Author Topic: Fun Pathfinds  (Read 35012 times)

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
Re: Fun Pathfinds
« Reply #300 on: December 23, 2020, 03:53:20 PM »
rituals aren't normally available in PFS1e, outside those in a handful of APs., neither is Sacred Geometry.

Spell Perfection is pretty rare, since vast majority of PFS characters rarely even get to 12, much less past 12

i agree, the FAQ and Clarifications and even more so the shadow erratas/FAQ/opinions on the message boards were a horrible idea. they could gimp a character without either the GM or player knowing about it, when someone stumbles across it randomly.
add me on Steam- zook1shoe
- All Spells
- playground

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 13, 2021, 01:01:25 PM »
Cyclic Reincarnation doesn't actually require the 5k oils if cast as an arcane spell RAW. i was looking at an arcane base Loremaster w the Secrets of Magical Discipline feat to make it arcane, since it's druid/hunter 6.

Components V, S, M, DF (oils worth 5,000 gp)

they have the component as "M, DF", not "M/DF"

If the Components line includes F/DF or M/DF, the arcane version of the spell has a focus component or a material component (the abbreviation before the slash) and the divine version has a divine focus component (the abbreviation after the slash).

side note, Cyclic Reincarnation can work on creatures that died from death effects, unlike the other 2 reincarnates
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 01:03:17 PM by zook1shoe »
- All Spells
- playground

Offline kitep

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Lookout World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 13, 2021, 11:20:17 PM »
Is Pathfinder like 3.5, where a (divine) focus is not used up?  IOW, after you cast the spell, do you still have your 5000gp worth of oils?

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 13, 2021, 11:38:24 PM »
Yeah, its basically just a focus
- All Spells
- playground