Author Topic: Chapter 6: To skin a cat  (Read 3139 times)

Offline dman

• View Profile
Re: Chapter 6: To skin a cat
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2022, 11:26:57 PM »
"Oh Elusia. I expected better from you.
Such pretense at reason is betrayed by your brutish manipulations. Why would you trade away your salvation for something so common as the lust of the eyes and so banal as the pride of life?

Choose this day who you will be, woman: a whore of Babylon drunk on the blood of the saints and your delusions of autonomy or a righteous daughter of the Almighty who bleeds on your behalf and whose love for you will never fade."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2022, 07:49:49 AM »
... this was going nowhere. He was trying to talk over a mind-controlling half vampire?

Well, she had some payback to exact anyway. Besides, she was a monster hunter at times, and this was a monster. Call it public service.

Yuki moved forward from her lax stance. One punch, two ought to do it.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Skyrock

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2022, 12:36:31 PM »
Elusia crumples into a pile on the floor, bleeding out. Tanya, who had gingerly followed Mist's suggestion, turns around to look at the commotion and seems devastated. "MISTRESS!" She rushes back and kneels down next to the half-vampiress, readying a healing spell.

No one cares much for the attack. Violence seems to be not uncommon in this rowdy drinking hole.

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2022, 01:11:55 PM »
"Wait!" Mist says, jumping in front of Tanya. "We detected an enchantment upon the lady and need to move her to someone who can assist in removing it, like Lusica. You must only stabilize her. It is best if she remains unconscious...if she were to awaken and do something she regrets, it could cause permanent long-term harm to her psyche.

(click to show/hide)
Hmm.

Offline Skyrock

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2022, 01:27:39 PM »
"Oh." Tanya looks concerned. "Thank you for warning me, Mist. I don't want any harm to come to mistress Elusia." She touches the half-vampiress tenderly and casts the least healing spell on her to stabilize her. Tanya then streaks unconscious Elusia's cheek, coming off as both a dutiful maid and a smitten lover.

Nadja, who is stood back during the exchange, creates once again a floating disk to put the body on, much to the astonishment of Tanya. "Since when can you do that?" Nadja blushes. "I-it's a long story... I'll bring you up to speed later. A lot has changed, and you are not the only one who has found love recently." With that, the redhead smiles up to Niko and winks.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2022, 01:38:00 PM »
Oh, she wasn't dead. That was a shame; it would be hard to come up with a justification for doing something now. One that would be believed, at least.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2022, 03:03:28 PM »
Niko smiles in a stunned way back at Nadja. 

Offline Skyrock

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2022, 06:22:00 PM »
Unconscious Elusia placed on the disk and Tanya seeing after her needs, you make your way to the Cardinalesse's Guards Inn. There are curious questions from pedestrians, but Mist manages to deflect them easily.

Inside the Cardinalesse's Guards Inn filled with wily enforcers, that act is not so easy. The sight of a blue guardswoman being carried around causes quite a ruckus. Lusica, who has watched the event from the back and begun to push her way towards the front when she spotted you, is full-on confused when a brunette maid unbeknownst to Lucy emerges from your group and pleads her to save her mistress.

"Mistress? So you are Elusia's maid...?"

She glances over Tanya's shoulder at you and sighs.

"Let's go somewhere more quiet. More q u i e t." She had only raised her voice slightly, still keeping in line with her usual soft and tender tone of voice. But it has an effect on the crowd, as if her voice carries weight belying her small and unthreatening stature. Beware the smyler with the knyf undre the cloke.

(click to show/hide)

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2022, 01:19:29 PM »
Mist nods and follow Lusica. She speaks in a low voice. "The... 'mistress' is a rather charming individual. I can imagine you know why are here."
Hmm.

Offline Skyrock

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2022, 06:22:57 PM »
Lusica leads all of you but Tanya in a quiet room in the back. "Your mistress will be fine with me, she is now with fellow guards. Drink something for the nerves, it's on the house. If someone bothers you, tell any guard that you are with Lusica."

With Tanya out of earshot, the inspector turns to Mist.

"I'm very familiar with Elusia and her methods, thank you. What I can't figure out is why you knocked out Elusia, dragged her to my doorstep and brought her servant along. As it stands currently, I have nothing but trouble to gain from keeping Elusia around in this state, while I could win quite a favour with the Blue Guard if I were to feed you to the wolves. But - I am your friend, and your deeds have proven that you are more than just another ragtag adventuring party. I'm more than willing to work with you, but you'll need to give me something to work with.

