Author Topic: The Small Rants Thread, Continued...  (Read 162281 times)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The Small Rants Thread, Continued...
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2011, 02:43:07 PM »
I wish I did not have this need for romantic entanglements involving women.  I have chosen....poorly.  That is all.

Offline X-Codes

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • White, Fuzzy, Sniper Rifle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2011, 03:08:50 PM »
I'm watching football while sitting next to some cranky old guy that calls the head coach, offensive coordinator, and quarterback an idiot (and many, many worse things, as well) every single time he finds fault with anyone on the team.  Even like this last play, where our team is on defense, and just made a tackle for a 1 yard loss.

Normally, swearing doesn't bother me.  There's something about hearing "god-damn fucking incompetent idiots" 3 times a minute for 3 hours that tends to change my mind, though.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2011, 05:28:01 PM »
Ok, new Assassin's Creed complaint: Do not beat Revelations. Doing so will corrupt the save file in such a way that your console will screw up whenever it tries to load a video game. You have to delete the finished save file completely in order to get around this.

Thanks Ubisoft. Thanks a fucking lot. All that effort and entertainment lost.
Thanks for the heads up, though I tend to have most of the game cleared by the ending.

Not a completionist, just easily distracted. Like you gotta open your map up, along the way why not smack some guards to unlock the area and buy the shops? Going AFK for house work, phone, leaving for the local store? Let the game run for money. Check up on it once and awhile to assign new missions. By the time I had to climb the tower and use Eagle's Sight to look for a/the book I went ahead and paid the 60k for the palace, of course I've also come home to find I've lost ALL progress on assassin missions and my bank wasn't full, probably from my den being attacked. Douche bags.

Edit - Hey new complaint. Sequence 5, Altiar's thing
The son runs down a path, stop, turns around, runs up another one. Grats, you failed. Why? Move more then 10ft away from him and YOU FAIL. So what's the game do if you try again? Locks the camera why the hell up in the sky on some guy climbing down the roof tops, guess what your son does since you can't see him at all now? He stopped and turned the hell around for a few seconds before once again continuing on the only goddamn path there is. FAILED AGAIN. 3rd try, tried to break target and wound up dealing with the four of guys chasing me, what did the son do? Keep fucking running. FAILED AGAIN in the time it took to counter kill and combo kill. Who the fuck designed pathfinding for this game? Seriously, they took steps backwards from the last. ~Tip, don't kill the one he fights, he is too retarded to know he should stand still instead of running away from the other guys. But if you kill the others he stays in combat long enough to clean up.

One of your first freerunning missions when you start out you run across the VERY obvious wire bridge your supposed to take. Ezio didn't run across it, he kept trying to jump and land in four inch increments rather than just walk across it. First book to find? Climb up the roof one more level and try to walk around, There is a small invisible wall kind of off center of it and you'll be forced to walk around it. Already noted running hidden blade kills on roof top edges can be buggy. And the Master Assassin's missions? One of the ones I did had me race with my minion and then we found a templar and tracked him. When he stopped my minion was on one of the covered bridges and I was above, I dropped down and the game cut to a cut scene with me on the railing. during the cut scene I couldn't see crap, some how I broke the AI and EVERY NPC decided to climb on the railing at once. There more, these are just the obvious ones I can think of right now.

Maybe I should reinstall the game? >.>

Edit 2 - I really should sit here and post everything. Why not?
Yet another bug, sneak into the camp and air stabby the guy. If you're lazy, you just tried chucking a poison smoke bomb to kill him instead. Yeah, it don't kill him, it locks him up until you step from cover then everyone attacks you and fail by detection. Well screw air assassination anyway, I just walked up and tried to stab him. Took out too guard around the ring but the game bugged. I stood in the ring with the guy facing people that jumped in and killed them all with a crowd of guards cheering me on. Umm, style points?

« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 03:58:05 AM by SorO_Lost »

Offline EjoThims

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • The Ferret
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2011, 06:13:31 PM »
I DON'T WANT TO HAVE MY THIRD TESTICLE REMOVED WED MORNING.

:bigeyes :bigeyes :bigeyes

Offline X-Codes

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • White, Fuzzy, Sniper Rifle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2011, 06:49:19 PM »
I am better at your job than you are, Episode 9001: The Mystery of the Missing Electric Bill...

Note that there are characters that look kinda alike, the hyphen (-), the underscore (_) and the dash (‒).

The hyphen is what you get when you press the button on the keyboard.  Most people call it a dash because they don't know that it's actually too short to be a dash, but, by default, MS word will change two hypens (--) into a dash for you, because sometimes Microsoft makes things that are nifty like that.  All that said, the actual word "hyphen" isn't so obscure that a High School graduate shouldn't know what it means.

The dash is somewhat complex, but generally outdated form of punctuation in the English language.  It's kinda like the semi-colon.  There is no button on the keyboard for it, and nobody talks about it, EVER.  When they say dash, unless they're an English Professor, they mean hyphen.

The underscore has absolutely nothing at all to do with the above.  Best I can tell, it's a holdover from typewriters when there wasn't an "underline" selection to make on your word processing software... because there was no word processing software.

There is a hyphen in my e-Mail address.  I knew this when setting up my electric bill, and knew the electric bill was important.  IIRC, e-mail addresses are not case sensitive, so there's no reason to hit shift at any point during my e-mail address, either (aside from the hyphen, it's all letters).  So, upon telling the telephone rep that works for my electric company that my e-mail was [first name](hyphen)[last name](at)[university domain](dot)edu to set up my electronic electric bill (figure that out!), SOMEHOW THEY PUT AN UNDERSCORE!

Net result: I'm now over 2 months behind in my electric bills, because I haven't been getting any of them for that period of time.  Thankfully, they're not going to cut me off if I pay on the first, when my next paycheck comes in, and thanks to another relatively intelligent and helpful customer service rep that I just spoke to, the situation is hopefully rectified.

Why, by the way, have I titled this "I am better at your job than you are?"  I interviewed for a call center job at a different company a couple months ago, and they didn't even put me into training, they just flat out turned me down.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2011, 09:55:09 PM »
Actually, the em-dash (—) still sees some use.  The en-dash (–) is pretty much dead, though.  But both are still much longer than the hyphen (-).  But, God knows, I use a crapload of em-dashes in my papers.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Sinfire Titan

• Hustler 3
  • Retired Admin
  • You have one round to give a rat's ass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2011, 10:06:49 PM »
Ok, update on the Assassin's Creed glitch I mentioned earlier: It's not AC:R. It's my 360's disc reader. The thing is screwed up.

Thankfully my mom's fiancee can fix it for free on Thanksgiving.
Concerned about how moderation works here? Please PM this account.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2011, 10:22:23 PM »
WILL YOU GODDAMN IGNORANT PIG FUCKING SITE DESIGNING RETARDS PLEASE PULL THE DICKS FROM YOUR MOUTHS LONG ENOUGH TO FIX THINGS FOR THOSE OF US LOOKING FOR DRIVERS FOR OUR NETWORK CARD!!!

MONKEYS CAN DO BETTER JOBS THAN THIS!

Oh and Mom, if you've hacked my password, fuck you too while you're at it.

Edit: My apologies today has been especially bad...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 12:19:58 AM by bhu »

Offline PlzBreakMyCampaign

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2011, 11:44:59 PM »
I wish I did not have this need for romantic entanglements involving women.  I have chosen....poorly.  That is all.
I often see this. Atleast you are not alone. Usually it looks worse visa versa though imo. Have an internet hug

Btw half the things in this thread make me go ".... what?"

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2011, 07:14:13 AM »
Ok, update on the Assassin's Creed glitch I mentioned earlier: It's not AC:R. It's my 360's disc reader. The thing is screwed up.

