Author Topic: Highest starting Strength  (Read 722 times)

Offline aaj3327

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Highest starting Strength
« on: June 07, 2022, 05:40:44 PM »
I am trying to create a character for a friends campaign. The DM already has said he is going to make it high powered so i need some help. I get to play the tank, something i do not do often and was wanting to make a char with the highest str/con possible. We are allowed up to a +3 LA as the DM is allowing buyoff. The only restriction is i have to create a backstory for anything elaborate and no more than 2 starting HD. I was thinking of going lolth touched half minotaur/half ogre. But i know there are people who do this more than i do who could come up with something much stronger. As far as classes i am open to playing anything but i think barb/frenzied berserker or the hulking hurler, but again i know there are min/maxed better ways. Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 05:42:20 PM by aaj3327 »

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Highest starting Strength
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2022, 06:47:28 PM »
Is high strength its own reward, or do you just want to hit often and hard? Because the latter is easier achieved through other means, such as Knowledge Devotion or ToB manuevers. It also pays to have means of offense that hit different defenses, like the Spot the Weak Point skill trick to hit touch AC, high initiative or marbles to hit flat-footed AC or a breath weapon to put the Reflex save to the test.

If you want to be a "tank" as in someone who keeps the enemy brutes from getting to your squishies, the Thicket of Blades stance is unparalled as far as martial means go. Wizards with the Black Tentacles and Druids flooding the map with summons and a well-placed Sleet Storm still laugh about it, but such is the fate of muggles in D&D 3.5.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 08:54:12 AM by Skyrock »

Offline Power

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Rolling a boulder up a hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2022, 08:39:15 AM »
This thread really belongs in the "Min/Max 3.X" board.

Also, it would be advised to check the sticky there, since there is a lot of relevant information your post is missing for people to be able to give a detailed response.

Offline zook1shoe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Feeling the Bern
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2022, 07:04:51 PM »
Tauric cheese could probably get higher, but this is the best i could do quickly for race side only.

Lolth-Touched / Half-Ogre / Half-Minotaur / Feral / Wild / Proto / Full Orc

(click to show/hide)

Large Giant/Monstrous Humanoid (augmented humanoid)
Speed 55 ft
natural armor +10
1 Gore 1d8
2 claws 2d6 (improved grab)
fast healing 2
involuntary rage (as barbarian advancement)
+28 Str, -2 Dex, +12 Con, -14 Int, +0 Wis, -10 Cha

starting Strength 46 (assuming 18 base)
bump to Strength 54 (involuntary rage + berserker strength/whirling frenzy)
add me on Steam- zook1shoe
- All Spells
- playground