Author Topic: Image Locker: A Place to Store Images with Clickable Links  (Read 2253 times)

Offline MetroMagic

• PbP Game Master
  • Organizations are imaginary.
    • View Profile
Image Locker: A Place to Store Images with Clickable Links
« on: February 01, 2014, 02:45:53 AM »
Here is a place to store an IMG and generate a clickable link.

Why would I (or you) want this?

It's for when I don't want to embed an image in-line or inside a spoiler.

If I want an image to pop up via a link in a fairly clean context with no ads, and don't have anywhere convenient to store it outside Minmax, I can put it here!

I store the image in TINYPIC. I put the IMG code for it in a post.

The link for that post will call up the image.

If I tried to call it up directly on TINYPIC via a link, I get a window littered with advertising and other stuff I don't want.

Calling up a post on MinMax directly looks great by comparison; see the first example in the next post.

Simple.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 02:57:40 AM by MetroMagic »

Offline MetroMagic

• PbP Game Master
  • Organizations are imaginary.
    • View Profile
Re: Image Locker: A Place to Store Images with Clickable Links
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 02:46:33 AM »

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 12:50:06 PM »
Moved to Plug/Promote, where it belongs.

Several image services do this - any that let you get a direct url for your image, in general. Imgur is the one I use. Does Image Locker offer anything to set it apart from other similar services? Also, including a url would be handy when you're plugging a site. For starters, I can find no such site with a quick google search for the name.
Please send private messages regarding board matters to Forum Staff instead.

Offline Slaughterhouserock

• Hail to the king, baby.
    • View Profile
    • Horror Movie Fans
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 12:59:04 PM »

Several image services do this - any that let you get a direct url for your image, in general. Imgur is the one I use. Does Image Locker offer anything to set it apart from other similar services? Also, including a url would be handy when you're plugging a site. For starters, I can find no such site with a quick google search for the name.

I think he's saying to use the thread itself as an "image locker" of sorts.  At least, that's how it sounds to me.
The DM giveth and the rogue taketh away.
I have a 5 in Charisma and Diplomacy is a cross-class skill.  Hopefully I don't piss off too many people.

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 01:26:18 PM »

I think he's saying to use the thread itself as an "image locker" of sorts.  At least, that's how it sounds to me.
Oh.
...Woops.
Is that indeed the intent? If so, I'll move it to Off-Topic or something instead, or back to D&D if you intend to have it used only for D&D book excerpts. As I said, though, there's services that do this.
Please send private messages regarding board matters to Forum Staff instead.