Thankfully my mom's fiancee can fix it for free on Thanksgiving.
You know I haven't played mine since the last bug. I started one of Demond's memories and promptly fell through the floor. Since I fell threw the floor I missed the blue stuff that warps you back up. Too lazy to see if reinstalling it will fix gameplay, I'll probably just start on Saint's Row 3 and just youtube the ending. >.>

You know I went through these problems when I picked up ACII and even replaced my console (it was still under warranty) only for that huge fiasco with Ubi pretty much telling me fuck my saves, start over. Honestly, I'm convinced they just don't write stable games.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2011, 12:34:24 PM »
I hooked up with 2 of my best girl friends in the last two months, leading to awkward as fuck moments. I also hooked up with the sister of one of them. Why does it always seems that my body just doesn't have enough blood? Whenever one head gets too excited, the other one stops working. This is bad design, dude.
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2011, 12:37:29 PM »
I freaking hate passive-aggressive back-seat parenting.
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Basket Burner

• Legendary Member
  • I break Basket Weavers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2011, 01:03:23 PM »
I hate people that can't get to the point. I realize not all subjects can be discussed in 10 seconds or less. Most can't. All can be started within 10 seconds, so if it's been 1-5 minutes or more and you're still dragging your feet and refusing to get to the point, I'm going to get bored with you and pointedly walk away while you stutter incoherently at my back.

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fantasy and Gaming Blog
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2011, 02:30:29 PM »
I've seen this happen on one too many political discussion forums:

I can't stand it when people bring off-topic personal vendettas into online debates.  "I disagree with you because you're an idiot!"  Attack the argument, not the person, people!

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2011, 01:50:09 PM »
I've seen this happen on one too many political discussion forums:

I can't stand it when people bring off-topic personal vendettas into online debates.  "I disagree with you because you're an idiot!"  Attack the argument, not the person, people!

Ah, the old argument Ex Persona. I see people commiting this mistake all the time. Internet is mostly just Reduction Ad Absurdum and Ex Persona. That's why i don't argue online anymore.
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline Monotremeancer

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2011, 02:56:46 PM »
I have gotten used to random nosebleeds over the years. But must they come when I'm using my newly bought white towel?  :banghead
I'm what's staring back from the abyss.
How come you guys never wave?

Please send me a PM if you give me kudos. I'm interested in what I'm doing right.

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2011, 03:37:19 PM »
I have gotten used to random nosebleeds over the years. But must they come when I'm using my newly bought white towel?  :banghead
Have you been tested for coagulation disorders before? That's what I got diagnosed with when I had a test made due to similar problems.
Please send private messages regarding board matters to Forum Staff instead.

Offline Monotremeancer

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2011, 04:18:14 PM »
Have you been tested for coagulation disorders before? That's what I got diagnosed with when I had a test made due to similar problems.
Nope, it seems to be a family trait though. Me, my dad and his brothers pretty much all had a bad case of it in our teens, but it has grown less frequent over the years. We've always suspected it to be a result of our blood pressure (which has always been rather low).
I'm what's staring back from the abyss.
How come you guys never wave?

Please send me a PM if you give me kudos. I'm interested in what I'm doing right.

Offline Tshern

• The Clown Prince of Crime
  • DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2011, 07:14:52 PM »
For 15 minutes or so, I have been getting old. 24 is almost 25 and that rounds up to 50. Dying, one foot in the coffin already.
Pian unohtuu aika ja tila
Ja nahkapeitto ja syyllisyys
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline JohnnyMayHymn

• Former Lord of the Kitchen Sink
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2011, 08:26:06 PM »
old is a mindset,

also wtf is the hex address for available perk points in a ps3 skyrim save? arggh!
and what is this nonsense lagging on ps3 skyrim? looks like im buying the PC version.

also why did they cancel the bachelors program that i was supposed to start yesterday? now i have to find a new school! grrr!
The Emperor
Can you find the Wumpus?