Author Topic: The Slaves of Easternham  (Read 1483 times)

Offline the bluez

• You can find my public homebrew over at d&d Wiki
    • View Profile
    • User:The bluez in the dungeon
Re: The Slaves of Easternham
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2024, 09:03:43 AM »
Rhedeg listens carefully, making mental notes of the expressions, feelings and motivations that transpire behind each person in the room.

Only Adawolf stands out, being the only one who doesn't speak. The young Yn Gyntaf focuses on her, trying to catch any meaningful information from her countenance.

Can they trust her? Trust the lady of coins? Has she been put here to spy on them? Will her be able to successfully track the caravan and scout ahead?

Investigation roll result: 17 (1d20+4: 13+4)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 09:05:50 AM by the bluez »
the bluez in the dungeon

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2024, 01:53:52 PM »
When Gwaedwen notices Promise's attempts to not appear so intimdating to the tiny flonha girl, she turns her head around and sends her a warm smile upwards in silent recognition. If the llethu woman allows her to, she also strokes her wrist and palm, showing that Gwaedwen trusts Promise not to suddenly snatch her hand and hurt her.

She turns her attention again around to Isigqila.

"You don't have to worry that we will spread your story around among the local rumor mill. This is very helpful information, telling us more about the involvement of the Living Sun Wardens, and what they have possibly gleaned so far of the plans to free the flonha slaves."

Gwaedwen smiles warmly and brushes her long hair forward again.

"And you don't have to feel sorry, Isigqila. Going into the lion's den of Fracha was very brave, and is what has enabled us to go on this mission in the first place."

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2024, 04:38:19 PM »
Isigqila shrugged, once more languid in his person. "I do what I can for folks who'll end up dead if they don't end up here. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm going to have to move to a new location. Who knows, maybe I can get sent over to Biyan, where everyone's a bit more civilized than down in Pybyr Vestana. No dust, no desert, green fields... I'd like it."

Adawolf looked across at Promise Keeper. Or rather, looked up. Even at the Kier's imposing size in normal company, she was still a child compared to the Llethu. And then she gave one slow nod, without ever taking her eyes off of the giant's.

Offline dman

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2024, 09:49:11 PM »
Adziil scratches the scales around his wild red mane and then swings his great treebreaker across his shoulders.  "So, what happens to the people we save?  I see many have never known anything different and most of them either die in the wilds or fall prey to the next villain who'll take advantage of them."

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2024, 11:06:22 PM »
Maiden of the Coins answered. "We bring them here, to help them recover. That is why Easternham exists, after all. If they recover, they are free to leave and take up what positions they will in society, whether rescuing their own, living in Setras Ra, or roaming. We are not their jailors, but their healers."

Offline dman

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2024, 12:56:51 PM »
The muscular Biyou snorts his initial skepticism, but his stem gaze softens and his eyes moisten as he allows the possibility of hope to creep into heart. "My people..."

He stares off into the distance before turning back to the Maiden of the Coins.

"I wish to learn these ways." He states matter of factly.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2024, 04:00:19 PM »
The giantess looked down at the Biyou. "Perhaps, when you have rescued those in need of help. There are many who need assistance out there beyond the lands that we of Setras Ra can control. It is not a kind world to the weak."

Offline dman

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2024, 10:05:10 PM »
"Yes. I know... Too well." Sighs the great saurian as he remembers his past.  He grimaces and violently grips his arms. His nails sink into his flesh and blood drips out.
 He throws back his head and screams as his muscles bulge to impossible size. "That is why I . . . AM . . . ADZIIL!!!"

"I WILL FIND THEM!"

"I WILL SAVE THEM!"

"TELL ME WHERE TO GO!"

"HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 10:11:48 PM by dman »

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2024, 06:07:06 AM »
Gwaedwen looks up at Adzil to say something, but when he so loudly proclaims his support she keeps silent. She probably couldn't make herself heard with her soft voice anyway.

