Author Topic: Chapter 1: Attrition  (Read 31077 times)

Offline Greybender

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 1: Attrition
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 12:02:01 PM »
Yuuko closes her eyes changing her expression to an open mouthed smile, she packs away her cookies and exclaims: " Awwwww youuu can transform too!" With that said, she lengthens her arms and extrudes tentacles out of her back, growing eyes in her hair and teeth on her forehead, her skin changes to take resemblance to that of a cat, with a gravelly growling voice, but soft with hints of a cat purring she continues with her mouth now extending to a meter and a half lenght:
"Nice to meet you Mauthe and Klaus I hope we can be good friends!"
She finishes her little show with a Cheshire cat grin, before returning to her normal self.
" I can do a lot of things, but arguably I am best at social infiltration.", she says with a smile and a wink.

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 01:51:28 PM »
"I am a Wilder unmatched! ...Before that dragon ripped me out of my skull and tossed me in this jar, anyway. NONETHELESS, WHILE SOME OF MY POWERS HAVE DIMINISHED, THE REST GROW STRONGER WITH EVERY DAY! Ahahaha! Ahahahaha! AHAHAHAHAHAHAaaaah! Ah, by the black sands I haven't had a maniacal laugh in weeks."

The brain began jiggling back and forth as it projected laughter, the armor beneath him gesticulating appropriately, calming quite quickly at the end of his declaration.
Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2013, 03:29:08 PM »
"I told you: I am a goddess and princess. There are no other valid descriptors... though I suppose a demonstration of my tricks is in order, then?" Natsumi asked, face breaking into a terrifying grin. She was the more sane sister indeed... but a perusal of the full stock of her abilities indicated that she couldn't be entirely stable. Few people would willingly chip away at their own life in order to gain a few new tricks.

The goddess snapped shut her fans... and disappeared, reappearing upon the other side of the pool, perched exactly on its edge. A slight shift in how she held herself followed; three whirling rings of fiery script sparked into existence around her, spinning to an unheard rhythm and accompanied by a thunderous proclamation: "Fate--Old Immortal Fire!"

Apparently not content to stop there, one of the goddess's hands went to her throat, whilst the other pointed itself at the ceiling: "Brilliant Dragon Bullet!"

The white cone this created was almost blinding in its intensity; though it strangely didn't harm the ceiling. Any tiny vermin clinging to it were doubtless toasted, however, with the dragonbreath--not fire, but something close--burning across them.

"Heheh...ehehehahah...hahahafufufufu...fufufufufu!"

Breathing deeply, Natsumi asked one question: "Satisfied?"

Offline Geigan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2013, 03:34:58 PM »
Mauthe manages to balance on the Pit Fiend's shoulder despite the shift downwards. He then extends one of his other tentacles to shake one of Yuuko's before she transforms back to acknowledge her sentiments, and then follows suit in returning to his other form.

(click to show/hide)

He waits patiently for Natsumi's booming show of strength to finish resounding before listing off his own capabilities.

"Physical infiltration, espionage, stealth, scouting, assassination, interrogation, torture, shadowing though not so much tracking, theft, acquisition, and a bit more of that sort of thing. I can also see in the dark, can sense anything with a mind in a certain range, and can smell too well for my own tastes."

He goes back to habitually scratching at his ear.
Developer for Rule of Cool Games. Try our game system, Legend. We hope you enjoy.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2013, 03:45:47 PM »
Lovely. The party has a portable lighter.

"I am sole heir to an assassination martial arts style with over 4800 years of history. Its name is Hokuto Sourai Ken. Disclosing its full capabilities would take much longer than we have available - but suffice it to say any opponent struck by me dies in a violent fashion."

As if suddenly bored, Yan picked a sizable rock off the ground and proceed to write on it with his index fingertip.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2013, 04:14:02 PM »
"I hide. From my hiding, I hurt things with arrows. Those who find themselves on the receiving end of my assault are often scared by the experience. If I really put forth the effort, I hurt things badly enough though, that there usually isn't much left to be frightened."
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Endarire

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Smile! Jesus loves you!
    • View Profile
    • Greg Campbell's Portfolio
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2013, 07:35:55 PM »
Imagine a beefy, fat, and jolly middle-aged human male with orange hair (plus a goatee and a beard), a white apron with 'Master Chef' written upon it in Common, and lots of mithril armor.   That's Chef.

