Rakdos Roustabout"Life's too short to not do the things you love."
- Juri, Human Rakdos Roustabout
TextMaking an Rakdos Roustabout
As Barbarian.Starting Age:
As Barbarian.Table 1: The Rakdos Roustabout
Hit Die: d12
Level BAB Ref Fort Will Abilities Maneuvers Known Readied Stances Known
1 +1 +2 +2 +0 Improved Sunder, Sadism 3 3 1
2 +2 +3 +3 +0 Spectacle - The Final Act 4 3 1
3 +3 +3 +3 +1 Nihilistic Glee, Hellbent 5 3 1
4 +4 +4 +4 +1 Spectacle - Wrecking Ball 5 4 2
5 +5 +4 +4 +1 Unleash, Get The Party Started 6 4 2
6 +6 +5 +5 +2 Spectacle - Twinstrike 6 4 2
7 +7 +5 +5 +2 Taste for Mayhem, Madcap Skill 7 4 2
8 +8 +6 +6 +2 Spectacle - Light Up the Stage 7 4 2
9 +9 +6 +6 +3 Brain Auger, Dead Revels 8 4 2
10 +10 +7 +7 +3 Spectacle - Ignorant Bliss 8 5 3
11 +11 +7 +7 +3 Launch Party, Slaughterhouse Bouncer 9 5 3
12 +12 +8 +8 +4 Spectacle - Anthemic Performance 9 5 3
13 +13 +8 +8 +4 Captive Audience 10 5 3
14 +14 +9 +9 +4 Spectacle - Lust for Pain 10 5 3
15 +15 +9 +9 +5 Act of Treason 11 6 3
16 +16 +10 +10 +5 Spectacle - Group Act 11 6 4
17 +17 +10 +10 +5 Pain Magnification 12 6 4
18 +18 +11 +11 +6 Spectacle - Drill Bit 12 6 4
19 +19 +11 +11 +6 Havoc Festival 13 6 4
20 +20 +12 +12 +6 Spectacle - Showstopper 13 7 4Class skills (6 + Int modifier per level, x4 at first level):
Balance, Climb, Disable Device, Escape Artist, Heal, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Perform, Ride, Sleight of Hand, Spot, Swim, Tumble, Use Rope Class Features
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Rakdos Roustabouts are proficient with all simple and martial weapons, light and medium armours, and all shields except tower.
- Maneuvers: A Rakdos Roustabout uses maneuvers as the Warblade, except that he does not recover maneuvers as does a Warblade. He recovers maneuvers as designated in his abilities below, or via the generic means available to all classes. He knows Desert Wind, Iron Heart, Stone Dragon, Tiger Claw as his disciplines.
- Improved Sunder: The Rakdos Roustabout gains this as a bonus feat at first level, regardless of if he meets the requirements.
- Sadism (Ex): Every street’s a stage, and every screaming bystander an audience. When the Rakdos Roustabout charges, makes a full attack, or uses a maneuver, he gains the frightful presence ability for that round. Each enemy within a 20-foot radius must succeed on a Will save (DC 10 + ½ Rakdos Roustabout level + his Strength modifier) or be shaken for 1 minute. Regardless of its success or failure on the saving throw, any creature exposed to this effect is immune to the Rakdos Roustabout’s frightful presence for the next 24 hours. This is an extraordinary morale effect.
- Spectacle (Ex): When the blood sprays and the crowd cackles in delight, that is when the Rakdos Roustabout comes alive. Spectacles require performing an act in front of a crowd of people, and grant greater benefits based on the size of the crowd. A crowd bonus is set at the time the triggering act occurs, and does not change for the duration of the encounter. All ongoing Spectacle effects end at the end of the encounter, if they do not end sooner.
- The Final Act: If the Rakdos Roustabout successfully takes a creature from positive hit points to destroyed or dead in a single blow, he may choose to recover one maneuver per point of crowd bonus.
- Wrecking Ball: If the Rakdos Roustabout successfully destroys an item with a sunder attempt, he may immediately make an Intimidate check to demoralize one foe per point of crowd bonus within 20 feet as a free action.
- Twinstrike: If the Rakdos Roustabout successfully hits two different enemies with two different strike maneuvers in the same round and becomes hellbent (expended every maneuver he has readied) as a result of expending those maneuvers, he may make an extra attack at his highest base attack bonus against those two enemies if they are within weapon range.
- Light Up the Stage: It’s the unexpected parts that make a performance truly shine. If the Rakdos Roustabout has expended every maneuver that he has readied, once per encounter he may use a single strike maneuver that he knows but has not readied. The maximum level of maneuver he can use is equal to the crowd bonus.
- Ignorant Bliss: There’s only so much mind a member of the Rakdos can actually have. If the Rakdos Roustabout saves against a spell or ability requiring a Will save, he gains a bonus on Will saves equal to his crowd bonus for the duration of the encounter.
- Anthemic Performance: There’s always onlookers too scared to join in. If the Rakdos Roustabout successfully affects aids another, one ally per point of crowd bonus may choose to gain the benefit of his Madcap Skill and Sadism abilities for the duration of the encounter.
- Lust for Pain: Why let a little hurt stop the show? If the Rakdos Roustabout is struck by a single blow that deals more than 25% of his maximum hit points, he gains damage reduction equal to twice his crowd bonus for the duration of the encounter.
- Group Act: The more, the bloodier. For every 10 points of damage an ally within 30 feet of the Rakdos Roustabout takes in a given round, all other allies within 30 feet gain a +1 luck bonus on attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks made in the following round. If this ability triggers multiple times in a round, use the highest result. The benefits do not stack.
