Author Topic: Community Input Requested V2  (Read 3884 times)

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Community Input Requested V2
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2022, 08:50:23 PM »
It's the only one I run into accessing it from a phone.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2022, 09:40:36 PM »
It's the only one I run into accessing it from a phone.

Hopefully everyone else agrees (or only comes up with other minor display specific issues), because if this is the only real problem I think I can fix it by adjusting the website code.

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2022, 04:07:02 PM »
Can I be assigned to the user group "DnD Handbook Writer"? It doesn't serve an actual purpose anymore AFAIK, but it would be nice to have a small acknogledgement.

Offline dman

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2022, 11:34:57 PM »
Most of what I've learned about both forum and discord functionality I've learned from this community.  That is to say I don't really have a basis for comparison to suggest any bright ideas.  I'm happy to try whatever you guys want.

*Bonus if it involves sparkling Christmas trees and fire breathing dragons.  ;)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2022, 09:49:15 PM »
Okay, we just finished another (much shorter) maintenance mode implementing many hours of work.

WE ARE NOW MOBILE FRIENDLY (not including the following pages which effectively can't be mobile friendly: calendar, bookmarks, and the members page).

If you want to be able to enjoy mobile friendliness you will have to clear your broswer cache.

The main pages impacted are the different pages that show you threads (either all of them or just unread ones) but the board list on the homepage got some love too.  Please let me know if you encounter any issues. 

This was way more work than expected so I'll be taking a break before moving forward with other changes.  Now that we're mobile friendly I have no plans to change the look or theme of the site.

Edit: My to-do list included looking into snazzing up the header area.  That one is not happening, I've been really deep into the actual code for the site and changing the header would mean adding code and it's honestly not worth the effort.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2022, 12:35:51 AM »
All hail the Nanshork!

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton....
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2022, 04:38:53 PM »
works okay for me on my mobile. oh, hey, minmax has a discord?

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2022, 05:12:41 PM »
Had it for five years or so!

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2022, 07:31:41 PM »
Had it for five years or so!

Wow, serves me right for always rushing to the latest posts and not paying attention to the announcements....

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2022, 11:36:08 AM »
One the reasons the forums are a little quieter - a lot of the daily conversation has moved over to the discord.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2022, 11:48:14 PM »
Website updates have been made!  Here's a list of what I did:

1 - Table "th" table header cell code was a no go, th is already a defined bit of code and I can't figured out how GitP did what they did because they have a different backend and I can't access the css (or whatever) page that their th code is located in.  This to-do item just can't be done.

2 - I updated some more backend stuff.

3 - We now have a bright shiny new "Join us on Discord" button so people like nijineko will see it!  ;)

4 - The post editor has changed!  Now the Font Name, Font Size, and Font Color buttons actually show you what the different selections look like.  The Picture, Url, Email, and Ftp buttons now have pop-ups to help code things properly.  The Table button now has a pop-up that lets you select exactly how many cells you have in your table.  The smiley more link is now a button with a pop-up instead of opening up a new browser window.  It is just much nicer in general.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2022, 11:50:35 PM »
 :hug  :hug  :hug  :hug  :hug

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2022, 04:01:04 PM »

3 - We now have a bright shiny new "Join us on Discord" button so people like nijineko will see it!  ;)

Seriously though... I only saw the link to this thread because of the giant font asking for feedback... Even when I was looking directly at that link, I still managed to completely not notice the News: Join us on discord link for several views!

Thank you. lol

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2022, 04:42:09 PM »
If you look at the footer of the forum, you'll now see a list of who's online on the discord.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2022, 08:31:48 PM »

Seriously though... I only saw the link to this thread because of the giant font asking for feedback... Even when I was looking directly at that link, I still managed to completely not notice the News: Join us on discord link for several views!

Thank you. lol

Apparently you're not the only one who didn't notice it, RobbyPants signed up after I made the button!

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2022, 02:49:24 PM »
If you look at the footer of the forum, you'll now see a list of who's online on the discord.

This has been removed as it just looked terrible on the mobile site.  However, an online count is now available in the new new News button.  This is button subject to change, the current button is using an API that doesn't have real-time update capabilities.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2022, 02:04:04 PM »
Real-time updates for the button would involve either make it a worse looking button that also links to discord.com or would involve setting up some javascript code and forcing people to cache multiple versions of the picture.  Neither is great so I guess it doesn't matter if people think that 110 people are online when really it's 112 or 109.