Author Topic: The Game!  (Read 1230 times)

Offline skydragonknight

  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • ****
  • Posts: 2085
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2019, 07:02:03 PM »
Tanya gives half the chocolate spheres to the little girl monster, stowing the other half for later. Surely this counts as food?

"Food, as requested. Did you have a name little one?"
Hmm.

Offline Nanshork

  • Homebrew Reviewer
  • *****
  • Posts: 12308
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2019, 08:53:59 PM »
"Personally I would assign the letter T instead of P for that particular instance, changing that word to Extensive.  Otherwise your interpretation matches mine," the elf says to his professorial companion.  "I am Ceir Zhenmess, a scholar of many sciences."

He then gets distracted by the appearance of the candy. 

"Please note that 'Chocolate Prismatic Spheres' are magical, I would suggest caution if they are to be ingested.  In addition, that brand has never existed upon any plane that I am familiar with."

Offline VennDygrem

  • Epic Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 4439
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2019, 11:59:11 PM »
Razor pokes around the debris, finding little of interest among the rubble and bodies. He sighs again.

"Do we go from here, now? There is nothing for us here, yes?"

Offline skydragonknight

  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • ****
  • Posts: 2085
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2019, 06:54:49 AM »
Food delivered, Tanya starts moving in another direction. "The main entrance is in this way."
Hmm.

Offline Nytemare3701

  • Honorary Mod
  • *****
  • Posts: 1514
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2019, 04:17:48 PM »
With minimal effort, you ascend the slope that makes up the crater's edge and get a better look at the surrounding area. You can see in the distance to the south and east a coastline, with plains to the north and west.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
Extended Sig Index
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=4358.0

I'm a Game Design consultant. PM me if you want advice on your game!
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=9765.0

Offline dman

  • Full Member
  • **
  • Posts: 140
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2019, 05:13:05 PM »
"Forgive me, gentlemen.  I'm terribly hungrl... SSSSSHHHHLLLKKK" A loud slurping sound issues from Professor Slake as he clumsily attempts to prevent prodigious gobs of saliva from gushing through his hands onto the floor. 

He sighs - looking down at his dripping sleeves and hands- his visage creased in embarrassment and guilt. "You see.  I'm not simply a scientist at this facility.  I'm also a "resident."  My role here is somewhat ambiguous.  It seems to fluctuate between partner, asset, and prisoner.  Suffice it to say my fundamental nature is not humanoid.  I can gain nutrition from this organic material."  He gestures at the remains of the former staff members.

"For the sake of our mutual interest and safety I would be most obliged if you would indulge me to . . . feed for just a minute."

An edge creeps into his voice as Slake looks up eyes gleaming with hunger for a moment.
He quickly regains his composure. 

"But of course you have first choice, little lady."  He nods at the small girl with horns.



"Please excuse me a moment.  If you suspect you might be disturbed it would be a good idea to look away."  The professor walks to the other side of the commissary.  Giant brown tentacles erupt from under his lab coat.  Squid-like paddles overturn chairs as they eagerly shovel piles of offal into gaping radial maws large enough to swallow multiple bodies at a time.  The grisly feast is over almost as quickly at it had begun.  After a deep rumbling blech the now much plumper professor walks back eyeing his companions warily.

"I assume we may proceed now?"



 

Offline skydragonknight

  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • ****
  • Posts: 2085
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2019, 08:37:49 PM »
Tanya leans towards the little monster girl and whispers. "Chocolate tastes better than people."
Hmm.

Offline VennDygrem

  • Epic Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 4439
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2019, 09:52:28 PM »
Razor knows nothing of the area surrounding the crater. The breeze, at least, is refreshing... yet somewhat alien given their unfamiliar, disguised form. The feeling of their hair blowing in the wind is almost disconcerting, but there are more important matters.

"Freedom is appreciated... but where is here? What place is this? I do not know these lands."

Free of the rubble, the dancer lives up to their talents as they tumble about effortlessly atop the edge of the crater.

Offline Raineh Daze

  • Epic Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 10120
  • Believe in Justice...
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2019, 10:23:41 AM »
Tiny looks at the chocolate curiously, then back down at the pile of bodies... before opening her mouth almost surprisingly wide and swallowing the proffered treats at once.
... and Hold a Determination to Fist.
-What happens if you don't check taglines with native speakers

Offline Nytemare3701

  • Honorary Mod
  • *****
  • Posts: 1514
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2019, 09:03:26 PM »
The chocolates burst as soon as they enter your mouth as if under a slight pressure, releasing a burst of liquid from the centers that have a variety of effects. Citrus dominates, with notes of cinnamon and a flavor you can't quite place.

(click to show/hide)
Extended Sig Index
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=4358.0

I'm a Game Design consultant. PM me if you want advice on your game!
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=9765.0

Offline Raineh Daze

  • Epic Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 10120
  • Believe in Justice...
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2019, 01:12:49 PM »
Tiny munches thoughtfully, enjoying the flavours, but noting: "They sting a little."

Which was one way of putting "fatal to your average person".

(click to show/hide)
... and Hold a Determination to Fist.
-What happens if you don't check taglines with native speakers

Offline VennDygrem

  • Epic Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 4439
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2019, 01:16:57 PM »
Razor observes the girl consume the treats. Their stomach rumbles faintly, reminding them that they passed up the opportunity to feed again. They are thankful that they don't need to feed more than once a week to survive, but they may start to get a bit grumpy without a proper meal soon.

