Author Topic: [PF] Any ideas on how to take advantage of a Cyclops's Flash of Insight?  (Read 5833 times)

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
Re: [PF] Any ideas on how to take advantage of a Cyclops's Flash of Insight?
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2022, 12:15:24 PM »
Thoughtful Wish-Maker to avoid those pesky pitfalls from the efreet, but wouldn't work on the Ring of Three Wishes
add me on Steam- zook1shoe
- All Spells
- playground

Offline Power

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Rolling a boulder up a hill
    • View Profile
Re: [PF] Any ideas on how to take advantage of a Cyclops's Flash of Insight?
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2022, 12:28:15 PM »
In this case, the wishes would be granted to the Cyclops under your command, not you.

Offline Power

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Side note, but you can use Cyclopean Seer Oracle to intentionally craft cursed items for cheap. If you fail a magic item crafting check by 5 or more, you get to roll on Table 15-27 (pg 536 of PF Core Rulesbook) to see what kind of cursed item it turns into. By rigging the d100 into the 91-100 range, we cause it to be substituted into a specific cursed item. This allows us to use Craft Wondrous Item to intentionally fail making a Dust of Tracelessnesss for 125 gp and get a Dust of Sneezing and Choking out of it.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 06:10:53 AM by Power »

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
does that common item curse 91-100 change what item you tried to make, like that Dust of Tracelessness turns into Armor of Rage?

61-75 Drawback is pretty good too.
99 character cannot cast any spells
add me on Steam- zook1shoe
- All Spells
- playground

Offline Power

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
No, I'm pretty sure it would turn an attempted item into its resultant cursed item, if one exists anyway. That is the purpose of listing Dust of Appearance and Dust of Tracelessness as items that can create Dust of Sneezing and Choking, really.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 12:36:31 AM by Power »