After my previous character was removed from existence by a deity... I rolled up a Half-orc "Bloodrager"... she's really just 1st Lv Bloodrager, 6th Lv Magus, and the remaining 13 Levels planned to be straight Sorcerer... however, the Evangelist prC was recently brought to my attention and I'm actually curious as to if the it might be worth it to build into... We are currently Lv10, and the DM will allow me to take the Deific Obedience Feat at Lv11 to qualify for Evangelist at Lv11, so I'd be taking my remaining 10 levels as Evangelist if I go this route...
My Current Build:
Enlightened Bloodrager:1/Eldritch Scion Magus:6/Crossblooded Sorcerer:3
Bloodrager Bloodline: Elemental[Fire]
Eldritch Scion Bloodline: Elemental[Fire]
Sorcerer Bloodlines: Elemental[Fire] & Orc (Selecting Orc bloodline powers at each level)
Favored Class: Magus & Sorcerer (Eclectic)
Fire God's Blessing (DM Allowed Gorum to quality)
Blooded Arcane Strike
Mad Magic (Magus Bonus Feat)
She is a very heavy melee focused character, with spells used largely to enhance her combat ability, and the bonus of being able to add in Spellstrike to make her hits even more devastating...
I had originally planned to take Vital Strike at 11th Level and the finish up my Feats with Extra Rage at 13th, Devastating Strike at 15th, Maximize Spell at 17th, and Improved Vital Strike at 19th...
if I take Evangelist, I'd be dropping Maximize Spell off my feat list and it'll delay my Vital Strike feat progression a bit...
Depending on if Aligned Class qualifies for Sorcerer Favored Class progression or not, I might retrain Eclectic and replace it with Extra Rage to allow me to get my Vital Strike feat progression completed earlier... and that will open up an extra feat to possibly take Maximize Spell again (or something else that might fit)...
From what I can see on my own it looks like the pros and cons of going evangalist are:Pros
- Max BAB +14 vs +11
- d8 vs d6 HD
- 6+INT skills vs 2+INT
- +2 Dodge to AC
- Gorum's Obediance bonus (I think it was an atk or damage bonus, don't have the book in front of me atm)
- +4 Sacred bonus to untrained skill checks
- Know(Religion), Diplomacy, Heal, +2 bonus Skills as Class Skills
- CL 12 vs CL 13 Sorcerer spells
- Delayed Bloodline progression 1 level
- loss of 13th lv bloodline feat
- loss of 13th lv bloodline spell
- Required daily deific obedience
- Feat requirement
- possible loss of Favored Class Bonus (+6 damage to Fire Damage spells)
- +4 Str vs +6 Str from Strength of Beasts bloodline power
- Suffer Light Sensitivity for 1 extra level (Orc Bloodline Arcana)
As it stands... I'm not really sure if the pros outweigh the cons on this one... The loss of 1CL doesn't have a major impact on me, since I'm already giving up 7CLs of Sorcerer for 6Lv Magus and 1Lv Bloodrager...