Author Topic: General Discussion and Sugestions  (Read 75396 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Re: General Discussion and Sugestions
« Reply #320 on: January 10, 2017, 06:26:48 AM »
Raineh, if you end up statting said NPC please post here too and I'll create a thread to archive her. An idea I've had on the backburner for quite some time was a "Hero's Tavern" with a bunch of NPCs using tobhou stuff.

Rekmond, seems like you're organizing the campaign online, could you provide a link for me to check out just of curiosity? Or at least a rough outline of what's more/less popular?

Offline Rekmond

• DM in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 10, 2017, 07:02:03 AM »
Sure, it is over on Rpol. Has a few features I like including the simplified dice roller and the 'Character replacing user' within games. Also, you don't need a mod to create a forum for you, you can create a game forum without any assistance and it is fairly simple too.

http://rpol.net/gameinfo.php?gi=68066&date=1484048877

You'll need to click Game Menu in either top right or bottom left to go to the threads I have up so far.

As it is, you'll only be able to see the 3 threads I have up regarding applying and character creation.  Not that there is anything else right now aside from a thread where I put my random thoughts.

I'm still a very inexperienced GM though, so there isn't likely to be anything too impressive. But take a look around if you want.
I will say that there are a good number of people on Rpol who enjoy using homebrew content, but not many GMs who like it, Mythweavers tends to be friendlier in that respect.

And I like the idea of an NPC recruiting station. I might pull from it every now and then.
I want to be born. To live. That is all I want. -Aura

Offline Sweetiebot

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 24, 2018, 08:46:45 AM »
For Septette For The Dead, All The World In Nightmare, what if we have wings, but they aren't bat-like?

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 24, 2018, 12:30:22 PM »
Seems like you get batlike wings instead. Must say that it seems like one of the weaker stances--a flight speed and some DR, but the bonus requires you to spend a ton of blood points to apply single-roll bonuses/penalties that are resisted by a will save.

If they fail and you consider them an enemy, their next 1d20 roll takes a profane penalty equal to half the amount of blood charges you spent. If you consider them an ally, their next 1d20 rolls takes a profane penalty bonus to the half the amount of blood charges you spent.

Also that part feels like it needs rewriting. Shouldn't it be "If you consider them an ally, their next 1d20 roll gains a profane bonus equal to half the amount of blood charges spent"?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 27, 2018, 01:01:10 AM »
For Septette For The Dead, All The World In Nightmare, what if we have wings, but they aren't bat-like?

You gain two sets of wings each with their own fly speed.

Must say that it seems like one of the weaker stances--a flight speed and some DR, but the bonus requires you to spend a ton of blood points to apply single-roll bonuses/penalties that are resisted by a will save.
Unlimited darkvision is nice and there's some resistances thrown in there too.

Well, let me do a quick compare
Ancient Temple's Delusion of Enlightenment: Gain huge melee reach, but nothing else.
Dream Battle's Border World-Maiden's Fighting Bounded Field: Gain a variable fly speed that may be better or worst, ignore Aoos from moving through threatened squares, solid fogs, bad weather conditions and similar for movement purposes, can even move through enemies but that'll trigger Aoos, plus Wis as Deflection to AC. Nothing particularly big but a lot of them.
Drunken Demon's Oni Crowd "Imp Swarm" become a mob. Probably more raw power, but brings its own penalties, in particular more limited mobility overall.
Lunar Dial's Perfect Square: Gain a variable movement speed that's probably gonna be higher plus boosted Haste. Big numbers all around, but somewhat lacking in utility.
Plain History's Sacred Treasure Land: Create "safe" area plus cosmetic effects. Potentially quite powerful, but won't do anything at all if your enemy can save.
Riverside View's Way of Avici "Infinite Nightmare": Big damage buff, but a fanatic opponent can ignore it.

So it doesn't seem that weaker to me. None of the benefits may be something huge, but there's a lot of them.

Anyway now it'll still inflict a fixed -4 penalty even if an enemy makes the save but you spent 11+ blood charges and you can use it when somebody rolls a 1d20 and you know if they would fail or succeeded.

If they fail and you consider them an enemy, their next 1d20 roll takes a profane penalty equal to half the amount of blood charges you spent. If you consider them an ally, their next 1d20 rolls takes a profane penalty bonus to the half the amount of blood charges you spent.

Also that part feels like it needs rewriting. Shouldn't it be "If you consider them an ally, their next 1d20 roll gains a profane bonus equal to half the amount of blood charges spent"?
Fixed, thanks.