Razor pushes this thought to the back of their mind and waits for an answer to their questioning.

Offline Skyrock

  • Hero Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 524
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2019, 02:56:35 PM »
"Welcome to the wide open, ladies and gentlemen, and you too, horned waif lusting after spicy prismatic treats. Right now, ifyou are willing to look down, you are looking at the sad remains of Yarkuun Draal, a place nowadays only noteworthy for its transdimensional seal barring any planar travel, a quality making it a natural fit for a Scions of the Consecrated Path site, but of very little interest to anyone else or to our immediate concerns.

For the latter, I recommend that we shall take a stroll 80 miles north until we hit the road, and then another stroll 200 miles west from there to get to Sharn. Being one of the most populous cities of the known world inhabiting over 200,000 souls, it should provide us with both plenty of cover for our stranger fellow travellers, and rumors and information on the surrounding lands to make the most of their new-won freedom, so I recommend we take steps towards there.

Any further questions to me before I try to track down our tour guide towards Sharn?"

Offline skydragonknight

  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • ****
  • Posts: 2085
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2019, 02:59:43 PM »
Tanya translates. "Look where sun sets, turn right. Walk. Find big road. Go left."
Hmm.

Offline Nanshork

  • Homebrew Reviewer
  • *****
  • Posts: 12308
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2019, 06:59:01 PM »
"If we are to rejoin civilization, I would suggest that we get to know each other and that those of you who are less...usual try to stay near one of us until we have properly ascertained the situation that we have found ourselves in," Ceir says and gestures at Tanya.  "It is very likely that we will be hunted, as the cause of this catastrophe if for not for your natures."

The "wizard" is the only one who hasn't made it clear that they are a Subject, and given the compound they just escaped from Ceir isn't convinced that anyone looking like that would have been a member of the Scions.

Offline VennDygrem

  • Epic Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 4439
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2019, 01:04:14 PM »
Razor looks between Ceir and Tanya, then stands near the soldier-for-hire.

"We have a contract. I will stay near this one. Or I can stay near the talking one if you make a contract with me." They extend their sharp-nailed hand out toward Ceir in offer.

Offline Nanshork

  • Homebrew Reviewer
  • *****
  • Posts: 12308
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2019, 03:00:42 PM »
"If you are offering to pay me, that is not necessary. My assumption was that we will travel together, I was speaking of the fact that it would probably be best if you do not wander off by yourself. Traveling together will allow me time for proper observation, and after having seen how the Scions perform their experiments I would be glad to help keep Subjects out of their grasp."

Offline VennDygrem

  • Epic Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 4439
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2019, 03:31:28 PM »
Razor slowly retracts their hand, then looks down at it and back to Ceir.

"So... a non-money contract. I am accept. Talking-person can observe during travel to 'civilization' and it is keeps non-people from Scions."

The dancer nods and seems pleased with the situation. They have made startling progress in their Common-language conversation should in a short period of time already, though clearly not yet perfect. How long would it take for them to become fluent enough to pass for human? The 280 mile journey will provide some opportunity to improve further, at any rate. They glance over the group for a long moment before once again introducing themselves.

"I am Razor. This is good to meet of you."

Offline Nanshork

  • Homebrew Reviewer
  • *****
  • Posts: 12308
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2019, 08:39:52 PM »
Ceir smiles, and for once manages to tone down his language and speak simply.  "I agree to your non-money contract.  I am Ceir Zhenmess, it is good to meet you too."

Offline dman

  • Full Member
  • **
  • Posts: 140
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2019, 12:04:17 AM »
"Are we to form an association?"  The professor's disproportionate eyes light up, and a wide grin stretches across his face.  "Excellent!" He claps his hands together resulting in a boom incommensurate with their size and glances around sheepishly for a moment. 

"I am Salgrumionuous Slake - professor, test subject, field agent, mobile weapons platform, and genetic library, and this is my compatriot and creation, Hal-El Tueor."  He gestures to the Scion agent who's form immediately melts away revealing a bright white winged, ivory skinned humanoid.   

"Hello."  The angel's liquid gold eyes shine with an intense kindness that is matched by his melodic voice.  The light radiating from Hal-El embraces each member with thick warm blanket of palpable goodness that evokes feelings of deep peace and safety to those that welcome it.

(click to show/hide)

"I am pleased to meet you." He smiles genuinely and extends his hand first to the little girl.

Slake continues.  "My particular species is known colloquially as a deepspawn - mysterious manipulators and power brokers within the underdark.  Personally, I am told that I tend to be a bit too open and trusting.  Whether its my Scion programming, desire to be accepted, or simply a personal peculiarity of my constitution I have not yet discernedt.  At any rate it seems I am something of an aberration among my kind."  He pauses and smiles at his own cleverness. "Forgive my pretentiousness.  We'll have plenty of time to talk on the journey.  Suffice it to say that I am eager to engage in a mutual society of study, protection, and purpose and to get to know each of you."

Slake nods to each member of the group:
"Razor..."
"Woman..."
"Little girl..."
"Magister..."
"Mr. Zhenmess..."