Gorons are large, Neutral Good humanoids with rock-like skin, who live in mountain caverns and survive on rock, metal and lava. Goron society is meritocratic, with tribes being ruled by the strongest and wisest. Even a non-Goron may ascend to a position of leadership if he displays qualities admired by the Gorons, but conversely they tend to look down on outsiders who have not proven their worth.
Most Gorons worship Kord and a pantheon of ancestors, though tribes with connections to dwarf cities have been known to pray to Moradin.GORON RACIAL TRAITS
NEW FEATS Burning Fist [Fighter, Racial]Prerequisites:
- +4 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Dexterity, -2 Charisma: Gorons possess great physical strength, but tend to be clumsy and lazy.
- Giant (Earth): Gorons are not subject to spells or effects that affect humanoids only, such as charm person or dominate person.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, gorons have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Goron base land speed is 20 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: A goron begins with two levels of giant, which provide 2d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +1, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +3, Ref +0, and Will +0.
- Racial Skills: A goron's giant levels give it skill points equal to 5 × (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are Balance, Craft, Intimidate, Knowledge (geography), Profession (miner), Search and Survival. Gorons have a +2 racial bonus on Craft and Profession (miner) checks.
- Racial Feats: A goron's giant levels give it one feat.
- Resistance to fire 10
- Fire Magic: Gorons with levels in spellcasting classes may learn and cast spells with the [Fire] descriptor as if they were one level lower. The spell is still treated as its original level for determining level-based effects. Eg. a goron wizard 3 could learn fireball and cast it from a 2nd-level slot, but it would have the saving throw DC of a 3rd-level spell.
- Low-Light Vision (Ex): A goron can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Great Endurance (Ex): A goron's effective Constitution score is doubled for determining how long he can perform a physical action that extends over a period of time, such as running, swimming, or holding his breath. This does not grant a bonus on Constitution checks.
- Like a Stone (Ex): Gorons take a -8 penalty on Swim checks.
- Powerful Build (Ex): The physical stature of gorons lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger. Whenever a goron is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the goron is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A goron is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A goron can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject's size category.
- Defensive Curl (Ex): As a move action, a goron can curl into a ball. While in this state he gains +20ft land speed and the Trample special attack, but he can take only move, run and trample actions, as well as swift actions to return to his normal stance (he may also initiate martial rushes, if they are used). If he gains the ability to attack in this state, he may attack only with his racial slam attack.
In any round where the goron takes no actions while in this state, he gains DR 8/adamantine +1 per character level and anyone observing him must succeed on a DC 20 Spot check or mistake him for a boulder.
- +3 natural armor bonus.
- Slam: Gorons possess a slam as a primary natural weapon, dealing 1d6 damage plus 11/2 times their Strength modifier.
- Automatic languages: Common. Bonus languages: Draconic, Giant, Ignan, Undercommon
- Favored Class: Crusader. A goron crusader may choose to replace one of his available schools with Desert Wind.
If you are not using Tome of Battle, substitute Barbarian.
Goron race, Cha 11Benefit:
Your racial slam attack deals an additional 1d6 points of fire damage.Special:
You may treat this feat as Weapon Focus (slam) for the purposes of prerequisites.Special:
A fighter may select this feat as one of his fighter bonus feats.Growth [Racial]Prerequisites:
Goron race, character level 3rd, Str or Con 17Benefit:
You gain the Powerful Build special ability. If you already possess Powerful Build, you instead lose it and grow in size by one size category. Your ability scores and natural armor are not modified by this size increase.Special:
You may select this feat multiple times. Its effects stack. Each time after the first increases the minimum level requirement by 3 and the ability score requirement by 2.Natural Weapon Training [Fighter]Prerequisites:
Select one natural weapon you possess. You may treat that weapon as an unarmed strike, allowing you to use it as part of a full attack or flurry of blows. When you use the weapon in this manner you may not make extra attacks with it in addition to your normal attack routine.Normal:
You may attack once per round with each natural weapon you possess. As part of a full attack you may attack with each one at a -5 penalty after your attacks with manufactured weapons.Special:
You may select this feat multiple times, choosing a different natural weapon each time.Special:
You may treat this feat as Improved Unarmed Strike for the purposes of prerequisites.Special:
A monk may select this feat as one of his monk bonus feats. A monk with this feat may use the base damage of his unarmed strike if higher than that of the natural weapon.Special:
A fighter may select this feat as one of his fighter bonus feats.Rock 'n' Roll [Fighter, Racial]You have mastered the use of your ball form for combat.Prerequisites:
While using Trample as part of Defensive Curl, you may trample a number of targets per round equal to your normal attacks per round. In addition you may take the charge action while using Defensive Curl, as well as initiate maneuvers which incorporate a charge.Special:
You may treat this feat as Improved Overrun for the purposes of prerequisites.Special:
A fighter may select this feat as one of his fighter bonus feats.Spikes [Racial]Your rocky back grows spikes which improve your traction.Prerequisites:
While using Defensive Curl you gain a +4 bonus on Balance checks, you may run through difficult terrain, and your slam attacks deal bludgeoning and piercing damage.