB builds, Void Disciples 4th lvl ability did come into my mind and I started to google again and hit these 2 threads/builds.Dolly-the-8-round-God
Both builds rely on the use of Archmages SLA-garanting class ability. But imho you don't need this to get the cheese. You just need many BoB clones, the "Moment of Clarity" ability of Void Disciple to give temporary feats and access to 9th level spells to pull of the cheese."BoBaFeat" minimal requirements:
- able to cast "Body outside Body"(7th)
Level: Wu Jen 7,
Components: V, S, M,
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 10 ft.
Effect: 1 duplicate/5 levels
Duration: 1 round/2 levels
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No
- clones have 1/4 Hp
- clones can't cast spells or use spell trigger items
- clones can use SLAs
- clones have all your class lvl and abilities, talents, racials, stats (expect "casting spells" and the lower Hp)
- Void Disciple 4 ("Moment of Clarity" ability)
- give target ally any feat (with the exception of ancestor feats)
- give target ally ranks(!) in a skill equal to the associated attribute modifier of that skill
- duration: Void Disciple lvl / rounds
- have 9th level spell-slots
This will lead to a build like this (lvl20 needed to hit 9th lvl spell access):
a) Wu Jen X / Void Disciple 4 / Yyyyy X
or if you don't want to be limited to Wu Jen Spell list
b) Wizard X / Void Disciple 4 / Wyrm Wizard 2 / Yyyyy X
This is much less restricting compared to the other builds. You have 9-11 levels where you can insert any class witch adds full casting progression for your base casting class. As said, you don't need Archmage to make it work and here is how the build works:
BoBaFeat LvL 20 (we take option b with the Wizard casting and go straight wizard for the remaining level, for a simple example)
1) cast "Body outside Body" (you maybe need to cast it 2 or 3 times to have enough clones for the start)
2) order 6 (or 3 of em twice) of your clones to give you "Improved Spell Capacity [Epic]" temporary with their "Moment of Clarity ability" . you have now a 15th level spellslot.
3) order other clones to give you Silent Spell, Still Spell, Quicken Spell and finally "Innate Spell: Body outside Body"
Now, you have "Body outside Body" at will and are set to break the game with your unlimited amount of Clones.
- unlimited amount of Clones
- use clones and repeat the process to give you all spells you know as SLA at WILL (!)
- since your clones only have a restriction of casting spells, they can use all Spells as SLA at Will now
- give you all feats (only ancestor feats are forbidden, EPIC NOT! if the DM argues that you need to be lvl 21, go for Dragonwrought Kobold. Being a normal dragon of age, qualifies you for epic feats)
- due to all feats, you get unlimited Stats (epic +1 feats)
- unlimited stats + Moment of Clarity = unlimited skill ranks (!) + unlimited stat bonus on any skill
- unlimited amount of Quicken Spells per round (due to unlimited Multispell epic feats)
- unlimited HP (HP feats & unlimited CON bonus)
- to increase the amount of cones per spell/SLA use, give yourself "Spell Stowaway: Body outside Body". now every time someone in 300feet range casts (or uses SLA) BoB, you and all clones in range get the effect for free. we have raised the clone production exponentially sereal times.
BoBaFeat can now produce enough clones to fill the multiverse in a blink of an eye. Each of em a
god, obeying the only one and real BoBaFeat. I think he could befriend with pun-pun.
The question at the end is: What could you fill in the remaining plain wizard levels as mention above. Which PrC has full spellprogression and usefull (after having all feats) abilities to add to this build? Is there anything that would make a difference? One of the other threads/builds relies on Jade Phoenix Mage, which has some nice fluffy abilities, but nothing that really makes a difference imho. Any other ideas? (more Void Disciple for longer duration on Moment on Clarity would be a bit more efficient, but still not making any difference in power lvl)
I hope you enjoyed the BoBaFeat build and credits also go to the mentioned threads, pun-pun and their inspiration that lead to this thread. Feel free to comment and add your thoughts. I would appreciate it.