Needs a few more abilities at the top end, but I can't think of any right nowBlighter"Text."
- Excasard the Brilliant, Human Blighter
TextMaking a Blighter
Wisdom is the ability that the Blighter uses to give him extra spells. Races:
Blighter appear amongst all races, for their talents are widespread.Alignment:
Blighter can only be nongood.Table 1: The Blighter
Level BAB Ref Fort Will Abilities 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th
1 +0 +0 +2 +2 Defiling, Undying Fauna, Tainted Aura 1 — — — — — — — —
2 +1 +0 +3 +3 Razing Bonus Feat, Sustenance 2 — — — — — — — —
3 +2 +1 +3 +3 Contagious Touch 2 1 — — — — — — —
4 +3 +1 +4 +4 Razing Bonus Feat, Speak with Dead Animal 3 2 — — — — — — —
5 +3 +1 +4 +4 Undead Wild Shape 3 2 1 — — — — — —
6 +4 +2 +5 +5 Razing Bonus Feat, Animate Dead Animal 3 3 2 — — — — — —
7 +5 +2 +5 +5 Undead Wild Shape (Large) 4 3 2 1 — — — — —
8 +6 +2 +6 +6 Razing Bonus Feat, Plague 4 3 3 2 — — — — —
9 +6 +3 +6 +6 Burning Diease 4 4 3 2 1 — — — —
10 +7 +3 +7 +7 Razing Bonus Feat, Undead Wild Shape (Tiny) 4 4 3 3 2 — — — —
11 +8 +3 +7 +7 Undying Horde 4 4 4 3 2 1 — — —
12 +9 +4 +8 +8 Razing Bonus Feat, Undead Wild Shape (Plants) 4 4 4 3 3 2 — — —
13 +9 +4 +8 +8 4 4 4 4 3 2 1 — —
14 +10 +4 +9 +9 Razing Bonus Feat 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 — —
15 +11 +5 +9 +9 Undead Wild Shape (Huge) 4 4 4 4 4 3 2 1 —
16 +12 +5 +10 +10 Razing Bonus Feat, 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 —
17 +12 +5 +10 +10 Undead Wild Shape (Elemental) 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 2 1
18 +13 +6 +11 +11 Razing Bonus Feat 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 2
19 +14 +6 +11 +11 Permanent Dustbowl 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 3
20 +15 +6 +12 +12 Razing Bonus Feat, Undead Wild Shape (Huge Elemental) 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4Game Rule Information
Blighter have the following game statistics.Alignment
: NongoodHit Die
: d8Starting Gold
: 5d4 x 10 (125 gp)Starting Age
: Complex (as Druid)Class skills
Concentration (Con), Craft (any) (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (arcana, geography, local, nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Profession (herbalist) (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str)Skill Points at 1st level
: (4 + Int modifier) x 4Skill Points at Each Additional Level
: 4 + Int modifierClass Features
All the following are class features of the Blighter class.
Blighter Spell List
- Weapon and Armour Proficiency: Blighter are proficient with all simple and martial weapons, and light, medium and heavy armour, as well as shields.
- Spells: A Blighter gains the ability to cast a number of divine spells, which are drawn from the Blighter spell list. A Blighter must choose and prepare his spells in advance. To prepare or cast a spell, a Blighter must have a Wisdom score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a Blighter’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the Blighter’s Wisdom modifier. Like other spellcasters, a Blighter can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. His base daily spell allotment is given on Table: The Blighter. In addition, he receives bonus spells per day if he has a high Wisdom score. The Blighter does not have access to any domain spells or granted powers, as a cleric does. A Blighter prepares and casts spells the way a cleric does, though he cannot lose a prepared spell to cast a cure spell in its place. A Blighter may prepare and cast any spell on the Blighter spell list, provided that he can cast spells of that level, but he must choose which spells to prepare during his daily meditation. A Blighter can channel stored spell energy into summoning spells that she hasn’t prepared ahead of time. She can "lose" a prepared spell in order to cast any Summon Nature's Ally spell of the same level or lower. See Undying Fauna for details.
- Defiling: The Blighter is a defiler, and cannot cast spells without defiling.
- Undying Fauna: Starting at 1st level, whenever a Blighter castes a Summon Nature's Ally spell, the summoned creature has the corpse creature template (BoVD 185) applied to it.
- Tainted Aura (Su): The blighter is so tainted by his destructive ways that it is noticeable. People feel uncomfortable and wary when you are present and animals whimper when you approach. You suffer a –1 circumstance penalty to Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, and Handle Animal checks for every even level of Blighter you have. Likewise, you receive a +1 circumstance bonus to Intimidate checks for every odd level of Blighter gained. The tainted aura has a range of 5 feet per Blighter level.
- Razing Bonus Feat: At every even level you gain a bonus feat from the list of Razing feats. You must still meet all the prequisites of the feat in question.
- Sustenance (Ex): At 2nd level and higher, a blighter no longer needs food or water to survive.
