I am vaguely remembering a devel + restore XP exploit and wondering if someone could point me at the item/spells involved.
IIRC it went something like:
1. Be a level 20 wizard. (for example, its not the only way to do it, can be a bit lower level and a different class)
2. Use [item/spell that makes item], recording your current memories/level/XP against potential losses
3. get a reliable controlled source of level drain.
4. level drain yourself to 19 negative levels.
5. choose to intentionally fail saving throws, you are now truly level 1 in every way.
6. touch [item], you are instantly restored to the same XP as before, but not automatically restored to the same class and levels. You now level up with whatever classes you choose. such as level 1 wizard + level 19 sorcerer, or level 19 psion, or level 19 cleric, or level 19 druid, or level 19 artificer.
7. when done doing whatever needed that other class, repeat the process and return to your default build
Does someone else recognize this and can tell me which item/spell was involved in this?