While the koudelka are native denizens of the Akashic Records, it is unclear exactly how they came about. Most suspect they were created by the Factory kami, possibly on accident. The Factory kami deny these allegations. It is also possible the koudelka arose after the Records brushed up against a faerie plane. While the truth no doubt lies somewhere in the Records, no one really cares enough to look. Personality:
Koudelka are mischievous and capricious. They enjoy playing pranks, telling and listening to stories, and otherwise enjoying themselves. Few koudelka are scholarly or particularly serious, though a few exceptions exist. Koudelka can occasionally appear cruel in their actions, though they rarely intend to behave cruelly. If accused of cruelty, most koudelka would act shocked, then continue on doing what they were doing. Physical Description:
Koudelka are slender humanoids with straight hair, which comes in a variety of bright colors. Koudelka possess moth-like wings and antennae, as well as a fringe of thick fur around their necks, wrists, and ankles. In addition, koudelka possess wide mouths filled with sharp, irregular teeth. Most koudelka's bodies bear tattoo-like rings and arabesques, which stand out against their pale skin. Relations:
Koudelka have strained relations with the other denizens of the Records. There is only so much pranking and carousing that can be done before members of other races start kicking you out of their bars early. Alignment:
Koudelka tend towards no particular alignment, not even neutral. The best and the worst are found among them. Koudelkan Lands:
Koudelka don't really have a concept of permanent residence, and as such no lands of their own. Koudelka can be found throughout the Records, but many koudelka dwell in the City of Marrow. There is a decent population of koudelka in the outer worlds, though of course no major koudelka settlements. Religion:
Koudelka at least pay lip service to the kami, though most koudelka don't actually worship them. Language:
Koudelka, like most of the creatures in the Records, speak Moji. Koudelka player characters speak Common, and koudelka living in the outer worlds speak whatever language is used around them. Names:
Koudelka tend to name themselves after flowers or plants, rarely bothering with last names or other extraneous naming conventions. Adventurers:
Koudelka are frequent adventurers, preferring the excitement of travel to any form of sedentary living. Even koudelka who live in one place tend to do so in a particularly adventurous manner. The ability to tell tales of high adventure is fairly important in koudelka society, so adventuring can also be a form of social advancement.KOUDELKA RACIAL TRAITS
- Fey Type: Koudelka are fey. As fey, koudelka have the following traits.
-- Low-Light Vision.
- -4 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma: Their small stature renders them weaker, but more graceful than most. As fey, they possess the natural charm of the fair folk.
- Tiny: As a Tiny creature, a koudelka gains a +2 size bonus to Armor Class, a +2 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +8 on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are one-half of those of a Medium character. Koudelka have a natural reach of 0ft. They must enter an opponent's square to attack them in melee, unless they are using a reach weapon.
- Koudelka base land speed is 20 feet.
- Flitter (Ex): A koudelka can flutter three feet above the ground. Instead of walking she can glide along, unconcerned with the hard earth or difficult terrain. While she remains within 3 feet of a flat surface of any solid or liquid, she can take normal actions and make normal attacks, and can move at her normal speed (she can even "run" at four times her normal speed). She cannot flutter to heights above 3 feet.
A koudelka can also use her wings to glide, negating damage from a fall of any height and allowing 10 feet of forward travel for every 5 feet of descent. Koudelka glide at a speed of 20 feet (average maneuverability). A koudelka can't glide while carrying a medium or heavy load.
At 5 HD, the koudelka becomes able to fly at a speed equal to her base land speed (good maneuverability). A koudelka can't fly while carrying a medium or heavy load or while fatigued or exhausted. Koudelka can safely fly for a number of rounds equal to their Constitution modifier (minimum 1 round). They can exert themselves to fly for up to twice as long, but then they're fatigued at the end of the flight. Koudelka are likewise fatigued after spending a total of more than 10 minutes per day flying. Because koudelka can glide before, after, and between rounds of actual flight, they can remain aloft for extended periods (even if they can only use flight for 1 round at a time without becoming fatigued).
At 10 HD, the koudelka has enough stamina and prowess to fly for longer periods. She can fly at a speed equal to her base land speed (perfect maneuverability), and flying requires no more exertion than walking or running.
- Technique-Like Abilities: 1/day--simple illusion. Technician level is equal to Hit Dice.
- +4 racial bonus on Bluff checks: The quick wits and silver tongues of the koudelka make bluffing easy.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Moji. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic).
- Favored Class: Majo. A multiclass koudelka's majo class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.