Gaming Discussion > General D&D Discussion

If you had to be, what would you be?

(1/11) > >>

SorO_Lost:
So I have a question for you all, if you had to be a D&D Class what one would you be?
The simple answer is the one you like right? Well feel free to mention for favorite Class but...
What if I told you you'll be on Earth, and a Jew, in Germany, and it's February 1933?
Well it's not really any of those things so your knowledge of WW2 is worthless.
But the idea of being alone, hunted, and starting with essentially nothing in a world full of gun toting guards.

So the world you spawn in is kind of close to that. Guns cars, planes exist but pre-Internet so information isn't globally shared in a split second. You're in a city under martial law that's declared it's hatred of your kind. Maybe your D&D powers no one else has violate laws, maybe a previous transplant raised an army of undead, who knows (or cares). The the vast majority of locals will turn you into the authorities who will imprison and study you assuming immediate off-the-record execution isn't an option.

But there is a win condition, if you take over a country with the military might and inbred hatred of your people like Nazi Germany, you can flip the local region back to friendly. In such a case you need to prove to them you're a productive member of society and not just built for war. So what would you offer to the job market?

And I'm going to throw some other curve balls at you.
* Human only, no other Races or Templates unless you personally have a way to self-grant it (like dragon disciple or wish).
* Druids and Leadership are banned, everyone will want to exploit them otherwise.
* Does having a closer to standard 8~12 in your Ability Scores change your choice?
* Level 20 cap but at the first level you can choose to gestalt, if you do it takes x2 the XP to level.
* The list is subjective and may change over time.

altpersona:
lol, this is pretty close to how i approach most characters... plan on no items, no 'help' and your trying not to die...

i like warlock for all day range blasts

precocious wizard sounds appealing but not real practical

same w/ spell to power erudite

Nifft:

--- Quote from: SorO_Lost on October 28, 2016, 06:52:26 PM ---So I have a question for you all, if you had to be a D&D Class what one would you be?
The simple answer is the one you like right? Well feel free to mention that...

But what if I told you you'll be on Earth, and a Jew, in Germany, and it's February 1933.
--- End quote ---
That's one of those rare situations where doing the sorts of things that earn XP would actually be rather acceptable.

I mean, under most circumstances I'd feel reluctant to start murdering my way through an army of humans, but those people...

--- Quote from: SorO_Lost on October 28, 2016, 06:52:26 PM ---...Oh, and the Druid is banned.

--- End quote ---
Goddamn it.

Druid was absolutely my first choice.

The plan would have been: escape to Russia, create an elite bear cavalry unit, and then lead them for honor, duty to humanity, freeing the hell out of Europe, and earning XP.

Also: Stalin would get some mental adjustments and/or bears to the face. Let's see how the world fares with Trotsky in power.

- - -

Second Choice: Binder 1 / Easy Bake Wizard / Anima Mage

Starting out with at-will Disguise Self is a good way to get away from my former identity, and escape pursuit in an urban area. At-will Command is pretty spiffy as a surprise tactic to put people in a worse position, and taking 10 on Bluff checks is absolutely key to lying about my identity over the long term.

Then, after that, add on the perks of being a Wizard.

Finally, the perks of being a Wizard with a free rotating item creation feat.

- - -

Gestalt Choice: Warblade // Egoist (with the ACF that grants the Changeling's shape-change power)

As above, the key is face-changing to escape attention.

Solo:
Expert with ranks in diplomacy

altpersona:

--- Quote from: Nifft on October 28, 2016, 08:09:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: SorO_Lost on October 28, 2016, 06:52:26 PM ---So I have a question for you all, if you had to be a D&D Class what one would you be?
The simple answer is the one you like right? Well feel free to mention that...

But what if I told you you'll be on Earth, and a Jew, in Germany, and it's February 1933.
--- End quote ---
That's one of those rare situations where doing the sorts of things that earn XP would actually be rather acceptable.

I mean, under most circumstances I'd feel reluctant to start murdering my way through an army of humans, but those people...

--- Quote from: SorO_Lost on October 28, 2016, 06:52:26 PM ---...Oh, and the Druid is banned.

--- End quote ---
Goddamn it.

Druid was absolutely my first choice.

The plan would have been: escape to Russia, create an elite bear cavalry unit, and then lead them for honor, duty to humanity, freeing the hell out of Europe, and earning XP.

Also: Stalin would get some mental adjustments and/or bears to the face. Let's see how the world fares with Trotsky in power.

- - -

Second Choice: Binder 1 / Easy Bake Wizard / Anima Mage

Starting out with at-will Disguise Self is a good way to get away from my former identity, and escape pursuit in an urban area. At-will Command is pretty spiffy as a surprise tactic to put people in a worse position, and taking 10 on Bluff checks is absolutely key to lying about my identity over the long term.

Then, after that, add on the perks of being a Wizard.

Finally, the perks of being a Wizard with a free rotating item creation feat.

- - -

Gestalt Choice: Warblade // Egoist (with the ACF that grants the Changeling's shape-change power)

As above, the key is face-changing to escape attention.

--- End quote ---

Germany has wolves, wolves get Trip

Binder is a feat (2 feats) Not a class, i thought...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version