Author Topic: Chapter I: Legend of Griselda-Pirates Awakening  (Read 165678 times)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter I: Legend of Griselda-Pirates Awakening
« Reply #220 on: August 10, 2012, 12:50:53 PM »
Jeremy looks up at Pha.  "We're leaving already?" he asks.  He'll be sad to leave his new friends in town.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 12, 2012, 12:11:41 AM »
Pha twirled a finger in her curls, pensive.
"Well, sure. Faster we're off, quicker we'll be back. The ship could be useful to reach the others."

She hadn't really left her fountain to play in human lands. There was work to be done.
Not that she really fancied civilization anyway.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #222 on: August 13, 2012, 08:49:58 PM »
After the breakfast the captain and most soldiers bid you farewell, and  Pha rises into the air to get a better look at the island's general geography. Molima is surrounded by stone walls and flanked by small farmlands and pastures, filled with a variety of cows, pigs and chickens. But behind the city and all over the island, tick forest covers every inch of ground, making it impossible to tell any detail from above. You head to the town's main entrance, which Pha saw was the most direct route into the forest. When you reach there you see it is watched by a middle-aged guard, that instantly jumps into your path with his extend arms when it is clear you want to exit.

“Sorry, but I can't let you kids leave out there unarmed and...
Oh, my apologies, you're most definetely well armed. And have a greater faery with you... I'm really sorry, it's just that every youngster out there seems to want to go to explore the forest on its own, but it's quite dangerous out there with all the wild monsters roaming. But you look more than ready to face anything out there, so you're free to go. Good travels and try to return before the sun sets, much fouler things rise at night!”

The guard steps out of the way to let you pass. Out there, a dirt road leads you away from the city and, after a small area filled with just grass and underbush, into the trees.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Molima Forest
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Once inside, the light of the sun is mostly blocked by the tall green canopies, projecting shadows into the ground with some patches of light scattered across the ground. Birds and small mammals cry all around  while diminutive insects with shiny shells crawl away from you (some look like they would make great for a collection). The dirt road quickly disapears, swallowed by tall grass, but even then the main way is clear because you're basically surrounded by tick walls of trees from both sides. The path twists and turns as you advance, and the vegetation keeps geting ticker and more luxuriant, with exotic flowers blooming and strange fruits pending from the branches above you.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 13, 2012, 09:15:07 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 13, 2012, 10:29:27 PM »
Looking at the specimens crawling about, she almost wished she had a bottle or two.

Moving through the forest was more satisfying. It smelled better than it did in the village.
She felt the vestiges of long lost memories from previous existences stir, but only enough to make her feel at ease under the trees.
Unfortunately, beyond the knowledge of the location being in the forest, she herself had little to no idea where the site was actually located.

(click to show/hide)

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: August 14, 2012, 07:44:29 AM »
Zax looks around, seeming a little uncomfortable out away from civilization.

I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #226 on: August 14, 2012, 08:03:32 AM »
Rabbit's armored footfalls thudded softly against the ground as they entered new territory. Rather then walking on the path, the Pirate opted to walk almost alongside it. He knew most traps would be on the path itself...

(click to show/hide)
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 14, 2012, 12:10:03 PM »
"..., but it's quite dangerous out there with all the wild monsters roaming.”

Eat Monsters?
Kurt thinks. After having had such a delicious breakfast, he wasn't all that hungry anymore, but the Kirby race are most definately connoisseurs of cuisine, and Kurt couldn't help but wonder about how the rest of the islands edibles would taste.

Then he reminds himself: nono, I must focus, by working with these people, I might actually be able to manage and become a Hero myself!

Of course, If something does attack us, and I happen to get a taste of it in the course of holding it within me... That woud't be so bad

Spot: 13, Listen: 18, Search: ...5, Survival: 17
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 15, 2012, 02:38:46 AM »
Kong uncomfortably trots along with the rest of the group. Exploration wasn't really his forte, or interest, or something that he gave half a thought. At the same time, he knew that the island had proven itself to be fairly dangerous so far, and with this kind of group he suspected trouble could find it rather easily. He wasn't so sure about that glaive, though....

Still, he didn't much care. The forested area with the thick foliage and ambient sounds was much more akin to his home environment, and it was, in a strange way, comforting. It was far less humid than his home, and he noticed a lot fewer barrels lying around, but overall it was the same. Plenty of trees, plenty of hiding and swinging spots, plenty of room for adventure.

"Nobody's speaking. Nervous? Cautious?" The unhealthy and uncharacteristic quiet of the group made Kong more uncomfortable than the chance of being heard by anything.

I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 15, 2012, 11:25:12 AM »
"Nobody's speaking. Nervous? Cautious?"

"I'm not usually good with words. And so many of you are, that I just wan't saying nothing. I'm not nervous, I'm Exited!."

Kurt lied. He was nervous. Mostly because he was the first one seriously injured in the fight the previous day. He wanted to make a better impression today.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 11:32:37 AM by ariasderros »
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 15, 2012, 11:26:42 AM »
Jimmy pipes up.  "I'm not nervous, this is just like traveling back home.  You never know when a Pokémon might pop out and want to battle!"  He is visibly excited.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #231 on: August 15, 2012, 11:36:08 AM »
"More caution then nerves." Rabbit mentioned softly. "You never know when the en..." he lets Jimmy finish, then nods, "Precisely."

