Author Topic: High End OOC thread III-Separations of Doom  (Read 169222 times)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: High End OOC thread III-Separations of Doom
« Reply #300 on: September 21, 2016, 09:59:01 PM »
... In hindsight, I should have objected to being engulfed in a mob attack when I seem to remember hit and run tactics. With range that would've taken me well outside the room again. :lmao

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #301 on: September 25, 2016, 07:59:44 AM »
Also @Ols, what are the chances of of a level up happening soon? Like I have no idea how much time has happened in game but based on everyone else's edit's it's been three years. So while I'm complimenting a new mech build should I be thinking in terms of being able to select 8 upgrades in each area instead of 7?  :flutter

You already leveled up after facing the esper if I'm not mistaken. You'll need at least another major challenge overcome. Half of the players just happen to have mythweaver sheets and thus don't update the forum posts themselves.

On the other hand your character seems to be missing any ranks in Craft (Explosives) which are kinda needed for several of the Nuclear Dragon's maneuvers. I'll let you retrain that now.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 25, 2016, 09:59:32 AM »
You already leveled up after facing the esper if I'm not mistaken.
Last level up was from the first mission on Ragol, after the dragon w/ healing lasers room, mostly.

On the other hand your character seems to be missing any ranks in Craft (Explosives)
He's got Knowledge (Astronomy). It's been updated to that key-ability score. RD is still with the old Craft (Explosive) but it doesn't matter much since they're both Int-keyed skills that won't see much use one way or another. And that's despite us being in a space traveling campaign.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 25, 2016, 11:14:16 AM »
You already leveled up after facing the esper if I'm not mistaken.
You mean Ayrk? No, we didn't level after that. We started at level 12 and Bahamut is lv13.

A little digging later and here is your first offer to level up and the confirmation. Per timeline of, Stepember-ish 2014, in the IC thread we were chilling out in a bar after giving a report over defeating the self-repairing dragon. Anomander was spot on.

He's got Knowledge (Astronomy). It's been updated to that key-ability score.
See I totally keep my sheet up to date with all homebrew changes!

*cough* We leveled like nine months after the skill change which is probably the only reason I caught it.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #304 on: September 25, 2016, 08:55:40 PM »
My bad on the leveling up. Then I guess yes you can count on upgrading after this battle if you survive.

See I totally keep my sheet up to date with all homebrew changes!

The Nuclear Dragon uses Craft (Explosives) as the key skill for the school instead of the one listed in the link (this change is not optional).

Your OOC searching abilities are admirable, but you should also keep tabs on your base class.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 25, 2016, 09:08:13 PM »
I would've updated to Knowledge (Astronomy) if only because knowing how the fuck stars work is far more plausible background wise than knowing how to make nitroglycerin.

But that means editing that sheet. Which is painful. :lmao

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 25, 2016, 09:39:49 PM »
The Nuclear Dragon uses Craft (Explosives) as the key skill for the school instead of the one listed in the link (this change is not optional).
Ah, there's that! Makes a lot more sense for a nuclear dragon to use Craft ('splosives) too, so that's just as well.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 25, 2016, 11:07:02 PM »
Well then it's a good thing I'll be making a new sheet after Baha's death leveling up then, it'll give me a chance to maybe spot some changes and with the attention to the sheets maybe spot an error or four.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 25, 2016, 11:09:39 PM »
The challenge in seeing who's the last man standing is real. xD

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 27, 2016, 03:20:40 PM »
I could have swore something was said about channeling our Special Abilities through the Mech would become a Super Robot Upgrade instead of Arsenal right? Also what is the Arsenal level cap? Like 7th?

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 27, 2016, 03:41:38 PM »
^Correct!

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 27, 2016, 04:34:38 PM »
That'd be cool then. I can finally get some armor for my mech. I assume "G-Territory" which grants the "G-Wall" means Gravity Wall right?

Also I know it was ruled my buffs apply to the mech when I get in it, but does that hold true if I swap out the umm ..."Arcane Channeling" arsenal stuff for something more than Divine-Flame only offense? Like some of the mech weapons scale up pretty nice.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 27, 2016, 10:49:39 PM »
"G-Territory" which grants the "G-Wall" means Gravity Wall right?
Aye, though that is a level 6 accessory so it shouldn't be available to us for quite a while yet. Maybe in 6-7 years.

