Author Topic: Chapter 2 - Race to the bottom  (Read 13221 times)

Offline Skyrock

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 2 - Race to the bottom
« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2020, 06:16:49 PM »
Fuyuko beams at her wife as she is complimented.

"So I have done right? Let me just finish the job, I can't wait to see how pretty Tanya looks once I have put the final touches on her hair and brought out the Hime in her!"

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 01, 2020, 02:58:29 PM »
Niko looks very confused and vaguely uncomfortable, although his discomfort is most likely because he is a very large hairy unwashed man who was just dug out of the ground and not used to being around people of quality even when he's had a chance to properly groom himself.

Not knowing how to react to pretty much any of this, Niko instead focuses on the job at hand.  He concentrates for a bit, scanning the room.

"Don't worry little miss, none of those creatures are here.  I would sense them if they were."

(click to show/hide)

Offline Skyrock

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 01, 2020, 03:07:17 PM »
Niko doesn't detect anything unusual, especially not underground - although there seems to be more to Fuyuko than you would expect from a simple hairdresser.

The redhead calms down and relaxes a bit.

"That's good to know. You will let me know when they come back for me, please?"
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 03:10:39 PM by Skyrock »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 01, 2020, 03:23:38 PM »
Niko laughs self-depreciatingly, "They caught me too remember?  I'll keep an eye out for them and warn you if I sense any."

He looks at Fuyoko questioningly but doesn't say anything.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 01, 2020, 05:25:01 PM »
"They shouldn't come back. If they do, we can simply defeat them again," Yuki says, giving Niko's questioning look a questioning look of her own. "And yes, it's very pretty. I hope you can remember how to do this again..."

Offline Skyrock

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 01, 2020, 05:39:09 PM »
Fuyuko is too occupied with her work to notice the questioning look, and puts the finishing touches on Tanya's hair. The snow wife hands her a small hand mirror and lets Tanya finally admire the final results for herself.

Tanya is stunned for a long moment before she is able to speak again. Glancing at herself from all angles and rising up to get a better view, she gives her review to her helper:

"Fuyuko, you did great work. If I didn't know any better, I wouldn't know that this was me. Maybe the governesses at the nunnery were wrong, and I am destined to greater things than to pray forgotten by the world..."

Fuyuko's smile gets even brighter at the praise. She turns around to Yuki:

"Of course I know how to do this, and can touch up Tanya-hime as often as she likes me to. I hope she wants to, I think she will be a really pretty baroness when the day comes!"
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 05:46:48 PM by Skyrock »

Offline dman

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2020, 01:22:13 AM »
(click to show/hide)

As his ecclesiastical brothers and sisters trickle in with stories of serving and ministering to the poor, Hank is all smiles, handshakes, and hugs.  He pauses here to admire someone's progress on a decorative painting and there to test the balance of new arrows.  You see him acting out his fiery dance with grave elementals and imitating the sound of an exploding ghast. After the initial greetings the missionaries start cooking.  You here the crunch of freshly chopped vegetables and the sizzle of meat as the sweet and savory aromas of roasted red pepper, paprika, boiled cabbage, tomato and onion salad, and lightly crusted schnitzel fill the room. 

"My fellow adventurer's please join us in food and fellowship tonight.  I recognize that many of you might not be open to our particular spiritual perspective and that's fine, but if we can fight together surely we can eat together. Enjoy the music and feel free to sing along or critique us under your breath.  I think our time together will help the young lady here begin the healing process.  I understand that your powers of healing are second to none, Karlat.  I was hoping that at certain times in the performance or perhaps at the end you could administer them to the young lady as you see fit."  He smiles at each of you.  "Here's a list of the music."

« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 01:23:59 AM by dman »

Offline Skyrock

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2020, 01:51:45 PM »
The redhead willingly accepts Karlat's administrations and lays down on a pew. She sweats and ventilates heavily as the magic brings back her supressed memories, but its healing properties this time steel her mind enough to snap out of her amnesia and face the unpleasant reality. After she has recovered from the shock, she sits up. Clumsily she tries to hide the holy symbol of the archfey into her worm-eaten rags, before she speaks up.

"Yes, you're right... I am Nadja Ovlova. Masked footpads caught me when I was out on the streets one late evening, bound me and took me with a wheelbarrow to the dry well to throw me down the shaft. They laughed that no one would come to my help and that 'the Baron' would be very pleased once I was out of the picture. I could eventually loosen the ropes and gag enough to at least move freely about and cry for help. When hours later still no one heard, I started to wander about, hoping there was another exit, and then... Ugh, I still don't like to speak of it, I think you can guess it.

Once the sun comes out, I have to immediately go to the Frog & Egg Inn in Old Chancel. That's where I work... I mean, worked as a waitress and maid. They have a box with all my possessions, and must have kept it. They must!"

Looking down her rags and sniffing, she adds:

"After I've had a bath and some fresh clothes, that is. Could any of you borrow me some copper kopeks for that purpose? I'll pay them back as soon as I can, I promise!"

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2020, 02:51:49 PM »
Niko sighs.  Since these others were sent to find the girl that means he is most likely out whatever pay he could have earned for finding the girl.  Still, having been trapped in the dirt himself he knows at least some of what she's been through. 

He digs a silver piece out of a belt pouch and hands it to her.  "Here you go miss."