Author Topic: The Game!  (Read 1052 times)

Offline Raineh Daze

  • Epic Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 10108
  • Believe in Justice...
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2019, 10:18:38 AM »
"Those bones are too old to taste good," Tiny added, nodding and... mostly ignoring the Professor. It all sounded terribly confusing. Maybe he could do something like her magic item eating trick? That had confused some of the underground people.
... and Hold a Determination to Fist.
-What happens if you don't check taglines with native speakers

Offline Nytemare3701

  • Honorary Mod
  • *****
  • Posts: 1502
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2019, 09:26:20 PM »
Finding nothing further of note at the gravesite, you continue north towards the road. Conveniently, the wagon left a shallow trail in the grass that hasn't been completely overturned by wildlife and weather, so keeping your bearings remains trivial.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Extended Sig Index
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=4358.0

I'm a Game Design consultant. PM me if you want advice on your game!
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=9765.0

Offline dman

  • Full Member
  • **
  • Posts: 138
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2019, 10:15:58 PM »
"I say, gentleman.  I think I saw something move in the tall grass over there.  Did you see it?"

Offline VennDygrem

  • Epic Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 4428
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2019, 11:22:50 PM »
Razor's eyes narrow.

"Yes... movement over there. Two things, I see. If alone, I do a hunt for the hunters. What do we do for us all?"

Online Skyrock

  • Hero Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 509
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2019, 06:59:06 PM »
"I did survey it indeed. Seems like pack-hunting animals hiding in the grass, although it is hard to surmise their number or intent regarding us."

Offline Nanshork

  • Homebrew Reviewer
  • *****
  • Posts: 12248
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2019, 08:57:19 PM »
"When pack-hunting animals are keeping track of us, it is safe to surmise that we are being hunted by a pack," Ceir chimes in.

Offline dman

  • Full Member
  • **
  • Posts: 138
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2019, 01:10:44 AM »
"In that case let's have a look around us. Mayhaps, the ones in front WANT to be seen.". Slake makes it a point to look around behind. One is his eyes pops out - extending up on a long stalk and swivels around.
(click to show/hide)

"As usual your deduction is correct, Ceir. It appears we are being hunted. The creatures have us surrounded, and given their coordination they are either fantastically practiced in their approach or perhaps directly communicating through some imperceptible means.  I believe altering our normal movements slightly, directing our attacks at their crania, and fixing a mental image of them as yellow water fowl will grant us a decided advantage should we choose to engage."

(click to show/hide)

"Any other suggestions for tactics?"
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 09:54:49 AM by dman »

Offline VennDygrem

  • Epic Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 4428
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2019, 11:42:13 PM »
Razor contorts into a graceful, if disturbing, configuration, balancing on its finger tips as easily as their feet. A grim grin settles on their face.

"Tactics? ... Bleed them dry."

Offline Nytemare3701

  • Honorary Mod
  • *****
  • Posts: 1502
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2019, 10:41:04 PM »
Realizing that they have been spotted, the creatures abandon stealth and let out a roar heard just as much inside your head as through your ears as they prepare to charge from all directions.


(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 09:06:59 PM by Nytemare3701 »
Extended Sig Index
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=4358.0

I'm a Game Design consultant. PM me if you want advice on your game!
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=9765.0

Offline Nanshork

  • Homebrew Reviewer
  • *****
  • Posts: 12248
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2019, 11:05:15 PM »
Ceir curses himself for losing his alchemical items in the rubble and not preparing new ones.

He sizes up the closest creature, then quickly draws his crossbow and shoots it.

(click to show/hide)

Offline skydragonknight

  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • ****
  • Posts: 2064
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2019, 06:47:15 AM »
Tanya changes her stance, cloaking her body in cloud to effectively increase her size, and takes the initiative to charge the southwestern one, forgoing her usual defense to aim for a decisive strike.  She feels like she is a bit out of practice.

(click to show/hide)
Hmm.

