Author Topic: Positive Energy Dungeon ideas  (Read 709 times)

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
Positive Energy Dungeon ideas
« on: August 07, 2024, 05:28:48 PM »
Ok, so I was thinking about the whole "positive energy overhealing causes you to explode" trick that was made famous by the "bag of exploding squirrels" thing, and I went to read the rest of the planar traits. I now have a fantastic basis for a dungeon.

Premise:
- Eberron has Manifest Zones, where planar traits can influence the material plane.
(click to show/hide)
- A warforged stumbles into a positive energy manifest zone and notes that all the living things that enter glow like a fallout reject before exploding suddenly, and decides to set up shop.
- Bandits and such show up and try to take over, and eventually someone manages to get out un-exploded to tell the adventurer's guild what's up.
- Adventurers show up, and find out the situation is getting significantly worse:
(click to show/hide)
- Now every exploded visitor is leaving behind animated gear, and the more powerful the defeated party, the stronger the gear they leave behind. Oh no.

Offline Versatility_Nut

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: Positive Energy Dungeon ideas
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2024, 05:44:57 PM »
The Ravid gives precedent for this, though the Animate Objects spell keyed to doesn't affect magic items.

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
Re: Positive Energy Dungeon ideas
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2024, 06:30:02 PM »
The Ravid gives precedent for this, though the Animate Objects spell keyed to doesn't affect magic items.

Yup, they are listed on the same wiki page describing the plane. The planar trait doesn't have the animation restriction anywhere or even reference Animate Object, so that's still safe.