Author Topic: Achaierai  (Read 4740 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Achaierai
« on: November 07, 2011, 05:26:20 AM »
Achaierai

HD:d8
LevelBabFortRefWillFeature
1+1+2+2+0Bird body, Hit and Run, +1 Str, +1 Con
2+2+3+3+0Beak Snatch, Long Legs
3+3+3+3+1Disrupting Feathers, Black Cloud
4+4+4+4+1Growth, Powerful Legs, +1 Str, +1 Con
5+5+4+4+1Maddening Cloud, +1 Str, +1 Con
Skills:6+int modifier per level, quadruple at 1st level. Its class skills are Balance, Climb, Diplomacy, Listen, Move Silently, Hide, Jump, Sense Motive, Spot

Proficiencies:
Its own natural weapons.

Bird Body:The Achaierai at first level loses all other racial bonus and gains outsider traits (basicaly darkvision 60 feet). It's a medium sized outsider with base speed 40 feet, two claw natural attacks dealing 1d8+ Str mod each and a bite attack dealing 3d6+1/2 Str mod. He takes no penalty for attacking with both claws in a fullattack, but the bite attack takes a -5 penalty. It has no limbs capable of fine manipulation.

In adition, the Achaierai gains a bonus to its natural armor equal to its Con bonus.

Hit and Run: At 1st level the Achaierai gains spring attack as a bonus feat, even if it doesn't meet the prerequisites.

Beak Snatch: At 2nd level whenever the Achaierai hits an oponent with its bite attack, it may start a grapple as a free action whitout provoking attacks of oportunity. If the achaierai wins, and the oponent's weight doesn't push the Achaierai over its Light Load, the Achaierai may maintain the grapple with just its beak whitout taking any grappling penalty, including moving at full speed with its prey on the beak.

Long Legs: at 2nd level the Achaierai gains +5 feet to it's base speed and for every 2 HD it has.

Disrupting Feathers: At 3rd level the Achaierai gains SR equal to 11+HD. It may raise or drop its SR at any time as a free action.

Black Cloud: At 3rd level,  1/day per 3 HD as a standard action, the Achaierai may release a choking, toxic black cloud. All other creatures within 10 feet instantly take 1d6 points of damage for every 3HD of the Achaierai. This damage bypasses all resistances and immunities.

At 6 HD it may use this ability as a move action.

At 9 HD as a swift action.

At 12 HD as an immediate action.

Growth:At 4t level the Achaierai grows to large size.

Powerful Legs: at 4th level, the Achaierai gains +1 to Trip and Grapple checks for every 2 HD it has. At 8 HD, it also ignores Freedom of Movement effects.

Ability Increase: The Achaierai gains +1 to Str and Con at levels 1, 4 and 5, up to +3 Str and +3 Con at level 5.

Maddening cloud: At 5th level, creatures damaged by the Achaierai's Black Cloud  need to make a Fort save (DC 10+1/2 HD+Con mod) or be affected as if by an Insanity spell with CL equal to the Achaierai's HD. The Achaierai also gains the lawfull and evil subtypes, and its natural weapons, as well as any weapons it wields, are treated as evil-aligned and lawful-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

At 10 HD, the Achaierai's black Cloud can even affect creatures immune to mind-affecting, altough they get a +5 bonus on their saves.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 01:47:33 AM by oslecamo »

Offline VindAlowd

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: Achaierai
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 06:53:46 PM »
I just noticed that in the MM, the maddening cloud requires a fort save.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Re: Achaierai
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 01:47:57 AM »
Good point, changed.