- Blightfire: Starting at 2nd level, as a standard action, a Blighter can unleash a scorching blast of blightfire. This effect deals 1d4 points of negative energy damage and 1d4 points of fire damage to all creatures in a 10 foot burst (Reflex half; save DC is 10 + 1/2 class level + Wis modifier). Range is 10 feet per class level, and the damage increases by 1d4 points of negative energy damage and 1d4 points of fire damage at every even level to a max of 10d4 at 20th level. Creatures that fail the save catch fire.
- Contagious Touch (Su): At 3rd level and higher, a blighter can produce an effect like that of a contagious touch spell once per day. She gains one use per day of this ability for every two additional blighter levels she acquires.
- Speak with Dead Animal (Sp): Starting at 4th level, a blighter can converse with dead animals. This ability functions like a speak with dead spell cast by a cleric of a level equal to the blighter's class levels, except that it affects only corpses of animal creatures. It is usable at will.
- Undead Wild Shape (Su): At 5th level, the Blighter gains a version of the wild shape ability. Undead wild shape functions like the druid’s wild shape ability, except that the Blighter adds a version of the corpse creature template to the forms he chooses to transform into. The Blighter’ form is altered as follows:
— Type changes to undead.
— Natural armor bonus is increased based on size: Tiny or smaller +0, Small +1, Medium-size +2, Large +3, Huge +4, Gargantuan +6, Colossal +11
— +4 Strength, -2 Dexterity, no Constitution score.
— Winged shapes retain the ability to fly. However, maneuverability becomes clumsy.
— Darkvision (Ex): The Blighter gains darkvision out to 60 feet when wildshaped.
— Immunity to Cold (Ex): Undead wild shape grants the blighter immunity to cold damage.
— Damage reduction 5/bludgeoning.
Unlike a normal corpse creature, Undead Wild Shape does not grant a slam attack.
At 7th level, the Blighter gains the ability to change into a large animal. At 10th, a tiny animal. At 12th, plants. At 15th, huge animals. At 17th, small, medium, and large elementals. At 20th, huge elementals. When the Blighter gains the ability to Wild Shape into Plants or Elementals, he applies the undead changes detailed above to those creatures as well. At 5th, 9th, 13th, and 17th levels he gains two uses of his undead Wild Shape, with each use lasting for one hour. Treat this ability as Wild Shape for all prerequisites.
- Animate Dead Animal (Sp): This ability, gained at 6th level, functions like an animate dead spell, except that it affects only corpses of animal creatures and requires no material component. It is usable once per day.
- Plague (Su): At 8th level and higher, a blighter can spread disease over a large area. This ability functions like the contagious touch ability, except that no attack roll is required and it affects all targets the blighter designates within a 20-foot radius. This abilities uses the same pool of uses per day as contagious touch.
- Burning Disease (Su): On reaching 9th level, your Blightfire attack takes on a hideous disease. Opponents who fail the save against your blightfire are struck by a contagion spell cast at your caster level (choose the disease randomly). The creature does not get an initial save against the disease. In addition, any spell you cast that deals fire damage also inflicts contagion.
- Undying Horde (Ex): All undead animals created by a Blighter gain a +4 enhancement bonus to Strength and Dexterity and 2 additional hit points per Hit Die. In addition, when a Blighter uses the animate dead animal ability to create undead, she can control 4 + her Charisma bonus HD worth of undead animals per class level (rather than the 4 HD per level normally granted by the ability).
- Permanent Dustbowl (Ex): You are surrounded by a continual effect equivalent to a Dustbowl spell, although you can suppress or activate the effect as a full-round action.
Spells without books listed are from the PHB.
