Author Topic: Coastal Troubles (IC Thread)  (Read 38705 times)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Coastal Troubles (IC Thread)
« Reply #200 on: January 15, 2019, 11:34:18 PM »
Elisande shakes her head. 

"Ussn don't know about any fairies or queenies.  I heard of scaly beasties in da sea, they help the Folk when we make'm happy and reap our bounty when they're not."

She prattles on a bit more and is clearly reciting folk tales and superstitions that she grew up with, you have no way of knowing if there is truth to any of it.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #201 on: January 17, 2019, 11:06:13 PM »
"Thank you sweetie, you're a good girl, here's your reward."

Enar offers Elisande a silver coin before turning to the rest of the party:

"Hmmm, maybe the people here did this pact with some sea spirits? Would be nice if we could get them to help us. So talking this out with the crones still seems like our best bet before night falls. Who else wants to join me?"

Offline Archon

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 04, 2019, 04:16:36 AM »
"Let's go bother some crones."

Aval is onboard.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 20, 2019, 08:49:24 PM »
You all make your way back to the crones at the fire pit, Barrin following along.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 25, 2019, 10:21:49 AM »
"Good evening honored ladies. My companions found something quite interesting while visiting the lovely forest you have here. Would any of you perchance know what this is?"

Enar pulls out the scroll and holds it over the fire pit so it's properly illuminated. And also dangerously close to the fire. The paladin makes sure it doesn't catch fire, but makes it clear a slip of her hand and it will burn.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 25, 2019, 08:29:14 PM »
The crones screech in unison and one of them cries out, "The pact has been broken by the Outsides!  Kill them!"

Elisande flees in terror as the crones join hands and quickly chant what is clearly some sort of spell.  The necklace that Aval found made of human teeth and hair grows hot in his pocket for a second, then whatever power was left in it dies.  Cries of rage come from around you and you all hear the sounds of people running your way.  Whatever protection you thought to give these people from the ship of the dead is now moot, before the sun goes down either you or they will be dead yourselves.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Archon

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 25, 2019, 09:16:33 PM »
Initiative 23, looks like I'm on first.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 25, 2019, 09:30:01 PM »
So that was it, negotiations had broken down and now they would need to go full purging inquisition in this island. That demanded the proper protocol, so Enar assumes an elaborate stance with her shield and sword followed by a speech:

:"You isolate yourselves from the world, give pretty bad welcomes and don't follow proper sanitary rules for keeping your goats! Unforgivable! A Sailor-suited Pretty Paladin of Love and Justice: Enar Moreira! In the name of the sea, I will punish you!"

(Initiative 5)

Offline Archon

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 25, 2019, 09:50:06 PM »
(Oh, right, IC stuff.)

Aval sighs at his companions melodrama, but readies his shortbow nonetheless.

"I had hoped to avoid this, but what will be, will be."

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 25, 2019, 11:01:24 PM »
Shoutarou quickly considered his options. Staying in here would probably end with him smoked alive. Clearly there was fighting outside, possibly an invasion by dastardly monsters!

"I have spent long enough unjustly imprisoned! TOAH!"

He leaps mightily (in his head) out of the smoke, flips in the air (again, in his head) and ends in a dramatic pose (in reality, he just sorta rolled out of there and ended up in a dramatic pose).

The man that appears before the group has an insectoid-looking full-face mask and a red scarf, but otherwise is clad fully in black leather.

"Kamen Rider Kaitou! Has arrived!"
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 26, 2019, 09:18:14 PM »
"I'm not sure if the villagers or everyone else is more insane..." Magiries mutters, looking at the two justice freaks but adjusting her glaive accordingly.

Well, if they were going to murder people for accidentally disturbing some eldritch and suspicious pact, she wasn't going to fret too much about it.

Though the undead afterwards might be a major problem.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 26, 2019, 09:51:53 PM »
The adventurers who had been hired to protect these people from the ghost ship are surprised to see the huge Ulberto barge out of the smokehouse at the Crone's cries, sword in hand.  A masked man does some sort of jumping roll out of the smokehouse almost immediately after and poses for what appears to be no reason at all, though he is obviously not one of the villagers.

A handful of villagers pour of of nearby huts, all wielding broken pieces of timber.  Warsh can be seen in the distance, unarmed and surprised as he was walking back into the village from the docks.  The crones have finished their chanting.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Archon

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 01, 2019, 09:08:41 PM »
Aval is going to take a shot at Ulberto, seeing him as both the most likely figure here to have class levels, and also as that annoyance who wasted a bunch of his time stone-walling him.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 01, 2019, 10:05:43 PM »
Ulberto grunts as the arrow solidly hits him.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 02, 2019, 06:47:28 PM »
It takes a moment before Kamen Rider Kaitou can properly assess the situation. Once he does, though, it becomes fairly obvious what he must do.

After all, the villagers imprisoned him here, unfairly so. Therefore, the villagers must be the bad guys!

He strides towards the nearest villager and tries to stick him/her up like a piece of chicken!
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 02, 2019, 07:13:31 PM »
Magiries sighs, advancing towards the chanting crones and swinging her glaive. Attacking the elderly... but they were still in league with evil magics. That needed to be stopped. She slashed, swiftly reversing the glaive and jabbing with its shaft for extra effect.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 07:17:53 PM by Raineh Daze »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 02, 2019, 07:37:23 PM »
Magiries deftly slays one of the crones, but Kaitou's efforts are less fulfilling as he misses the villager completely.

In the distance, Warsh casts a spell of his own. Three magical darts shoot out from his hands, one each hitting Barrin, Magiries, and Aval.

One of the commoners attacks Kaitou more successfully than he was attacked. Another runs behind a hut and Magiries hears a yelp of surprise that she recognizes as the madman.

Ulberto charges forward in a rage and swings twice at Barrin (who is between him and Aval), missing both times.

A second commoner goes behind a hut to try and slay the madman, but doesn't sound any more successful.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 02, 2019, 09:55:39 PM »
Seeing her fellow paladin smite down one of the hags, Enar agrees it's the best tactic. Those now clearly evil hags couldn't be allowed to try any more of their foul magics plus there was hope the villagers would snap back to their senses once there were no more vile leaders to corrupt their minds anymore. Also it helped the hags certainly would have an harder time dodging her attacks being senile old women and stuff.

:"Seaaaa Swooooord Aaaactioooon!"

Enar's sword glows brightly with the power of justice as she closes in with the nearest hag and slashes at her with elegance and beauty!

Well at least the paladin's blade glows brighty inside Enar's mind. Everybody else will probably just see a normal attack.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 03, 2019, 08:24:10 PM »
Enar's attack hits the crone hard, but not hard enough to slay her foe.  Barrin strikes at the crone to slay her but misses.

In retaliation, one of the crones reaches out and touches Barrin which kills him instantly.  The other tries to do the same to Magiries but she dodges out of the way.

A third commoner goes to help his comrades slay the madman and sounds like me was more successful.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Archon

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 04, 2019, 06:08:59 PM »
Aval directs his owl to fly in the face of the crone, granting him advantage on the attack (Aid another action). Thereby, his shortbow attack has advantage+sneak attack.

(click to show/hide)