I'm currently on medicare pat D,and it have covers 90% of the cost of medications leaving me a with 10% the copay,which for the most part is under $5 for meds,however in the case for the xiolair the 10% is as i've stated 440 per shot,which i'm required every two weeks.
What was going on before,was that someone think it may have been the hospital itself who was footing the copayment for all these years stopped doing that for whatever reason.
Ouch, a 1000 bucks a month in medicine sounds terribly expensive. Well, I hope you find some way to fix that, whether by getting financial aid from people or by working something out with medicare or your hospital. The way I've often seen it, necessity is the mother of invention. Give it some time and I'm sure you or someone else will figure out a way around it (even if it's something like a genius budget adjustment that frees up the money you need).
Hopefully not derailing the thread too much, but I admit the most I really know about Argentina is my uncle helped put in a large part of your communications infrastructure through his work at L3 Communications. I know I know more than that of course since I'm not surprised by your description of public health care there, but it still saddens me to hear of those kind of problems.
Yeah, everything here is basically terrible. We're not as bad as Mexico, Columbia or Venezuela (yet), but as a citizen, I still need to live with the fact that every time I leave my house (and even while I'm inside it), I may get gunned down in the middle of the street or shanked in a public area for my meagre valuables. But I shouldn't complain. I'm young and I'm aiming to get out of here. It's the elderly and the disabled who have it worse, since they get the brunt of the economic crises we have all the time, they have to endure the worst of the healthcare system, and it's often impossible for them to improve their situation. They're also the main demographic to get beaten to death by criminals, because they're perceived as literal consequence-free punching bags. Able-bodied and neurotypical children and adults, in contrast, have a much better chance of surviving, not being regarded as prey, and improving their lifestyle.