- First Babau Slime (SpC), Bane, Blood Wind (SpC), Burning Hands, Curse Water, Decomposition (Complete Divine), Detect Undead, Doom, Endure Elements, Ice Slick (Frost), Inflict Light Wounds, Invisibility to Animals, Lesser Shiving Touch (Frost), Magic Fang, Parching Touch (Sand), Produce Flame, Raging Flame (SpC), Ray of Enfeeblement, Rot of Ages (DrMagic) Silver Claws (BoED), Snowdrift (Frost), Snowsight (Frost), Summon Desert Ally I (Sand), Sunstroke (Sand), Wall of Smoke (SpC), Waste Strider (Sand)
- Second Align Fang (SpC), Ashstar (Sand), Black Sand (Sand), Blood Snow (Frost), Brumal Stiffening (Frost), Chill Metal, Chill Touch, Countermoon (SpC), Creeping Cold (CoDi, SpC), Darkness, Death Knell, Desiccate (Sand), Drifts of the Shalm (ash only) (PHBII), Fire Trap, Flaming Sphere, Freedom of Breath (Sand), Halo of Sand (Sand), Heartfire (SpC), Heat Leech (Frost), Heat Metal, Inflict Moderate Wounds, Lesser Frostburn (Frost), Obscuring Snow (Frost), Produce Flame, Protection from Desiccation (Sand), Resist Elements, Scimitar of Sand (Sand), Snow Walk (Frost), Summon Desert Ally II (Sand), Warp Wood
- Third Animate Dustform (see here), Arctic Frost (Frost), Artic Haze (Frost), Binding Snow (Frost), Body Blaze (Sand), Column of Ice (Frost), Contagion, Control Sand (Sand), Control Snow and Ice (Frost), Crumble (SpC), Deeper Darkness, Dehydrate (SpC), Diminish Plants, Dispel Magic, Inflict Serious Wounds, Flashfreeze (Frost), Haboob (Sand), Heatstroke (SpC), Hypothermia (SpC), Infestation of Maggots (CoDi, SpC), Greater Magic Fang, Ice Shape (Frost), Junglerazer (SpC), Lesser Aura of Cold (Frost), Numbing Sphere (Frost), Poison, Protection from Elements, Shivering Touch (Frost), Stinking Cloud, Soul of the Waste (Sand), Storm Mote (Sand), Summon Desert Ally III (Sand), Tormenting Thirst (Sand), Vampiric Touch, Whispering Sand (Sand), Zone of Glacial Cold (Frost)
- Fourth Antiplant Shell, Blast of Sand (Sand), Bleakness (PHBII), Blight, Bright Worms (PHBII), Contingent Energy Resistance (SpC), Death Ward, Dispel Water (Sand), Flame Strike, Freeze Armour (Frost), Frostburn (Frost), Greater Creeping Cold (SpC), Giant Vermin, Inflict Critical Wounds, Langour (Complete Divine), Miasma of Entropy (SpC), Mindfrost (Frost), Parboil (Sand), Pyroburst (PHBII), Repel Vermin, Rusting Grasp, Sandform (Sand), Searing Exposure (Sand), Skin of the Cactus (Sand), Slipsand (Sand), Starvation (SpC), Superior Magic Fang (SpC), Summon Desert Ally IV (Sand), Transmute Mud to Rock, Transmute Rock to Mud, Unholy Beast (CoR), Wall of Fire, Wall of Salt (Sand), Wall of Sand (Sand), Winter's Embrace (Frost), Wither (Sand), Wood Rot (SpC)
- Fifth Antilife Shell, Blizzard (Frost), Boreal Wind (Frost), Call Avalanche (Frost), Choking Sands (Sand), Cold Snap (SpC), Contagious Touch (Complete Divine), Death Ward, Dispel Fire (Frost), Flaywind Burst (Sand), Forbiddance, Flesh to Salt (Sand), Frostbite (Frost), Fuse Sand (Sand), Hibernate (Frost), Inferno (SpC), Mass Contagion (SpC), Mass Desiccate (Sand), Repel Wood, Sleep Mote (Sand), Snow Wave (Frost), Summon Desert Ally V (Sand), Transmute Sand to Glass (Sand), Harm, Transmute Sand to Stone (Sand), Transmute Stone to Sand (Sand), Toxic Weapon (PHBII), Unearthly Heat (Sand), Waves of Fatigue
- Sixth Acid Fog, Antipathy, Ashen Union (Sand), Awaken Sand (Sand), Chasing Perfection (PHBII), Circle of Death, Cometfall (SpC), Death Hail (Frost), Energy Immunity (SpC), Entomb (Frost), Enveloping Cocoon (SpC), Finger of Death, Fleshiver (SpC), Greater Dispel Magic, Heartfreeze (Frost), Ice Rift (Frost), Mass Frostburn (Frost), Miasma (SpC), Mummify (Sand), Sandstorm (Sand), Scalding Mud (Sand), Summon Desert Ally VI (Sand), Symbol of Thirst (Sand), Wall of Magma (Sand)
- Seventh Control Weather, Earthquake, Firestorm, Greater Aura of Cold (Frost), Mass Flesh to Salt (Sand), Mephit Mob (Sand), Miasma (CD), Plague (PHBII), Pulse of Hate (PHBII), Raise Ice Forest (Frost), Repel Metal or Stone, Repulsion, Slime Wave (SpC), Summon Desert Ally VII (Sand), Swamp Lumg (SpC), Vitrify (Sand), Whiteout (Frost), Wrack Earth (PHBII)
- Eighth Bodak's Glare (SpC), Deadfall (SpC), Desert Binding (Sand), Dustbowl (see here), Fimbulwinter (Frost), Frostfell (Frost), Glacier (Frost), Heat Drain (SpC), Horrid Wilting, Mass Death Ward (SpC), Mind Blank, Red Tide (SpC), Shambler, Storm of Vengeance, Summon Desert Ally VIII (Sand), Wall of Greater Dispel Magic
- Ninth Cast in Stone (SpC), Detonate (PHBII), Energy Drain, Enervating Breath (SpC), Foresight, Iceberg (Frost), Incendiary Cloud, Summon Desert Ally IX (Sand), Transmute Rock to Lava (SpC)