Offline Nytemare3701

  • Honorary Mod
  • *****
  • Posts: 1502
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2019, 06:37:41 PM »
The Northeast Croc takes the bolt in the leg but continues forward undeterred, not even bothering to change targets from the closest person.
The Southwest Croc shrugs off Tanya's strike and lunges forward to snap back, taking a more solid retaliatory hit in the process. (-30HP)
(click to show/hide)
The remaining Crocs close the distance, but don't get quite into range.
Extended Sig Index
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=4358.0

I'm a Game Design consultant. PM me if you want advice on your game!
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=9765.0

Offline dman

  • Full Member
  • **
  • Posts: 138
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2019, 08:14:51 PM »
Slake squeezes his eyes closed in focused concentration.  His body tenses and balloons out in bizarre bulges that pinch and undulate in increasingly wild spasms until:  SPLRASH!
(click to show/hide)

A large webbed aberration bursts out of Professor Slakes Body and flies up above the professor.  It begins ululating a deep resonant song that seems to take root in your belly.  It builds as an image of an ancient regal dragon appears unbidden in your mind.  The sensation rises from your belly to your limbs as you see the dragon take flight.  In your mind's eye it suddenly rears back its head, opens its jaws, and FWOOSH!  As dragon fire surges out of the wyrm's mouth you feel the same ancient fire ignite your limbs and weapons.
(click to show/hide)
.

(click to show/hide)

   
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 08:43:18 PM by dman »

Offline Raineh Daze

  • Epic Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 10108
  • Believe in Justice...
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2019, 11:22:57 PM »
Tiny looks at the closest crocodile, blinking a few times. More meat on these than the bones... and they were going for the nice talkative people! It was the second time that the child displayed some idea of her capabilities, charging for the crocodile, and mouth growing, growing... it seemed her plan was "eat the enemy first".

(click to show/hide)
... and Hold a Determination to Fist.
-What happens if you don't check taglines with native speakers

Offline Nytemare3701

  • Honorary Mod
  • *****
  • Posts: 1502
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2019, 03:22:28 AM »
The Crocs aren't particularly fond of their carefully laid out ambush being interrupted by a flying interloper, but don't have much they can do about it for now.

Tiny's attack encounters a hide just a LITTLE tougher than she was expecting, scraping harmlessly off the side instead of getting purchase. (missed AC, but barely)
Extended Sig Index
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=4358.0

I'm a Game Design consultant. PM me if you want advice on your game!
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=9765.0

Online Skyrock

  • Hero Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 509
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #95 on: November 10, 2019, 08:37:44 AM »
The Magister moves 10' south and 5' east to remain in cover behind the melee types, grabbing a piece of licorice root from his component pouch and performing a spell with it. Suddenly, all his nearby compatriots feel energized and quickened.

(click to show/hide)

Offline dman

  • Full Member
  • **
  • Posts: 138
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2019, 10:19:13 AM »
Hal-El looks to the heavens and begins praying.  "Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.  Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil!"  You feel a holy power rest on you and give you confidence for the fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline VennDygrem

  • Epic Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 4428
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2019, 06:39:55 PM »
Razor bears both hands at its sides, hands locked in rigid form as it begins tumbling toward the nearest croc. Its eyes fade into a hazy, pale yellow hue which covers the entirety of each eye. Razor thrusts forward with a single jab as its hand briefly transforms into a blade-like appendage... but finds the creature's hide too tough to breach.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Nanshork

  • Homebrew Reviewer
  • *****
  • Posts: 12248
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2019, 08:51:58 PM »
Ceir doesn't like how this is going at all.  He decides that shooting the creature isn't good enough and decides that it's time to fall back on his alchemy.

He reloads his crossbow, then pulls a few different components out of his pockets and crafts a small explosive that he hurls at the nearest psychic crocodile.

(click to show/hide)

Offline skydragonknight

  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • ****
  • Posts: 2064
    • View Profile
Re: The Game!
« Reply #99 on: November 11, 2019, 02:08:54 AM »
Tanya, concerned that her initial attack was a failure, recovers her defensive pose she had previously forsaken and performs a quick one-two punch before moving back towards her allies.

Current stats:
(click to show/hide)

Actions:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 02:42:36 AM by skydragonknight »
Hmm.