Offline Sweetiebot

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 02, 2018, 04:53:37 PM »
Incidentally, if I take Diabolic Wave and I'm not a vampire, am I getting off scot-free from the consequences of my Forbidden Research?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 03, 2018, 01:11:59 AM »
The idea was that if you lacked a Blood Charge capacity it would count as zero and drop you straight into catatonic state but that sounds a bit too harsh so made Diabolic Wave count as having 1/4 the Blood Charge capacity of a vampire for the purposes of Forbidden Cost only.

Offline Sweetiebot

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 04, 2018, 05:24:16 AM »
Also, does simply having the feat, but never having resorted to it, prevent you from holding back?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 04, 2018, 05:43:58 AM »
Good point, made the penalties only start to apply at 99% capacity so you don't have any problems while at 100%.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 26, 2019, 10:47:06 PM »
So how would an Oni Brawler's Pure Metal Crafting related class feature function if they had something akin to Vow of Poverty working?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: February 27, 2019, 12:19:15 AM »
Child soldier had an option added to cover for classes with options to spend money on class features, added the same for Savage's Natural Tool (basically gives you a "budget" to spend in such abilities).

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 27, 2019, 12:39:14 AM »
So I'd technically be able to have equipment so long as its my own crafted pure metal stuff? Coolio.  :cool

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 27, 2019, 01:08:36 AM »
Correct.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 28, 2019, 03:03:09 AM »
Everything Explodes.
Prerequisite: Knowledge of at least one maneuver that deals damage.
Benefit: You can use maneuvers to deal damage to attack things that interact physically with the world but do not normally have HP such as a fog or a wall of force/fire or mage's tentacles. In the case of area effects such effects count as enemy creatures. In the case of targeted maneuvers you must pick the effects as targets. They count as having 10 HP per CL/IL. If the effect was created by a spell/maneuver/similar of a lower level than the maneuver you're using, it is automatically destroyed instead.

Could maybe use some clarification or clearer explanation, especially when it mentions targeted maneuvers? Does it mean targeting maneuvers that created a persistent effect?

Does the effect being targeted have to be a visible and/or tangible effect that can be physically interacted with?

The table for Oni Brawler also has the wrong Base Reflex Save numbers for levels 4 through 9.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 03:14:32 AM by ketaro »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 28, 2019, 03:43:44 AM »
Everything Explodes.
Prerequisite: Knowledge of at least one maneuver that deals damage.
Benefit: You can use maneuvers to deal damage to attack things that interact physically with the world but do not normally have HP such as a fog or a wall of force/fire or mage's tentacles. In the case of area effects such effects count as enemy creatures. In the case of targeted maneuvers you must pick the effects as targets. They count as having 10 HP per CL/IL. If the effect was created by a spell/maneuver/similar of a lower level than the maneuver you're using, it is automatically destroyed instead.

Could maybe use some clarification or clearer explanation, especially when it mentions targeted maneuvers? Does it mean targeting maneuvers that created a persistent effect?
It means that if you have a maneuver that targets specific things instead of affecting an area, then the effect you want to explode must be picked as one of the targets, clarified.

Does the effect being targeted have to be a visible and/or tangible effect that can be physically interacted with?
If the maneuver you're using demands a target then you must be able to pick them out, otherwise area effects will work regardless of you being able to detect the target or not (assuming the thing you want to explode is in the same area).

Also noticed it didn't have a pic, which also has been fixed.

The table for Oni Brawler also has the wrong Base Reflex Save numbers for levels 4 through 9.
Fixed too.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 28, 2019, 03:52:31 AM »
So if I use an AoE Strike, I can destroy intangible effects? Like, Bless? Or Bardic Inspiration?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 28, 2019, 05:57:45 AM »
Seems like I misunderstood the word (in)tagible. It needs to be something you can actually physically touch or feel.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 28, 2019, 07:29:16 AM »
Ah, thank you. Guess I shoulda led with the examples, haha. -_-'

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 03, 2019, 11:55:19 PM »
Oni Brawler, Scholar, Cat Celebrant, Eternal Royal now got clauses that you can't add the same ability score to AC twice.

Offline Vladeshi

• Feel free to ignore me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 09, 2019, 12:27:46 AM »
Oni Brawler, Scholar, Cat Celebrant, Eternal Royal now got clauses that you can't add the same ability score to AC twice.

Does this also apply to temporary bonuses, say from Cat Sign ”Cat's Walk”?
The following explanation has been removed due to time constraints, character limits on posts, and the DC 30 Spellcraft checks to understand large portions of it.