You could start with that maid. I have never seen that maid in Elusia's employ, so something is up with her. She's is a pretty thing, but not so pretty as to fit into Elusia's usual plaything scheme, nor important enough to fit into her usual prey scheme. And yet, I can tell that Elusia found it worth charming her and keeping her around. Why?"

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2022, 07:40:43 AM »
Mist quietly takes out the ring with the seal of House Szepreszyl and puts it close enough where Lusica can inspect it. "I believe you were looking for a certain person. That person may be closer than you think...and given recent troubles, them having a sponsor would be...prudent. Elusia made a rather forceful offer. I imagine you can make a better one."
Hmm.

Offline dman

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2022, 06:27:45 PM »
"Wait. Lucia, you know this seducer of women is a vampire, in the service of vampires, and a worshiper of the beast, and you haven't brought her in yet!?  What levels of corruption is the church not willing to tolerate!?"

Offline Skyrock

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2022, 12:19:17 PM »
Lucy - subtly - rolls her eyes at Hank. "Yes, I know of Elusia's nature, aaand - what do you expect me to do? Little wee me wetting her with holy water and putting a stake into her, only to have her friends put me on trial as a murderess? Besides, Elusia is more useful to me alive, when I know where she is and what she is up to."

Lusica gets big eyes as she looks at the ring presented by Mist. "So, that is she - the heir? Even I would have disregarded her as a simple maid. She must be a great actress, or instructed by someone who is."

The inspector sends someone to fetch Tanya, who continues playing her role, her hands demurely folded in her lap as she kneels in order not to tower over Lucy. "I am Amelia, maidservant in the employ of my beloved mistress Elusia. My mistress has fallen under a harmful enchantment, one that you could help her with. If you would be so kind, ma'am? Please? Pleeeaaase? I'd do anything to have her become better."

Lusica takes one of her concoctions from her handbag and gives it to 'Amelia'. "Begin by drinking this. That enchantment is contagious, this will protect you from the fall-out."

'Amelia' gulps it down - and shows a mix of confusion and shame in her face.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline dman

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2022, 08:39:11 PM »
"How are feeling?  Can you tell us what happened?"

Offline Skyrock

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2022, 02:28:03 PM »
"Well, she came in, and wanted to meet Lady von Lindenfeld." She eyes Lusica suspiciously, not being keyed in into the plan. "I tried to tell her that the Lady wasn't available, and then... My heart fluttered, and Elusia became the most important person in my life. My world seemed to shatter when she set about to leave, so I did everything I could to please her. I wanted to be her faithful servant and lover, and confided everything to her. Until just a moment ago, there was nothing more important to help Mistress Elusia to get better, and now when I look at her limp form, I feel... indifferent. Somewhat heartbroken, as if I had just lost a very precious thing, but really mostly indifferent."

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2022, 04:36:24 PM »
Niko frowns.  "Sounds like the magic used on Nadja."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2022, 09:07:00 PM »
"Fuyuko is a good actress, when she tries. Elusia is lucky to be alive now."

Offline Skyrock

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2022, 03:47:43 PM »
Nadja looks unhappy at being reminded of her state two nights ago, and possessively hugs Niko's arm.

Lusica seems interested. "So Nadja was charmed too? Charming is what would fit Elusia's M.O. - she likes to ensorcel people, then use her natural charms and seduction to wrap them around her little finger. What thing of value are you hiding, little maidservant?"

Tanya narrows her eyes at the open mention of Fuyuko.

Fuyuko? So, does Lusica know? I mean, who Lady von Lindenfeld is, and who I am? Can we trust her?

Offline dman

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2022, 11:57:23 AM »
Trust is a strong word, but she seems to be the only one who can help us at this point.  I am sure there is some way our interests can align with her's, and she's certainly a better option than this beast-worshipping vampire seductress.

My uncle always said 'If you find yourself drowning, act like it's planned because it probably is.' We'll just have to trust in the providence of the Lord.

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2022, 01:11:42 PM »
Mist looks to Tanya. "Now is the time for everything to come to light, as your mother wished."
Hmm.