- Drill Bit: If the Rakdos Roustabout has expended every maneuver that he has readied, whenever he successfully hits an enemy spellcaster, that spellcaster loses one spell per point of crowd bonus of the highest level he has access to. If he does not prepare spells, he loses one spell per day of the highest level he has access to per point of crowd bonus.
- Showstopper: No matter how great the shows, there’s always an end. If the Rakdos Roustabout is reduced below 1 hit point, one enemy per point of crowd bonus within 30 ft. must make a Fortitude save vs 10 + ½ Rakdos Roustabout level + his Constitution modifier or be destroyed. This can affect creatures immune to death effects, including undead and constructs.
- Nihilistic Glee (Ex): All ends in obliteration—love in hatred, life in death, and light in empty darkness. But not before the Rakdos Roustabout has had a hand in the matter. If he has expended every maneuver that he has readied, he may lose one hit point per maneuver level as an immediate action to ready any one strike maneuver he has expended. If he still has maneuvers readied, he may expend a readied maneuver as an immediate action to heal a number of hit points equal to the maneuver’s level.
- Hellbent (Ex): There might be a limit out there somewhere, but if the Rakdos Roustabout ever finds it, he’ll burst right through and keep on going. The Rakdos Roustabout has a bonus to attack and damage rolls equal to the number of maneuvers he has expended. If he has expended every maneuver that he has readied, he may make one additional attack per round at his highest base attack bonus.
- Unleash (Ex): Cautious tactics and thoughtful strategy have no place in the world of the Rakdos Roustabout. Only the complete commitment to the performance is allowed. At the beginning of each encounter, the Rakdos Roustabout must choose whether to unleash himself or not. If he does unleash himself, he may not use any Stances, Counters, or Boosts for the duration of the encounter, and any that are active cease immediately. He must attack the nearest enemy each turn if able. If he takes the full attack action, the Rakdos Roustabout can instead use two strikes in place of that action.
- Get The Party Started (Ex): Someone has to set the mood, and that someone is the Rakdos Roustabout. He receives a bonus on initiative checks equal to ½ his class level.
- Madcap Skill (Ex): One at a time is hardly a challenge. Bring them all on! Any creature in melee range of the Rakdos Roustabout who does not have at least one ally in melee range of the Rakdos Roustabout is shaken.
- Taste for Mayhem (Ex): There’s just something about destruction that makes the Rakdos Roustabout perk up in the morning. If the Rakdos Roustabout has expended every maneuver that he has readied, each time he successfully strikes an opponent, he may choose to use his attack and damage rolls to sunder one item the opponent possesses. This is in addition to the attack that successfully struck his opponent.
- Brain Auger (Su): Great minds bleed alike. By expending a readied maneuver as a swift action, he may make a spellcaster within melee range loses a single spell known (or spell per day, if a spontaneous caster) of a level equal to or less than the level of the expended maneuver.
- Dead Revels (Ex): At a Rakdos event, the guests are only as dead as they feel. If the Rakdos Roustabout has expended every maneuver that he has readied, he is not treated as disabled at 0 hit points, nor is he treated as dying at —1 to —9 hit points. Even if reduced to —10 hit points or less, he continues to fight normally until he recovers a maneuver or the encounter ends. At that point, the effects of his wounds apply normally if they have not been healed. This ability does not prevent death from massive damage or from spell effects such as slay living or disintegrate.
- Launch Party (Ex): Allies are nice. Dead enemies are even better. By expending a maneuver, the Rakdos Roustabout can give one willing ally (including himself) a fly speed of twice the Rakdos Roustabout's speed with Average maneuverability. At the end of the round, that ally loses flying and falls to the ground, if they have not landed safely.
- Slaughterhouse Bouncer (Su): A party is a flop if anyone lives to talk about it. If the Rakdos Roustabout is unleashed, whenever the Rakdos Roustabout uses a strike maneuver, he can substitute that maneuver for a Setting Sun strike maneuver of equivalent or lower level. He receives a +4 bonus on any trip, grapple, bull rush, or overrun checks made as part of the Setting Sun maneuver.
- Captive Audience (Ex): A performance is no good if the audience can outrun the performers. If the Rakdos Roustabout is unleashed, he doubles his movement speed until he is no longer unleashed.
- Act of Treason (Su): Why fight the party, when you can join with it? By expending a readied maneuver as a swift action, the Rakdos Roustabout tries to convince an enemy to join the party. The enemy receivees a Will save against 10 + ½ Rakdos Roustabout level + his Charisma modifier or be dominated for two rounds. This works on undead, but not constructs. A creature must have Intelligence of at least 3 to be affected.
- Pain Magnification (Su): The Rakdos make sure their victims remember their pain — or at least give up a little bit of their sanity in order to forget. Any time a foe within 30 ft. of the Rakdos Roustabout is struck for 15 or more damage, they must make a Will save against 10 + damage dealt or be staggered for one round.
- Havoc Festival (Su): Why survive for tomorrow when you can party for today? If the Rakdos Roustabout has expended every maneuver that he has readied, all creatures within 30 ft. recieve no benefit from any healing, fast healing, or regeneration ability. In addition, at the beginning of their turn, each creature must make a Fortitude save against 10 + ½ Rakdos Roustabout level + his Strength modifier or lose half their remaining hit points.
Unused abilities:Rain of Gore (Su):
At a Rakdos party, the Rakdos Roustabout ensures that everyone checks out on time. Any creature successfully struck by the Rakdos Roustabout with a strike maneuver receives no benefit from a spell of the healing subschool for one round per level of the maneuver.
If the Rakdos Roustabout has expended every maneuver that he has readied, enemies within melee range of the Rakdos Roustabout take a penalty on saves equal to one half the bonus to attack and damage rolls granted by Hellbent.