Author Topic: The Small Rants Thread XII: The Folly of Life  (Read 15027 times)

Offline SolEiji

• Epic Member
  • I am 120% Eiji.
    • View Profile
    • D&D Wiki.org, not .com
Re: The Small Rants Thread XII: The Folly of Life
« Reply #300 on: October 30, 2018, 09:53:58 AM »
I'm beginning to think II need to get high on LSD before work.  It can't be any worse.

You can talk to me, it's almost the same and I am safe for the body, safe for the mind, where are the knives and good for the health.  You need not worry about your work anymore.
Mudada.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • (un-) Amazingly Unproductive
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 30, 2018, 06:46:41 PM »

I'm beginning to think II need to get high on LSD before work.  It can't be any worse.

Your boss, the mean girl, and 1 of the ducks, walk into the front guard booth, and ... < stop me if you've heard this one before >
avatar#3 , gravitational lensing edition ... I'm way on the other side of the universe but look like pretty rings

Offline SorO_Lost

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 31, 2018, 10:31:26 AM »
idk, in my nice current run of being a shit magnet I just had to deal with someone who took multiple prescription pills before chugging bleach. Needless to say vomit was everywhere. :(
Would you die if you jumped from my perceived ego to your IQ? - Is 15secs of confirmation bias a goal post worth arguing for? - Ever asked a "victim" what they did to deserve it? - Are the words teen, SJW, & liberal synonyms? - "Only Sith deals in absolutes" contains a misspelled word.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #303 on: October 31, 2018, 07:23:24 PM »
Chugging bleach to die is such an idiotic thing to do... One of the most painful ways to die, and if you live, you're scarred for life, myriad of problems to deal with.
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline SorO_Lost

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 01, 2018, 11:31:45 AM »
Chugging bleach to die is such an idiotic thing to do... One of the most painful ways to die, and if you live, you're scarred for life, myriad of problems to deal with.
Right? It seems like every teenage girl wants to OD on Tylenol too, like several months of agony is exactly the solution they need. :rolleyes

Durg-related calls are always a pain in the ass. I had one last month or so where a guy walks into a store for energy drinks to stay awake and hits the ground passed out. Eyes couldn't fit a pin in them. Family claims he hasn't had anything, but an EMR dragged the wife off and got her to confess that maybe he got into some old prescriptions but she just doesn't know if he did or what they were. Narcan'ed him and five minutes later on the road he's telling me about how his wife gave him her pills for his pain and to help him sleep. :banghead
Would you die if you jumped from my perceived ego to your IQ? - Is 15secs of confirmation bias a goal post worth arguing for? - Ever asked a "victim" what they did to deserve it? - Are the words teen, SJW, & liberal synonyms? - "Only Sith deals in absolutes" contains a misspelled word.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 01, 2018, 01:43:40 PM »
So this girl I kinda liked got back together with her ex.

*sigh* And now to begin the trek from "I want to be with this person" to "I want this person's happiness even if it isn't with me."
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #306 on: November 01, 2018, 11:51:40 PM »
I am so salty right now, like, SUPER SALTY.

Got a friend, we're about as good looking as each other, he's got a full beard and i have none to speak of.

HE GOT 99 MATCHES ON TINDER YESTERDAY ALONE.

I got Tinder Gold and i only got 4.  GODDAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEARDS MAKE A HELL OF A DIFFERENCE!
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 02, 2018, 02:45:43 PM »
As someone who grows a beard about as easily as he draws breath, I can tell you that's probably not it.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 02, 2018, 04:34:36 PM »
I get the same amount of 0 matches now as I did before I shaved off my beard.

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 02, 2018, 08:05:43 PM »
I am so salty right now, like, SUPER SALTY.

Got a friend, we're about as good looking as each other, he's got a full beard and i have none to speak of.

HE GOT 99 MATCHES ON TINDER YESTERDAY ALONE.

I got Tinder Gold and i only got 4.  GODDAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEARDS MAKE A HELL OF A DIFFERENCE!

Some people rock the beard well. People compliment me on my facial hair, but nobody has actually ever shown interest in me over it.
Extended Sig Index
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=4358.0

I'm a Game Design consultant. PM me if you want advice on your game!
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=9765.0

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: Today at 08:30:15 PM »
The smoke from the california wildfires is completely saturating my area. It's well past the "wear a mask if outdoors" level, and my room has no outside filtration(being a shed in the backyard). I'm already sick from smoke inhalation (sore throat, trouble breathing, inflamed sinuses) and have to wear a respirator 24 hours a day now.
Extended Sig Index
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=4358.0

I'm a Game Design consultant. PM me if you want advice on your game!
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=9765.0