Author Topic: Working on a Soulborn fix (help?)  (Read 1741 times)

Satori

Working on a Soulborn fix (help?)
« on: November 23, 2011, 08:01:37 AM »
Because Incarnum Defense needed to be non-lame.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Working on a Soulborn fix (help?)
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 10:07:23 PM »
What's the difference between having a layer active and just having it wrapped, other than the fact that you can have 1 wrapped per level but only 1+1/6 levels after 2nd active? Given the number of layers actually provided (only 14 or so at a quick glance), I'm guessing the layers equal to your level is a typo.

What makes layers different from regular soulmelds? I don't really see anything other than the fact that they are more defensive and don't take up your chakra binds/item slots.

Regardless, I heartily approve of anything that lets Soulborns actually be meldshapers in function as well as name. Might want to change the essentia gain a little, though. At level 2, you've got only 1 point of essentia capacity (one soulmeld and one auto-filled layer) and 2 essentia. Your essentia exceeds your capacity until 6th (when you get a capacity of 2/receptacle, upping your capacity to 6+1 for 4 essentia). At later levels, you've barely got anything (11 essentia to fill up to 28 capacity from soulmelds alone plus 9 more from your layers). From what I've seen of the Incarnate and the Totemist, essentia is usually somewhere in the range of half your capacity.