Author Topic: Gestalt - Sneak Attack & Psionic Sneak Attack  (Read 1597 times)

Offline kitep

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Lookout World!
    • View Profile
Gestalt - Sneak Attack & Psionic Sneak Attack
« on: August 08, 2012, 11:11:51 PM »
If a gestalt character gets 1d6 sneak attack from 1 side and 1d6 psionic sneak attack (lurk) from the other side, do they combine for a +2d6 total?

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
Re: Gestalt - Sneak Attack & Psionic Sneak Attack
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 11:51:25 PM »
I fail to see why they wouldn't. They're separate class features from different classes, and the psionic sneak attack only works when you're psionically focused (which incidentally makes it worse.)
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline NunoM

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 02:14:29 AM »
I never gave much attention to psionic classes before, but if you're referring to the Lurk class and it's Psionic Sneak Attack ability, they do appear to stack, even for a non-gestalt character.

Quote from: Complete Psionic p.16
Psionic Sneak Attack (Ex):
[...]
Sneak attack damage and psionic sneak attack damage stack,whenever both would apply to the same target.

Offline kitep

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Lookout World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 01:58:06 PM »
Yeah, I knew they stacked.  But gestalt stuff is ... different.  Just like sneak attack from two different non-gestalt classes stack, but they don't combine for gestalt (at least not if taken at the same level).

Offline kitep

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Lookout World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 01:59:19 PM »
I fail to see why they wouldn't. They're separate class features from different classes, and the psionic sneak attack only works when you're psionically focused (which incidentally makes it worse.)

I wasn't sure if putting "psionic" in front of "sneak attack" actually made them separate class features.  Thanks for the confirmation.