Gaming Discussion > Other Games

1001 TCG Card Ideas

<< < (2/8) > >>

Amechra:
That's a problem Red has in general - the "iconic" effects for Red are either damage, or are situational (Artifact destruction, some combat tricks, Haste, short-term take-control-of effects...)

That being said:

•) W does less than half of a Chaplain's Blessing when it dies (5 Life for 1).
•) U gives you a cantrip when it dies (There are a ton of CMC 1 cards that have "draw a card" as a side effect).
•) B does half of a Cry of Contrition when it dies (Discard two for 1).
•) G does the equivalent of Sprout when it dies (Create a 1/1 for 1).
•) R does half a Shock whenever it dies (2 damage for 1).

Plus, Red Zuberas have great synergies with stuff like Deathtouch, Chandra's Spitfire, all those Red enchantments that double/increase damage...

=---=

Of your Enemy-Color Zuberas, Discordant-Body Zubera and Burning-Mind Zubera are stupidly good, while Vital-Rage Zubera is a tad anaemic.

Garryl:
Oh, yeah, they're broken as hell.

Also, a classic-Zubera-enabling land. Probably also needs to enter the battlefield tapped, although then it might also warrant a generic tap for colorless mana, too (I dunno).

Unnamed Zubera Land
Legendary Tribal Land - Zubera
{T}: Add one mana to your mana pool of any color. Spend this mana only to play Spirits, Zuberas, and Arcane spells.
When a Zubera creature you control dies, you may sacrifice {this}. If you do, search your library for a Zubera card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your library.

Also on the topic of Kamigawa mechanics and lands.

Spirit of the Land {1GG}
Enchantment
Lands you control have Spiritshift X, where X is equal to the number of lands if your graveyard.

Amechra:
All Zuberas are Spirits, so the Unnamed Zubera Land can be neatened up by dropping that.

Also, you're looking for Soulshift. Actually, I'd merge the two, like so:

Household Shrine
Land
{T}: Add one mana to your mana pool of any color. Spend this mana only to play Spirits and Arcane spells.
Whenever a Spirit you control dies, you may sacrifice Household Shrine.
Soulshift 2

Oh, and a legendary that I think would be a ridiculous combo piece:

(click to show/hide)

Garryl:
I was kind of hoping with the Zubera land for it to count as a Zubera, increasing the number of Zuberas that effectively dies (and thus augmenting the original cycle's on death effects).

Regardless, Household Shrine is nice.

Edit: Odd card idea off the top of my overly sleepy head. Fluff idea is a ghost that tries to solve its own murder.

Haunting Victim {UW}
Creature - Human
When {this} dies, create a 1/1 colorless Spirit creature token with Flying and "When this dies, investigate."
2/2

sirpercival:
I'm angry and tired and this seems like a ridiculous idea and I'm just going to do it anyway.

Black Tea {B/2}
Artifact - Equipment
Sacrifice equipped creature: Return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
Equip: B

Red Tea {R/2}
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature has "T: Target creature gains haste until end of turn."
Equip: R

Green Tea {G/2}
Artifact - Equipment
GGG: Put a +1/+1 counter on equipped creature.
Equip: G

White Tea {W/2}
Artifact - Equipment
WW: Equipped creature gains protection from the color of your choice until end of turn.
Equip: W

Blue Tea {U/2}
Artifact - Equipment
0: Return equipped creature to it's owner's hand.
Equip: U

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version