His helmed glance slid along his companions. They weren't just a rag-tag band of fellows grouped together by happenstance, but they were not a combat unit yet. Yet.

His right arm pulled back slightly, his Battle Scythe still sheathed. Though, it took less time to unsheath it then it did to actually THINK about unsheathing it.

Tactical Mode engaged. Weapons Loadout selected:
- Phendrana Blade selected. Near Absolute-Zero Field Generator active.
** Posture Sensitive ARCHON Deployment System (ARCHON DS) Awaiting Command.

- SG-54 Solaron Blaster (Personal Designation: "Star in a Jar") charged and ready. Primary Holster unlocked. Remaining sealed.
- Quantum Combat Modules Selected:
** Module R86 Rezbit Control Module Version IV
** Module X89 Chozo Inspired X-Ray Module Version I (Beta)
** Module D15 Ing Inspired Dark Visor Module Version VII

- Quantum Combat Modules Available: <See List for Details>

Self-Diagnostic In Prog.. Self Diagnostic Complete. System Ready for Commands.

H:\> _

Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #232 on: August 24, 2012, 07:10:18 PM »
While you walk trough the forest, most of you sucessfully identify, with your wilderness skills, special fruits and seeds that can give you a surge of energy-if consumed fresh. While looking for the right path and any clues for dangers, you also end up stumbling over some rupees among plant leaves and under rocks on the ground.

Rabbit recalls quite a bit of lore about the area from his data banks, and the main threats to look for
(click to show/hide)
Rabbit also finds what may look to anyone else as an useless rectangle of old metal covered by dirt and moss, but the space pirate recognizes it as a clip for his kind of weapon. Almost depeleted, but a custom work of high quality. He doesn't need to identify it, as it has instructions. In Space Pirate language.

Zax discovers among a pile of old branches three silver-tipped arrows engraved, which glow with faint elven runes when he picks them up, whispering him of hunts in an unknown mountain filled with snowstorms.

Wild Wolvos appear! Clearly trying to set you an ambush on the forest path, but you've sucessfully spoted and heard the three of them before walking into the trap.

Situation
(click to show/hide)

Crunch
(click to show/hide)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 28, 2012, 10:12:08 PM »
It was difficult to reason with wild beasts and, honestly, she wasn't sure if those could even be communicated with.
Still, they had gone through all the trouble of setting up an ambush and everything. Might as well get ahead of things if they were dead-set into being trouble.

She flew in their direction, pulsing with cold energy, then released her vortex of swirling ice shards as she tried to cut around the corner to see what was lying and perhaps waiting there, then flew a little upward into the canopy to hide amongst the leaves.

(click to show/hide)

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 02, 2012, 02:43:26 PM »
Okay, now let's see what I can do.

These big doggies look mean. Or hungry. Well so'm I, and I'll show who's on the menu!

Then again, they look scary... how can I do this, and make sure I help these heroes win the day?

Beginning to formulate a plan, Kurt breaths in deeply, inflating himself again, then moves forward, picking up a small amount of elevation as he does so.

(click to show/hide)
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 02, 2012, 04:32:45 PM »
Jeremy attempts to identify these creatures, they look like Pokémon!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #236 on: September 02, 2012, 05:02:16 PM »
An animal was an animal. From worlds to worlds, an animal was still just an animal. The presence of Pirate technology on this world was a grim find. He'd have to arrange to contact the GF and evacuate this planet... but that was secondary only to surviving the next few minutes.

With a practiced gesture the battle scythe extended from the compartment along Rabbit's forearm, and as it locked in place the blade frosted over once again as the AZ-Generator kicked in. Perhaps they were hungry? Perhaps they were testing them?

Animals were animals. This wasn't territorial. This was an ambush. Intimidation may turn this conflict into a non-issue. Otherwise, injure one, and the pack may fold on itself if it was hungry enough. Drawing his blaster from its holster, he aimed at a spot on the ground and squeezed the trigger, hoping to startle these animals and scare them off.

Though, his group could use the choicer bits of the local fauna to replenish their stock. All things in time.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 12:30:44 PM by Sneaky_Sable »
Link to my homebrews

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 03, 2012, 01:42:27 AM »
Kong slid past as Rabbit's shot hit the ground. He recognized the warning, and it was a good thing; these were just animals, and didn't deserve to be butchered like the pirates did. They were not willing combatants, and he would not enjoy any part of hurting them. Still, he could not so easily feed them with his hide...

His metal bat flew out, still slightly dented from the battles before. It hit the ground to make a hollow ring, followed by Kong's beating chest and roar. He knew nothing of the skills of fear; he was not one to usually scare off opponents....

(click to show/hide)
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 05, 2012, 04:23:00 PM »
Intimidation is all well and good, but Zax knows how dangerous these wild beasts can be.  He decides it's best to put them down quickly.

(click to show/hide)
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 07, 2012, 07:57:08 PM »
Jeremy quickly pulls out his shotput and throws it at a Wolvo.

(click to show/hide)