Also I know it was ruled my buffs apply to the mech when I get in it, but does that hold true if I swap out the umm ..."Arcane Channeling" arsenal stuff for something more than Divine-Flame only offense? Like some of the mech weapons scale up pretty nice.
Not sure I understand what you're trying to ask.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 27, 2016, 11:10:55 PM »
Aye, though that is a level 6 accessory so it shouldn't be available to us for quite a while yet. Maybe in 6-7 years.
I'm getting mixed signals here.
I could have swore something was said about channeling our Special Abilities through the Mech would become a Super Robot Upgrade instead of Arsenal right? Also what is the Arsenal level cap? Like 7th?
^Correct!
Anyway, after some digging, I finally found the maximum level.

It's not listed on Arcane Pilot.
It's not listed in the Arsenal thread.
It's not listed in the Mech Basics (through misleading it claims stuff like real+super-3).
It's not listed in the actual Super Robot that Arcane Pilot points to.
It's only listed in the Super Pilot Class, but not even in the description simply it's table.
So technically speaking, since Arsenal levels are a Real/Super Pilot only Class Feature. I can buy space, or even remove the arcane parts, but cannot fill it since my maximum level is null. For everyone else, the answer is 4th and you're welcome.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 11:15:35 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 27, 2016, 11:18:56 PM »
Oh yeah, arsenal access is a CF. I forgot that it was a class level based thing.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: September 27, 2016, 11:20:31 PM »
The maximum arsenal level is 7th.
That doesn't mean that it is every classes' maximum arsenal level. It just is the maximum level possible. Super pilot by itself cannot get more than 6th without epic levels.
And even if you went maximum real pilot, you wouldn't have access to it 'till 16th level, which is why I mentioned it isn't available to us yet.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 28, 2016, 03:16:14 PM »
Oh yeah, arsenal access is a CF. I forgot that it was a class level based thing.
I never knew, the homebrew is about the least intuitive thing I've seen since college-level programming assignments.

There is also some ambiguity like how often can you find bullets to reload or are energy costs per hit or per round. But given the implication of a lv4's ability to double buy say the Anti-Ship Sword your typical Super Robot can deal 18d12+(Strx2) for, ooh say full battery upgrade but no actual energy regeneration for like 26~28 rounds. And heck, it's not even a "beam" weapon and it partially ignores AC/DR. Given that's far beyond WotC's Spells without heavy Metamagic abuse and casting the local area into a semi-permanent winter, and the Arcane Pilot's horribly gimped list sucks, it really needs at least some level of arsenal. And it already pays a hefty storage fee so Super's progression is probably appropriate.

And like a bonus Gravity Wall access. I mean that is a 15/hit type and a "Prototype" that costs 10/hit. It seems like the normal G-Wall is supposed to be lower than the maximum so you can get the upgrade later on. So why not lv4 which retranslates into like ECL13+?  0:)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 29, 2016, 10:18:32 AM »
“That will not work twice” counter to stop Mao's attack.
It'll have to save against the Charisma drain anyway since it can affect creatures immune to it, though they get a +5 bonus on the save.
Also, when something like that happens in response to the first attack of many attacks, doesn't it make sense that the attacker can simply choose a different weapon for the rest of the attacks?

Out of interest, if That won't work twice! is used again and again, it is a maneuver that lasts a minute rather than the usual 1 round, does the immunity of each use stack or does the next use overwrites the previous?

And isn't everyone that has the mob within their melee reach getting an AoO?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 10:28:52 AM by Anomander »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 29, 2016, 10:38:12 AM »
“That will not work twice” counter to stop Mao's attack.
Also, when something like that happens in response to the first attack of many attacks, doesn't it make sense that the attacker can simply choose a different weapon for the rest of the attacks?

This "something happening" is "they're no longer taking damage". Knowledge (Martial) would have to come up to identify exactly why that is. And without the check, you'd at a minimum have to waste a second attack to find out that it isn't working, followed by an intuitive leap to realise it's the choice of weapon.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 29, 2016, 10:44:54 AM »
Mao had a similar thing happen to her while fighting the huge beasts on Ragol. She's used to the idea of switching weapons when one no longer does anything.
And even then, anyone with half a brain would figure after the second attack fudges while other people's do work that something is up with the weapon itself and trying another might be a good idea.

Though she won't see bits breaking off when she strikes, she'd still feel the charisma drain  inflicted so she'd likely keep on using the same weapon anyway, seeing it as convenient.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 10:48:28 AM by Anomander »