Author Topic: [PF] Rogue/Alchemist options  (Read 82 times)

Offline faeryn

• Dedicated Spellthief: stealing all your spells
    • View Profile
[PF] Rogue/Alchemist options
« on: May 14, 2019, 10:27:09 PM »
I'm playing a Tinkerer Alchemist in a side campaign, and I'm considering taking some levels in Rogue as well... however I've got a bit of a dilemma, and I'd like to know if there are any alternative options available to accomplish the same ends.

While looking at Rogue, I ran across a few very promising Archetypes that fit my character. I'd really like to take the Carnivalist archetype to improve on her Clockwork Familiar by allowing it to deliver sneak attacks. The familiar has the Mauler archetype already, so it'll have no issues flanking to qualify for Sneak Attack. Additionally the Scout archetype looks like a promising option to give a reliable way to deliver ranged Sneak Attacks although it doesn't really help until 8 levels in... And then there is the Underground Chemist archetype giving Sneak Attack to my bombs and splash weapons, as well as continuing to grant a bonus to my Craft(Alchemy)...

Now here is the source of my dilemma... Carnivalist & Underground Chemist both replace 4th Lv Rogue Talent... so I'm unable to take both together... and there-in lies the problem... in order to make levels of rogue worth-while for the build I really need to be able to continue progression of her Familiar, apply Sneak Attack to Bombs, and have my Familiar capable of Sneak Attack...

So, my question: What other options exist for getting Sneak Attack to a Familiar &/or Splash Weapons?

Open to Feats, Rogue Talents, Alchemist Discoveries, Archetypes, Magic Items... anything really... I'm not as concerned about the Familiar progression as being able to get SA on both familiar and bombs... I can easily just get something like Familiar Bond or Eldritch Heritage [Arcane] to progress the familiar.

Side question: Are there any better alternatives than Scout for reliable ranged Sneak Attack?
Side question #2: Would the Scout's Charge ability apply to a Carnivalist's Familiar as well to qualify it for Sneak Attack on a charge?