Author Topic: Fun Pathfinds  (Read 5419 times)

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • (un-) Amazingly Unproductive
    • View Profile
Re: Fun Pathfinds
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2018, 06:06:35 PM »
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/story-feats/wretched-curator-story/

the Wretched Curator feat is very tasty (though complicated).
"You can always purchase potions and scrolls of spells with the evil descriptor at a 10% discount, even if they are not normally available in a settlement because of its size or the local laws."

Almost as good as Wanderer's Diplomacy.
avatar#3 , gravitational lensing edition ... I'm way on the other side of the universe but look like pretty rings

Offline TiaC

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Is this to be?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: Today at 02:17:46 AM »
I just came across a crazy spell. Fungal Blisters is a second level spell that allows for insane damage.
When you cast this spell, horrible, fungal growths sprout forth all over your body. You develop 1d2+1 of these blisters per 2 caster levels. Each time you are dealt more than 5 points of bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing damage from a single attack, one of these blisters bursts, releasing a cloud of harmful spores in a 5-foot-radius burst centered on you.

These spores enter the lungs of all living creatures within the cloud that need to breathe and deal 1d6+1 points of damage for every 2 caster levels you have (Fort negates). This is a disease effect, and you and plants aren’t affected by the spores. It is possible for more than one blister to burst in a single round. If you are reduced to 0 or fewer hit points, all remaining blisters burst, and the resulting spores deal the cumulative amount of damage.

You are not able to cast this spell while wearing heavy armor. If you don heavy armor during the spell’s duration, all remaining blisters burst as if you had been reduced to 0 or fewer hit points.
The trick is to cast Fungal Blisters and then don heavy armor. This can be done with Swift Girding, Folding Plate, Armiger's Panoply or Instant armor. At this point, you will deal .25CL2(1d2+1)(1d6+1), or an average of 2.8*CL2 to everyone within 5 feet who fails all their saves. At 20th, it's 1,125 damage on average! Doesn't work on plants, or things immune to disease. Thus, you should become an Evangelist of Apollyon, which lets you punch through many disease immunities.

With Quicken Spell, you can get this off in one round for a 5th and a second level slot. At CL 10, it deals 281 damage. Even if enemies pass half their saves, that's enough to kill most CR 10 enemies in one hit.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Today at 02:31:57 AM »
Share spell with a familiar for double the fun?

Offline TiaC

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Is this to be?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Today at 03:23:37 AM »
Share Spells doesn't work like that in PF any more. There's a feat to restore old functionality, but your familiar isn't immune to the damage, so, that's a problem.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Today at 03:35:50 AM »
Plant Familiar! Or just anything that doesn't need to breath...

Oh, oh, expendable stuff! Proxy Summoning can let you share this spell with your summoned creatures yeah? :P
« Last Edit: Today at 03:37:37 AM by ketaro »

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Today at 04:44:03 AM »
Holy shitballs!

And it's PFS legal, for people like me.

A Psychic Bloodline Razmiran Sorcerer could get it off at 9th level (excluding item tricks) and suffer no ASF.

Also, Whirling Hold (from a ways above) doesn't actually break grapple.
« Last Edit: Today at 05:07:00 AM by zook1shoe »
add me on Steam- zook1shoe
- All Spells
- playground

Offline SorO_Lost

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: Today at 08:11:04 AM »
You develop 1d2+1 of these blisters per 2 caster levels. ... deal 1d6+1 points of damage for every 2 caster levels you have (Fort negates)
At 20th, it's 1,125 damage on average!
o.O

It needs more metamagic.
Would you die if you jumped from my perceived ego to your IQ? - Is 15secs of confirmation bias a goal post worth arguing for? - Ever asked a "victim" what they did to deserve it? - Are the words teen, SJW, & liberal synonyms? - "Only Sith deals in absolutes" contains a misspelled word.

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Today at 01:22:18 PM »
its a perfect candidate for cheap metamagic rods, since its only 2nd level.
add me on Steam- zook1shoe
- All Spells
- playground