Author Topic: Look at this thing I found in Pathfinder! The bad feats/spells/etc thread  (Read 68305 times)

Offline snakeman830

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • BG's resident furry min/maxer
    • View Profile
There's some outsiders with [evil] SLAs... but outsiders are also high Will. Even if the outsider did have an [evil] SLA, you'd be better off with a level 2 Spear of Purity
Some Undead as well.

Which...also have high Will saves.
"When life gives you lemons, fire them back at high velocity."

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Does it even work on variable alignment subtype stuff like Summon Monsters and the Summon (the special SLA evil outsiders often have)? That's the only [evil] spell that's reasonably common till all the high level demons and devils start packing Blasphemy SLAs.

It shouldn't. I'm pretty sure those only have their descriptors at the time of casting.

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
Habit of the Winter Explorer is kind of confusingly written. It is a body slot item that requires you to wear items for 3 other additional slots to work, but seem to not count against those other slots.

This warm outfit consists of a woolen coat and pants, boots, gloves, and a heavy fur cloak with a leather hood.
*snip*
All pieces of the habit of the winter explorer must be worn for the item to function.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 06:30:43 PM by zook1shoe »
add me on Steam- zook1shoe
- All Spells
- playground

Offline Nanashi

• it means "he who has no name" in a foreign tongue.
    • View Profile
I think the intent was some combination of mundane outfits being full outfits and gloves needing both to be worn. Even if it was one slot though, I don't really see it being worth the cost.

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
fixed the link

yeah, its very niche, 3/5 of the abilities only work within or in relation to cold weather
- All Spells
- playground

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fantasy and Gaming Blog
I'm heartened to see that this thread's still continuing in the near-eight years since I first posted it.

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
really has been awhile
- All Spells
- playground

Offline Nanashi

• it means "he who has no name" in a foreign tongue.
    • View Profile
Frankly, while going back through 3E stuff I've found plenty of crap comparable to stuff in this thread. I should make a thread for that next time I encounter one. Problem would be you've got entire subsystems that are poorly thought out.

Offline Keldar

• Legendary Member
  • What's this button do?
    • View Profile
Like we've got better to do.  :smirk