Author Topic: Inn of the Welcome Wench  (Read 1539 times)

Offline vilenatas

  • Honorary Mod
  • *****
  • Posts: 75
  • 3.(Whatever I Feel Like)
    • View Profile
Inn of the Welcome Wench
« on: November 08, 2011, 11:08:57 PM »
Mialgru you are able to track down your team relatively quickly as they are just wandering about town or still at the Inn and the town is not particularly large.


As Mialgru catches him as he is leaving the Inn Jax helps follows him/helps him share the new information with the rest of the group.

"If they are simply are simply racing to the moathouse for adventure and gain I'm not sure that would rush me unless there is cause by our contracts for us to get there first.  I suspect it is the adventure and riches which has them wanting to beat us there.  But as their purpose could well be more sinister it would probably be best for us to head out sooner.  Of course we could just confront them and tell them stay away as we are inspecting the place under the authority of the Duke. "


"That seems fine; if they resist the duke's wishes, we could always enforce the law as is necessary." Brone gives a wicked smile at that, and rushes upstairs to collect the last of his things. He'd been ready to go for some time, after making a quick stop for some supplies after his nap. "I'm ready to get there, soon as we've accumulated the whole of the group. Or before, if you'd care for a scout."


Mizar nods silently as Jax speaks, clearly agreeing with his companion's plan.

I'm ready too whenever you want to leave and I guess we should gather the others. Time to stop scouting and go in for some real action.


Sure brother, I'll fly there and wait outside in the form of an Ibis to record any entrance or exit, can you guys find the group and come in a few hours?


Tork has his backpack on and is ready to go.  If the party wants to go to shantytown to find out what the activity is then he will go there with the party or just head out then thats ok.

After we get out of town and a few miles down the road he turns on his Senses Aura to give every party member within 30 feet of Tork a +1 to listen, spot and initiative rolls.


After some discussion amongst his companions, "Very well, I shall go inform Ruko and his companions to stay away from the Moathouse as we are inspecting it under the Duke's authority.  I'll point out that if we see them there we will assume it is for mischief."

Looking about his gathered companions, "Any objections?"

If there are no objections Jax will head back inside and inform Ruko and his companions of the situation.


He too would follow Mialgru back to the others, having gotten a good feel for the town and noting where the large general store was. He was rather disappointed that there were no arcane or magical lore shops to be found.

Once back with the rest of the group he'd simply listen to what each had to say, considering their points a bit before speaking.

" I do not care when we leave, while the cover of darkness would be nice, it's not essintial. I am ready to go at any time. We should at least take a look at the shanty town, gather a bit of information about it. If it doesn't seem to be linked to the Moathouse, then there's no reason to bother with it."


Sure, go ahead. That's fine by me. Beorn replies to Jax. After he comes back to the table, he proceeds to explain his plan I say we go right away, visit the shanty town first, maybe we can find out something interesting there, then approach the moathouse at night. What do you think?


I do not know the land.  How fare away is this shantytown and the moathouse away from here?  If the moathouse is closer then the shantytown then let's go to the moathouse.

After thinking about it for the moment

The Duke hired us to investigate the moathouse not the shantytown that might be our second task he has for us.  The Duke maybe testing us first with the moathouse before giving us the task to investigate the shantytown.  I first did not care which place we investigated but now I beleave we need to go to the moathouse.  Let's head out like we going to shantytown but circle around and go to the moathouse so if someone is watch us they will not know where we are going.  This may avoid a ambush.


"I find myself in agreement with Tork but I am willing to go to either first.  Figure it out while I go warn Ruko and his away from the Moathouse." 

With that Jax moves to Ruko and his companions table inside the Inn. "Good morn Ruko.  I believe you will not be happy with what I am about to tell you but hope you will listen and be mindful.  On the Duke's authority you and your companions are to steer clear of the moathouse.  If we find you and your companions there while we are investigating we will assume you intend mischief.  Am I clear?"


The moathouse is closest if memory serves, but also derelict. If that is the group decision, I'll meet your there in an hour. Mialgru looks around to ascertain that everybody is in agreement before he procceeds.

Offline Hallack

  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • ***
  • Posts: 411
  • With Jetpacks
    • View Profile
Re: Inn of the Welcome Wench
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 08:42:13 AM »
Then absent other complicating factors or desires I propose we head on out towards the moathouse.

Mialgru can scout from the sky and others like Jax can scout ahead on ground as the less stealthy follow on up. 

Offline Mixster

  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • ***
  • Posts: 271
    • View Profile
Re: Inn of the Welcome Wench
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 02:35:35 PM »
As the group seems to reach a verdict, Mialgru heads off in front, flying a bit ahead and then heading back telling his borther what he's seen on a regular basis.
This signature reserved for the first awesome quote!

Offline vilenatas

  • Honorary Mod
  • *****
  • Posts: 75
  • 3.(Whatever I Feel Like)
    • View Profile
Re: Inn of the Welcome Wench
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 10:02:11 PM »
As the group seems to reach a verdict, Mialgru heads off in front, flying a bit ahead and then heading back telling his borther what he's seen on a regular basis.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

  • Legendary Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1607
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
Re: Inn of the Welcome Wench
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 11:00:48 PM »
Brone was glad for the information; since he had a way of sneaking about without consequence, they usually had him do the scouting, and it was a comfort to just walk for a change.
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.

Offline Mixster

  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • ***
  • Posts: 271
    • View Profile
Re: Inn of the Welcome Wench
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 06:28:41 AM »
As the group seems to reach a verdict, Mialgru heads off in front, flying a bit ahead and then heading back telling his borther what he's seen on a regular basis.

(click to show/hide)
This signature reserved for the first awesome quote!