Chef finishes surveying the crowd, the chair, the pool, the room, and the fire spray.

Chef uncrosses his arms and says, "Call me 'Chef.'  I'm the creator of the 'Fire Chef' competition and am its longest-reigning champion.  So much in life can be seen through the lens of cooking!

I'm practical even when meal preparation isn't first on the menu:  I'm a handyman as well, able to make a home anywhere, given time.

And for reasons beyond my comprehension, my archenemies are the ghosts!  I don't mean any organization, but literal, actual ghosts!  And I'm so grateful to the God-King for his awakening or granting me my anti-ghost powers!

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 07:37:55 PM by Endarire »

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2013, 08:15:57 PM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Endarire

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2013, 09:09:51 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2013, 09:25:54 PM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Geigan

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2013, 01:51:53 AM »
Mauthe hops down from Klaus' shoulder and wanders closer to the pool for a closer look.

(Looking into the dark pool to see what I can see with Daigo darkvision. Apparently it can see through any darkness regardless if it's magical or not. 60ft range.)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:53:26 AM by Geigan »
Developer for Rule of Cool Games. Try our game system, Legend. We hope you enjoy.

Offline Endarire

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2013, 05:33:58 AM »
Chef also gets a closer inspection of the pool due to being able to see in magical darkness and with see invisibility and Darkvision 60'.

Offline Valixes

• Lurker
  • Knight of Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2013, 11:27:03 AM »
Klaus lifts himself back to a standing position - each motion leaving the impression of great weight as he raises a hand, twirling a bit of bloody red hellfire among his claws. "My armor gives me an insane resilience against anything I'm not exclusively weak to, but I like to think of myself as a Jack of all trades. I have a decent grasp of esoteric energies to pepper opponents with various effects, and my devotion has granted me certain boons that I protect myself with. My body is strong - although my strikes do not have the same mastery many of you have obtained. I have a fair amount of various undead tucked away that we may... make use of as well."
(click to show/hide)

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2013, 05:31:19 PM »
(click to show/hide)

There's a booming knock on the door, and then it swings open to reveal the guards, accompanied by the God-king.  He steps into the room and frowns, then raises a hand, and the ambient light in the room increases to a warm gold.

Then Singorn turns to the group, his face impassive as his gaze passes over each of you in turn.  It lingers particularly long on Klaus and Mauthe, but he doesn't comment before moving up to sit in the stone chair.

Finally, he speaks.  "It is always in the times of greatest difficulty that one finds oneself with unlikely allies.

Never mind; my plea to you is the same.  My apologies for keeping you waiting -- I hope you understand, this is a complicated endeavor on all fronts. Before we begin, I must ask what information you already have about the events which have been named the Shadow War; I would not waste time repeating things you already know."

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2013, 05:41:08 PM »
"Next to nothing." The monk summarizes.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2013, 05:46:35 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2013, 06:14:34 PM »
"I know little, I must admit. My strengths lie in nobility and religion rather than current affairs," Natsumi said, shrugging. She'd picked up bits and pieces travelling with her sister--but only the most basic information, nothing concrete. Peasantry and travellers rarely had detailed knowledge of the goings-on in a far off desert kingdom. 'Shadowy attacks' were... inconclusive.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2013, 06:58:05 PM »
"I, Mentak, THE MAGNIFICENT, have fallen behind on local news and global affairs in the time I've been a brain in a jar trapped in a cathedral."

Nevertheless, Mentak detached his jar from the suit of armor and floated at eye level. The cuirass fell down to reveal a skeleton in the armor, which quickly donned a plate helmet.
Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2013, 07:07:51 PM »
"Monsterous attacks in the southern areas of your kingdom. Presumably severe in nature. No more than that can I really say I know of."

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 07:12:27 PM by ariasderros »
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Geigan

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2013, 07:31:40 PM »
"Well it is an event certainly, but I presume there is something specific you would bring up in reference to it. It may serve to just start from what is relevant to what you need of us."
(click to show/hide)