Author Topic: Look at this thing I found in Pathfinder! The bad feats/spells/etc thread  (Read 64770 times)

Offline Power

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Rolling a boulder up a hill
    • View Profile
Re: Look at this thing I found in Pathfinder! The bad feats/spells/etc thread
« Reply #180 on: November 10, 2019, 10:04:23 PM »
Accidental doublepost, so I may as well add another fun feat:
ARCANE BLAST
Source Advanced Player's Guide pg. 150
You can convert any spell into an attack.

Prerequisites: Arcane spellcaster, caster level 10th.

Benefit:  As a standard action, you can sacrifice a prepared spell or unused spell slot of 1st level or higher and transform it into a ray, targeting any foe within 30 feet as a ranged touch attack. This attack deals 2d6 points of damage plus an additional 1d6 points of damage for every level of the spell or spell slot you sacrificed. 0-level spells may not be sacrificed in this manner.
If at any point in time this seems to be a better use of your spells and actions than whatever you had otherwise available, you are really, really bad at the game. For bonus points, you need to be at least caster level 10 to use this feat. Because clearly, it'd be a problem if you had it at low levels.

The sole perk I can see out of this is that it does untyped damage.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 08:01:53 AM by Power »

Offline Nanashi

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Since it's untyped damage and a ranged touch attack, it works for an Arcane Trickster/Eldritch Scoundrel. Not a great feat, but being able to turn 1st level slots into 3d6 untyped that's SR: No (indeed, RAW this works in anti-magic zones) is worth the feat for that one very specific build, so hardly the worst feat in the system.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:25:25 PM by Nanashi »