Instead, she walks over to the table with the papers and goes on her tip-toes to take a closer look at the map.

"My magic can run its course only a few days, before it needs to be renewed with another sacrifice. If they travel by foot speed, and we travel by foot speed - anyone can figure out how long we'll be on the way?"

She also looks at Adzil and Adawolf.

"By the way, are you trained in hunting? I'd need something at least dog-sized every day to keep up my magic - or would need it less often, with larger prey."

(click to show/hide)

Offline dman

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2024, 07:20:46 AM »
Still breathing heavily Adziil notices Gwaedwen and stomps over to the map table. He slams his palms on the table and shows his breathing.  He eyes narrow with intensity - first boring into the mission organizers and then glaring at the map as if it was trying to hide something from him. He growls, "Where do we find them?"

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 07:24:23 AM by dman »

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2024, 08:23:03 AM »
The Kier perks her ears in response to the Flonha's request, baring her teeth in what could be called a grin. It's probably best to take that as confirmation she's very good at hunting.

(click to show/hide)

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2024, 11:21:47 AM »
Promise Keeper introduces herself to Adziil and then discusses marching order with the party.

(click to show/hide)
Hmm.

Offline dman

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2024, 12:23:16 AM »
"Yá'át'ééh, Nizhoni." Adziil meets the giantess' large light eyes with his own. "Promise Keeper is a strong name.  A strong name for one with a strong spirit.  I see your plan, and I see it well to walk with you." Adziil looks around. "I see it well l to walk with all of you. Let us walk together, and Adziil will walk ahead."  He lifts his weapon and points in the direction they should go.

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2024, 10:45:45 AM »
As the party gets ready to depart, Gwaedwen first catches her cow and wanders off some 500 yards away from the village - what she is about to do isn't pretty for the pain empathy of traumatized flonhas, and mistreated flonha are one of those soft spots she has in her heart.

Several minutes later she re-appears at the trade post, her dress straining against her bulkier figure and larger bosom, two small horns breaking through her hair, and her demeanor not appearing very cute at all anymore. Behind her she drags the carcass, its throat mutilated ans as gory as Gwaedwens lips. With the sweetest smile she can manage in her new state, she offers the flesh of the slaughtered cattle as a parting gift and asks that every flonha eats their fill of it - especially the children.

(click to show/hide)

Offline dman

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2024, 08:45:35 PM »
Adziil motions with a clawed hand that he will silently investigate.  He listens and watches carefully while slinking his way toward the sound.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2024, 08:02:06 AM »
Under the cloak of night, a caravan wound its way through the dense, darkened woods, the chatter of the caravan's guards and owners easily audible to Adziil. Flanking the procession were Biyou, scales glinting dimly under the faint glow of the moons. Warriors, clad in leather and metal armor, weapons at the ready, their snouts sniffing the air and eyes peering into the dark even as they chatted. Arcanists, adorned with robes etched with mystic symbols, sat atop the wagons and kept their own vigilance, although less so than that of their lower-caste servants.

As Adziil snuck forward, a rustle in the underbrush set the caravan twitching. But it was only a false alarm — a small creature, startled by the caravan’s passage. The Biyou resumed their march, the caravan moving forward, whatever it was carrying hidden under a thick canvas wrap over the backs of the two wains.

Offline the bluez

• You can find my public homebrew over at d&d Wiki
    • View Profile
    • User:The bluez in the dungeon
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2024, 10:09:53 AM »
Rhedeg looks around to see whatever the others are doing.
As most of his companions remain idle, he chooses to hide himself (whether in tall grass, bushes or behind trees nearby), hopefully to intervene unseen keeping himself within 20 feet of the others (and of their source of light). If they decide to move towards the other caravan he will follow them always in hiding, not breaking its pace thanks to his training (Plainsdweller feat allows to make Stealth check with no penalty while moving at full speed), so that he doesn't compromise its hiding spot by making too much noise.

(click to show/hide)
the bluez in the dungeon